TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Thief: Deadly Shadows 20th Anniversary Contest - May 25, 2024

Announcing Thief: Deadly Shadows 20th Anniversary Contest - May 25, 2024

May 25th, 2004 marks the 20th anniversary of Thief: Deadly Shadows’s release (in North America). Garrett returned to his life of crime after the Mechanists' downfall and was thrown into a cryptic conspiracy on this day twenty years ago.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release, a contest was held here on TTLG where Fan Mission builders had one year to build one or more missions in the style of the original game. We have received a total of 4 missions, including one for Deadly Shadows.

You can download each mission below:

A Shadow on the Water by nicked
    Mysteries of Tolham by Lord Taffer
    One Man's Trash by Hanover Aldercash
    Wolfenstein by Adsk1

Before playing these missions, please take the following into account:

• It is best if you use AngelLoader to play since it automatically recognizes which FM is made for which game.
    • It is highly recommended you disable all the optional features it contains (e.g. T2 textures, T2 skies and so on).
    • It is highly recommended you do not use the Enhancement Pack and/or HD texture packs either.

Seeing as this is a contest, you taffers get to vote for your favorite mission. The voting period will start on June 2nd 2024 and end on September 1st 2024. Mission voting is presented as 3 categories worth 10 points each — Atmosphere, Gameplay and Story, or a general score of 30 without categories. Voters can choose either system to score missions. Be advised that judges may deduct up to 5 points per submission if contest rules were broken. You can vote here: https://www.ttlg.com/polls/TDS20thAnniversary

You can view the original thread announcing the contest one year ago HERE.

In most cases, the anonymous authors’ identities will be unveiled after the voting period ends and voters’ comments will be posted for every mission. The author whose mission received the best score shall obtain the prestigious title of Master Builder 2024 and everyone shall bow down to them (unless you’re a Pagan, in which case you may throw rotten apples at them).

Thanks to the contestants and have fun!
    Last edited by skacky; 2nd Jun 2024 at 06:04.

Awesome! Congrats to all the authors for the releases. Cool that we got all 3 games represented in the submissions. I was hoping we'd get at last one Dark Mod mission also.

congrats to everyone on their releases! TDS mission really is a surprise, but it has place to be rightfully so

Congrats to all the authors.

I also highly recommend the only T3 mission 'Wolfenstein' by Adsk, it's an excellent mission with a great plot as anyone familiar with Adsk's work would expect, so yes time to re-install T3 if you haven't already done so.

Congrats on the release, Will be playing them soon!

Four new missions... It's going to be a feast.

downloading 3/4 i don't got thief 3 installed, but i am asking someone to make a YouTube playthrough so i can please see mission

It would be nice if each mission is named to a particular game type (TDP, TMA, TDS), don't know for wich game is each one.

It says which game in the individual mission threads.

TG Mysteries of Tolham
    T2 A Shadow on the Water
    T2 One Man's Trash
    T3 Wolfenstein by Adsk1

Oh, didn't notice that.

Thanks fortuni.

Enviado desde mi M2012K11AG mediante Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Awesome! Congrats to all the authors for the releases. Cool that we got all 3 games represented in the submissions. I was hoping we'd get at last one Dark Mod mission also.
    The contest announce opening post had this statement
    Note that TDM entries are forbidden to use this as per TDM rules.
    Best thief 2014 review : "Thiaf (2014) - this game wouldn't be worth your money even if it shipped with a brewery and a brothel."

Quote Originally Posted by caqo View Post
    It would be nice if each mission is named to a particular game type (TDP, TMA, TDS), don't know for wich game is each one.
    Just use AngelLoader - it will launch the correct exe.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhern View Post
    The contest announce opening post had this statement
    This was only for very specific resources. TDM entries were allowed.

I wonder how many potential TDM authors saw the licensing restrictions and just went "meh"

I appreciate the long voting period. I've got too much going on to play these missions right now, but having the voting period open through summer to September should give me more than enough time to play and vote.

Just use AngelLoader - it will launch the correct exe.
    Yes, but i have my own structure to store the missions, one folder per each mission type.

I wonder how many potential TDM authors saw the licensing restrictions and just went "meh"
    You don't really work with TDM without getting used to being careful with that sort of thing.

While it is still coming I am very bummed my mission did not make the deadline for the contest. For now I am excited to play these four!

I recently registered for TTLG finally after getting into thief back in 2020, so I'm super excited to finally get to play these, since this is the first contest I get to witness happening live. Seriously love the fan missions you guys have put out in the past.

Woohoo, I shall get downloading!

Can contest entrants release bugfixes during the voting period?

There are two bugs I consider gamebreaking, both of which were easily fixed. If there is no precedent for post-deadline bugfixes, I am tempted to pull my mission from the contest.
    Last edited by Hanover Aldercash; 27th May 2024 at 21:05.

Quote Originally Posted by wellingtoncrab View Post
    You don't really work with TDM without getting used to being careful with that sort of thing.

While it is still coming I am very bummed my mission did not make the deadline for the contest. For now I am excited to play these four!
    While it's bad news you didn't make the deadline it's awesome that you have a mission in the pipeline. Look forward to trying it out.
    Best thief 2014 review : "Thiaf (2014) - this game wouldn't be worth your money even if it shipped with a brewery and a brothel."

Quote Originally Posted by caqo View Post
    Yes, but i have my own structure to store the missions, one folder per each mission type.

I did the same with for my T1/T2/SS2/TDM types and AngelLoader monitors my sorted FM locations just fine.

I don't have any of the platforms installed right now. Are there any preview screen shots?

Awesome, super looking forward to this missions! I also appreciate the very long voting time, because currently Im still catching up on the other missions released in the past months.

I have to apologize in advance if I wont be able to vote for the only T3 mission. Deadly shadows is obviously under my three favourite games, but I still didnt manage to play any fanmission from it.
    But I say a big thank you very much to the author, because what would a TDS contest be without at least one mission from it? <3

Yall should play the following thief 3 fms: Cabal Furious Flames 1 - Shadows of death by savar
    Those are the currently the kings of the thief 3 fan mission scene, with a large gap to fill.

I can only recommend it, since it appears to me that people are not giving thief 3 the love it deserves!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast