TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TDS20AC Mission — A Shadow on the Water (05/25/2024)

This is an excellent FM, and a very impressive recreation of TDS within T2.

Did anyone find a use for the frobbable hat on the hatstand in the main entrance hall?

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    Did anyone find a use for the frobbable hat on the hatstand in the main entrance hall?
    It's just a bug - fixed in 1.1

This was a lot of fun, and the atmosphere was fantastic.

If I had one suggestion, it might have been cool to have a coda that reflected how you handled the book.

Nice little mission.
    Finished with all secrets and just 25 short on loot. Probably in the basement..
    I would have liked time to be able to explore that area without having to charge about at top speed!
    One little criticism - I wish I'd known, before picking up the compendium, that I couldn't drop it again.

Oh, and at the end, Basso assisted my escape by rowing through the house!
    Last edited by frobbin hood; 2nd Jun 2024 at 13:04.

Very cool mission, well done, especially the weather effects and windows. They gave me this cosy feeling inside when there is a thunderstorm. Loved it.

The thing in the basement was truly freaky. Honestly I just turned off the sound and ran... I made it through the first time, and I think I even bumped into it. Not sure if it's there to just scare you, or if it's actually dangerous, but it didn't hit me

Maybe a very tiny nitpick, I thought the sound reverb on the ground floor was a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by weylfar View Post
    I can't find the at the suitcase stack with the firewood logs on top.. Is it in the room with the sun painting ?
    It's not one of the many paintings that hang on the walls, it's a different kind of painting. It took me actually over an hour to find the room, because I was so focused on the paintings on the walls. I could find two which had a clearly visible painted sun, but yeah, never the right room

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Oh, and at the end, Basso assisted my escape by rowing through the house!
    This should (hopefully!) also be fixed in the patched version.

I'm probably facing a bug, my last goal left to complete the mission "return to Basso's boat" is not ticking off

See above - fixed in patched version. You won't miss anything by Ctrl+Shift+Ending if you've reached the boat and all the other objectives are ticked off though.

Thank you,

I loved this mission, for me it was the best of this Thief 3 competition, it was the one that best conveyed the spirit of that game. The mansion is very well built, I love the little details that make the decoration and architecture of the mansion very rich and beautiful. Perfect choice of textures, with a good variety, and all the spaces are well-filled and well-decorated with objects that go well with the mansion. The story behind the water issue is very interesting!
    I loved playing this high quality mission. Well done for this job Nicked !

I've looked around the second floor statue but haven't found anything

Does that become relevant later on? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    I've looked around the second floor statue but haven't found anything

Does that become relevant later on? Or am I missing something?
    Just a secret. Look for a switch nearby.

Great mission - from what Iīve seen so far my favourite the best of the contest. It feels like "Thief 2,5" style...so to say .
    Well designed and the size is also right - not too big, not too small.
    Finished it on Expert after about 1,5h with 3800 loot, and did both possible endings.
    So, nicked, please continue the good work.

Only one question remains, maybe I just picked it up already, or I havenīt found it yet...where is the rare book on the top shelves? I only found one that lies right above the ladder, but this has a different title and canīt be picked up.

Nicked simply never ceases to amaze. This mission is a true masterpiece that conveys fear, horror and TDS atmosphere genuinely. A nice mansion level with cool weather effects and an interesting story. What else could you ask for?
    Thanks, nicked!

Another enjoyable mission from nicked! This fm was absolutely TDS style and I loved the menu appearance and the music. I was stuck for a moment or two when trying to find the painted sun and the lock next to it. The masked priest and the readables in his room were probably my favourite parts in the mission.

Very atmospheric level - enjoyed it very much!
    Firstly, I liked the way we start and end the level - reminded me a bit of Dishonored and also felt refreshing for Thief level.
    I've also enjoyed a lighting mechanic that lights up part of the levels some period of time - was fun being spotted because I forgot about it a few times!
    What I've also liked is a choice in the end of the level, felt interesting to make a decision and I wish we will see some results of it in future levels maybe

Also have small caveat - I couldn't find the entrance for some time, but it was probably because I played level in two sittings and forgot part of the info from audio.

But overall very good mission, I liked the contrast between more or less easy upper area with simple guards and supernatural beast just under their feet! Great atmosphere!

The Dishonored vibes are very strong indeed - the entryway, but also the overall level layout and atmosphere reminded me of it.
    The way the mood of TDS has been transfered into T2, though, that is simply spectacular. The color palette, the sharp shadows, the sounds, even the way your objectives are structured - absolutely phenomenal job of fitting this one to the contest theme.

I had nothing but fun with this mission. Hard to find any serious shortcomings. It played really smooth for me, wasn't really a big challenge on expert but felt satisfying all the way. The story fit well, too, and developed continously until the punch at the end. Overall, a very, VERY strong entry. Congratulations, nicked.

Excellent mission, and strong TDS vibes here!

Brethren
    Great mission Nick, just oozing with TDS atmosphere. It's the first contest mission I played but difficult to believe it won't be the winner. I really enjoyed the story even though it was so familiar. Any chance we'll get a prequel showing us Morag's expedition to get the book? It's all I could think about when reading the captain's journal. Anyway, nice work as usual, really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Renault; 9th Jun 2024 at 22:02.

enjoyed this one very much!

I know this is a contest for Deadly Shadows but starting and ending the mission on the boat gave such nice Dishonored vibes. But it really does feel like it was plucked from a long lost version of Thief 3 in the Dark engine that we never got to see. It's kinda hard to believe NewDark can do some of these things. You really nailed the brief on this one.

I can't find the compendium

and on the roof terrace there is a room with two doors, but i can't open anyone

please help me

Level 10,000 achieved
    Man, this was great. nicked, awesome stuff, you keep doing stuff with T2 that I didn't even know was possible. Like the lightning, moving escape-point and the final baddie. Was that finale inspired the first Amnesia game btw?

Yes! Still the most memorable part of that game.

Just finished this T3 tribute and what a lovely little mansion it was. Initially I was blown away with the TDS texture pack and the overall look of the mansion but quickly forgot about the different textures and was just admiring the quality of the build, which says a lot about Nicked's mission building skills. Maybe others will also use the T3 texture pack in later FM's as it was really nice to see such a different looking mission (even if the texture are rather low res).

As for the mission itself it was rather simplistic in comparison to previous Nicked missions without a small army of custom AI's, so yes very different to the usual but beautiful made and I hugely enjoyed my time. Thanks Nick.

Stats: Loot 3992 Secrets 2 Special Loot Items 4 All goals completed including the alternative ending.

Okay, Iīm only 5 minutes ingame but had to come here to say how absolutely amazing this mission already is for me! I so love the tributes to TDS with the starting screen, how you are not allowed to fall in the water and the music and atmosphere of Widow Moiras mission (including the lightning that makes you visible in the dark). Simply Awesome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast