TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thief 1 FM - Coveted Formulae - 09 May 2024

Marbrien, you may want to try this; do a new install into a new folder “c:\games\T1_New” or something like that. Then point your loader to that folder instead of your original install. I have 2 installs of both TG and T2 on my system. One of each is “vanilla” or unpatched and the other are modified. I usually use the modded ones for most FMs, but if an FM calls for no mods, I use the “clean” installs. I erase and reinstall the clean ones every few new plays just to keep them unmolested. Seems to work for me, but I do run into an FM or 2 from time to time that requires some extra shite. One released a few months ago gave me some trouble and I had to add a new script file that was not present in my fresh/clean install. It seems like T1/TG FM have more issues than T2. That leads one down the old rabbit hole of why FM creators have such a chubby for T1 and its textures. To each his own. Best of luck with getting this FM to work. It’s short, but fun.

Nice little mission - although I didn't manage to finish (3 short on loot).Couldn't find the ring .I was intrigued by the author's comment about the area where the statue had been moved from, but I could discern no difference in sound .

A: The sound was really weird in some places, no doubt due to the rooms being really dense. I'm probably not making any more super dense FMs very soon, so rooming should be easier.

B: Thank you. I'd say it took around 3 months of on-and-off work, though my rate of working accelerated as I got better. I could probably make something like this in a little over a month with my current skills

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    I already have legit copies of T1 and TG. [...]

I was hoping that simply by copying a certain file or folder from location X to location Y I might prevent this issue from happening again, but I need someone to give me a steer!
    In theory, you're right - copying the fam.crf file from a TG install over the fam.crf of a T1 install should do the trick (for textures, at least). In reality, though, things are more complicated. I do not know whether the fam.crf of a TG install just contains the T1 textures plus any additional textures from a TG install, or whether something else differs as well. And apart from that, I also find two different fam.crf files in my TG install - one in the RES folder and one in PATCHES. Currently, I have no time to do more research on this, unfortunately.

I already have legit copies of T1 and TG. But at the time the whatever TG fix became available via these forums, I think I only had T1 installed, so used that fix rather than install TG as well. And besides, as has already been pointed out, this was billed as a T1 FM.

As far as I recall, this is the first time I have had this issue with either a T1 or TG FM.

I was hoping that simply by copying a certain file or folder from location X to location Y I might prevent this issue from happening again, but I need someone to give me a steer!
    You open (uncompress) fam.crf with winrar or even 7zip I think.
    CRF files are just zipped files with that crf extension that can be opened with winrar and 7-zip.
    Once you open yor fam.crf file you´ll see all the subfolders that are there, the so called family textures (ancient, basement, catacomb, core etc).
    You just have to add the folder tgtest to your fam folder by dragging it into the uncompressed fam.crf and it will automatically add the folder and then just exit out of you winrar or 7zip app.

Quote Originally Posted by StandAndDeliver View Post
    A: The sound was really weird in some places, no doubt due to the rooms being really dense. I'm probably not making any more super dense FMs very soon, so rooming should be easier.

B: Thank you. I'd say it took around 3 months of on-and-off work, though my rate of working accelerated as I got better. I could probably make something like this in a little over a month with my current skills

Well, I think you did a great job for your first mission. Appreciate the work and time spent (wish I had the time to teach myself Dromed). Look forward to your next one...

I already have legit copies of T1 and TG. But at the time the whatever TG fix became available via these forums, I think I only had T1 installed, so used that fix rather than install TG as well. And besides, as has already been pointed out, this was billed as a T1 FM.
    This is a TG mission, regardless of billing. It would be massively simpler to install TG and run the mission through that.

Marbrien, there are only a few missions that require textures from tgtest.

What you can do is go to your Coveted Formulae folder and there you create a folder called fam and you put tgtest folder inside.

You listen very closely, stand inside the statue's original area and wait for one of the quieter ambient wind sounds. You'll hear m07organ, aka the Keeper organ. I tested it to make it as quiet as possible and still hear it - but I should have considered that headphone differences could impact that and made its volume slightly higher.

hello, not quite sure if it was just me , but i found an odd bug near elevator section. In this video, you can see the hammerite guards lifted up when stepping on the bottom elevator shaft:

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Added release date to the thread title so nobody gets fooled a year from now when the thread gets necro'd and we see "New FM" in the title.

I can't run this mission, when i launch thief 1 it crashes down back to desktop.

Very nice little mission, I enjoyed it alot! Found 672/841 loot including the ring in the sewers but have no idea where the rest of it was.
    I also had the problem with the missing sounds and the hammerite door blocking the hallway but other than that it was a pretty great mission

Ok, so I was able to fix some of the mission files and run it. Finished the mission in 8 minutes, nice little experience. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Ok, so I was able to fix some of the mission files and run it.
    Which files did you fix? Could be interesting for a fixed version of the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1
    Found 672/841 loot including the ring in the sewers but have no idea where the rest of it was.
    I stole it before you got there.

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Which files did you fix? Could be interesting for a fixed version of the mission.
    I only deleted the cam.file that had nothing within, I also changed the startmis.sav file to starmis.gam, also I added a file "cam" with some entries, here's the mission zip modified that runs well for me :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oi6...ew?usp=sharing

wtf lmao, I don't think NPCs are supposed to go near elevators. I'll make sure to keep them away from elevators in my next missions, per OSHA regulations. I'll test Cardia's fixes, and if it runs fine for me I'll see what I can do to get it updated on downloads

My interview with the author of the mission, StandAndDeliver:

https://www.thiefguild.com/news/1/68...-foundry-heist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12