TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: FM Author Spotlight Interview Series (#9 Squadafroinx)

FM Author Spotlight Interview Series (#9 Squadafroinx)

Greetings, fellow taffers.

I am happy to inform you that I have just begun a new series of written interviews with fan mission authors. Having recently joined the team of Thief Guild, I decided it would be a nice idea to revive the 2013-2015 video interview series by Athalle. Over the past decade, there has been an influx of many new FM creators. I believe people would be interested in learning more about how they approach DromED workflow, what inspires them, and how they spend their spare time.

You can expect new interviews to be published every Friday, featuring both fresh authors and community veterans. I will also update this TTLG thread regularly. If you have ever published any FMs, you are more than welcome to participate in the series - just send me a private message.

List of currently available episodes:
    FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #9 - Squadafroinx
    FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #8 - Random_Taffer
    FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #7 - StinkyKitty
    FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #6 - JarlFrank
    FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #5 - Pookaball
    FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #4 - Swiz
    FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #3 - Snake
    FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #2 - Froghemoth
    FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #1 - Intruder
    Last edited by Aemanyl; 10th May 2024 at 10:08.

I'm excited that we extend our Thief Guild Team with "FM curator" Aemanyl and that we extend our website with such valuable content. Thanks to Aemanyl for the initiative, and thank you to every FM creator participating.
    Last edited by Marzec; 15th Mar 2024 at 13:05.

Hurray! Text! Text is cool, video sucks.

Nice. I am looking forward to reading more of these interviews.

Hello again, taffers. For this Friday's episode, I am pleased to present you an interview with Froghemoth - the author of an oldschool TG mission Condemned Catalogue. Among other things, Froghemoth provides us with some interesting insights about his upcoming FM project.

Here is the link to the interview:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/news/1/64...urreal-picture

Greetings! Today, I am delighted to share with you guys an interview with Snake - the author of recently published TG daylight mission "A Thief's Training":

FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #3 - Snake

Hello everyone. In today's episode, I am talking with Swiz, the author of two oldschool missions Mother Redcaps' Last Request (TDP; 2018) and Rockpool (TMA; 2023):

FM AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT #4 - Swiz

can you convert the interviews into voice, for example your voice can be a keeper/etc and each person being interviewed can pick what voice thief 1/g/2/3 character to sound like on reply's to your questions

i want to be immersed a bit more then just reading text

i think it would be a very nice experience

New episode with Pookaball, the author of "Nightwalk", a TG mission produced for One Million Units Contest:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/news/1/65...with-pookaball

In today's episode, I am talking to JarlFrank, the author of missions such as The New Sheriff, Tower of Jorge, and Shoes & Dresses. He is also the co-author of In & Out, a mission produced for TDP 20th Anniversary Contest:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/news/1/65...with-jarlfrank

This Friday, I am interviewing StinkyKitty, an author known for his handful of impressive TDP missions taking place in atmospheric environments such as abandoned ruins, deep catacombs, or remote strongholds.
    https://www.thiefguild.com/news/1/65...th-stinkykitty

Today I have the pleasure of presenting an interview with Random_Taffer - a not so random, but rather prolific and beloved fan mission author. Follow the link below for a deep dive into Random_Taffer's past and upcoming creations, including some new insights about The Broken Goddess:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/news/1/66...all-and-beyond

Really cool interviews, Nice work. Keep it up

In today's episode, we are talking to Squadafroinx, one of the most original authors from our community. Squadafroinx's solo debut in 2016 was Watery Grave, a cramped city miniature oozing with great atmosphere and compelling story. However, he is probably best known for his collaborations with Schlock that resulted in Into the Odd and Alcazar, which are both among the highest rated missions on Thief Guild. In this exclusive interview, Squadafroinx shares with us some insights on the sources of his inspiration, approach to working in DromEd, and most importantly - reveals information on a mysterious project that he is currently working on.

https://www.thiefguild.com/news/1/66...f-squadafroinx

I have played three of the four missions with Squadafroin/Squadafroinx participation listed on Thief Guild, and so far all of them have been a 10/10 for me. Interesting to read there is no elaborate planning, just rushing into DromEd to get rid of the feeling of working in an empty void first, and then trying to build interesting locations organically.