TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TDS20AC Mission — Mysteries of Tolham (05/25/2024)

At first the blue gems were just a decoration that shined light, but during beta testing it was suggested to change them so player can steal them, but obviously I forgot to make them loot. So, I think it is best if they are indeed loot, so dml would be a great option!

Downwinder, There are two pathways to Summerion's dagger area. One way is from Sir Darklon's quarters and another from Lost City area. Another tip is to look up to find a place to shoot a rope arrow, in either of the abovesaid places.

The skull in question must be Balkan's skull, the one that is needed for the brazier in the museum. So you must have found the skull and used it to proceed in the mission (difficulties: Hard, Expert).

Fans of Lord Taffer's mission will be pleased to know that I recently interviewed the author for the latest FM Author Spotlight episode. In the interview, Lord Taffer shares many fascinating details about the inspiration behind Tolham and reveals screenshots from his three upcoming fan mission projects.

Interview:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/news/1/67...veil-of-tolham

Lord Taffer's upcoming projects:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissio...6870&works=wip

This one was really excellent. I spent hours traversing the city and learning its secrets and only ever got a little frustrated looking for the bracelet - somehow I just looked right past the entrances to that part of the area the first dozen times.

But a fantastic mission with great mood and a bit of a different take on a city mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Taffer View Post
    At first the blue gems were just a decoration that shined light, but during beta testing it was suggested to change them so player can steal them, but obviously I forgot to make them loot. So, I think it is best if they are indeed loot, so dml would be a great option!
    Your objective has been completed, dml updated, also includes fix to make final goal irreversible.

need a bit more of a clue where in darklons place is it, pretty big down there and where is this lost city area, if you mean area in darklon where the gold transporting skeleton bone is? and where is darklons chambers?
    Last edited by downwinder; 7th Jun 2024 at 02:55.

Great, thanks fortuni!

Downwinder, here are some screenies. Look up to find a place to shoot a rope arrow, especially pics 1 and 3. Pics 2 and 3 are from the Lost City area in underground areas. Last two pics are from Lord Darklon's 'chambers'. There are access points to Lost City area from Sir D's chambers (through portcullis and narrow shafts) and from Sir D's lower rooms where two guards patrol (shoot rope arrow).

https://postimg.cc/gallery/qC4tLDD

i found all areas you pictured but still no luck on where to get final dagger, i did find the area with 3 boards and not sure where to open it, i seen someone else posted but i had no luck finding it
    Last edited by downwinder; 7th Jun 2024 at 19:02.

Wow that was a great mission! An amazing amount of exploration and verticality in not that big a map.

Got all the loot, finally! I was missing:
    - a gold goblet in the courtyard at Darklon's. This one is very tricky!
    - a small coin on a windowsill in one of the upper caves at Darklon's. This one is close to the sir's own chambers.

Downwinder, if you found the area with three boards, you are very close to Summerion's dagger. There are two pathways up here, so go to the centre room and look up and use a rope arrow. There's a hospitable buddy up there waiting!

The centre room between two pathways
    https://postimg.cc/18krjzGp

thank you so much i would have never seen that

Playing at Expert difficulty. I found all the items except the crimson stone.

Through climbing and jumping, I made it to the mage's tower, I blackjacked a mage, I climbed a circular staircase tower to a very high area and am confronted with a locked door I don't have a key to. My rope arrows don't work to go to the area above this door. I found some hidden treasure in this area, but I need to get the stone so I can finish this mission!

- prjames

Update: I figured it out on my own. Search much lower, near this tower, and the mage has a bedroom, including the oft-mentioned floating scroll. The key of interest is in this bedroom.
    Last edited by prjames; 9th Jun 2024 at 07:42. Reason: Solved it on my own

i had one trippy thing happen to me in mission, in darklons place a lantern was floating around but sometimes it would turn into a skeleton haunt if alerted then back to a floating lantern, very cool

cant wait to see your next mission, more traveling please

Lord Taffer, you certainly have a very complex brain/mind What a complicated map! I wonder how could you handle and track all these?!
    I'm really sweating this map, however I love that it's full of secrets and passages, which are my favourites!

I would like to ask for help with the museum:
    1. a door on an altar high above I have not been able to open yet,
    2. i don't know what to put into the candelabra by the gargoyle
    3. i can't find an elemental key anywhere

could anyone give me hints please?
    Thanks!

Cheela,

Hint These are all connected. So, in the museum main display room (biggest room), there is a corridor where two guards patrol. You can see a certain room from this corridor and an object there. You need to get into this room to proceed with all 1.-3. steps.
    Bigger hint There are see through grates in this corridor and you can see an important object in this room below you. Search the path to this room. Way in is close. Once you get this object you have something to put in that brazier in front of the gargoyle. Then step 3. is revealed.

Hope this helps, and ask for more tips if needed!

Hi there, great mission. I've done everything except get Summerion's dagger.. I can't find the centre room you've screenshotted, or the room with three boards. It seems like I've been all around the Lost City and Darklon's Chambers, but apparently not. Help please, with high gamma for a poor old lady's eyes

EDIT: Posting never fails. Found it

Can someone please tell me where the azure relic stone is? All objectives are completed except this one. I’ve been running around for hours with no luck.

Basso The Boxman, search the museum to find that last stone.

Hint I don't know if you already put something to that brazier in front of the big gargoyle and then you should be able to proceed.
    Bigger Hint You can see a room below you in the museum main display room's corridor where two guards patrol. There are two grates on the floor and you can see a certain object there, in the room below. Find a path to that room, entry point is quite close. This object, the gargoyle's brazier, and high altar on the main display room are the main things to get the azure stone. Now, you should be able to open the only locked door in the museum.

I've gone through much of Mr Z's mansion, and reached a broken bridge over lava with what looks like a safe embedded in it (this is just before an exit back out to the streets).
    is there something here I'm missing?

to open that floor safe, on one side of the edge by lava there is a switch in edge by bridge, don't get burned :P

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    to open that floor safe, on one side of the edge by lava there is a switch in edge by bridge, don't get burned :P
    I couldn't find anything, so I continued on.

After about 3hr30min on Expert I finished with only... half of the loot?! I did get the artifact of seasons but missed the bracelet and the daggers people mentioned.
    This one was so twisty, it messed with my brain! continuously branching tunnels that end up half the map away, or twist back but on another level... I had trouble remembering how to get basic places after being unable to play for a day. It is a remarkable feat of FM engineering!

MrMunkeepants: The switch to open that floorsafe is on the outside of the doorframe that exits the cave uphill.

before I dive back in I wanted to share an interesting view... can anyone guess where from?

there is a thin spot inside the museum vents just before dropping down into the lava hall that lets you see from a new perspective

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast