TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TDS20AC Mission ó Wolfenstein (05/25/2024)

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    This mission was originally intended as the bonus mission for Thiefís Rising 2, but due to a few issues Adsk decided to replace this mission with the shooting range bonus mission instead, he hoped to release this as a stand alone mission one day and the T3 anniversary seemed an ideal opportunity.
    I like the standalone release because Thief's Rising: Wolfenstein is a complete and enjoyable mission in its own right. It can reach a wider audience this way.

The Kitchen drawer key is used on the drawer under the beer key in the same room
    That is 300 loot I missed. Thank you!

The most underpaid and hazardous job ever....Water Works, Well Maintenance Division.
    No wonder no one ever changed that fuse

An Ok mission, until the end.
    Although I had some idea of what to do, I ran around for what seemed like hours and kept finding my progress reset randomly.
    This became tedious and I gave up.
    Oh well, I'm sure others had fun.

What do you mean by progress resetting?
    during the "boss fight"? I haven't yet been in that area. I am still contemplating whether I want to fight all the undead in the bottom of the well just to be able to fight the phantoms, the acolyte undead, the mighty sword and the almost invincible German with the tenter feet. If the progress is timed and I have to start over, please tell me because I have Lieutenant 3 on hold. Thank you in advance

The arena battle at the end is not that hard: Shoot one elemental arrow of each kind into the flames emanating from the four braziers. Make sure to hit each flame right when it matches that element's color, otherwise the sequence will reset. (Telling the green hues of moss and gas apart can be a little difficult.) Do it four times correctly to light up all four braziers. Then Heinrich will be struck by lightning. Now run up to him and use the Glyph Writer on the ground below him.

Quote Originally Posted by nightchild View Post
    What do you mean by progress resetting?
    during the "boss fight"? I haven't yet been in that area. I am still contemplating whether I want to fight all the undead in the bottom of the well just to be able to fight the phantoms, the acolyte undead, the mighty sword and the almost invincible German with the tenter feet. If the progress is timed and I have to start over, please tell me because I have Lieutenant 3 on hold. Thank you in advance
    Username is correct. If you mistime an arrow, the whole lot resets. It is incredibly hard to distinguish between gas and moss, especially as you are being chased and the sequence also speeds up .
    Have a go, but be prepared to give up before you throw your computer through the window!

The braziers also reset if one of the flying demons hit you, and no it doesn’t help by changing any of your settings via sneaky tweaks, Adsk thought of that in advance and set it so such things as your run speed factor and AI difficulty makes no difference, and I can’t remember but I don’t think you can quick save between each successful lit brazier.

Thank you Username, frobbin hood and fortuni!
    You all were very helpful.
    It is a nice mission, if you set aside the dizziness from the engine's body movement and the pathetic inability of mandling ( things I had forgotten, as I haven't played T3 for a very long time).
    That said, in the highest difficulty, I had enough, especially with the tombs objective that comes at the time that you have set your mind on the final obstacle and instead, it makes you struggle again and again, with all the traps and the undead surprises -which they were fine, but, personally, they made me get tired so, I really hope that the world as we know it won't be destroyed if I don't go to tickle the bad man's foot.

I can't run this mission, after the intro video, and once the loading screen reaches its end it crashes to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I can't run this mission, after the intro video, and once the loading screen reaches its end it crashes to desktop.
    Are you on Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.11?

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Are you on Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.11?
    I installed the new version and now the game runs well to me, thank you!

I donít think you can quick save between each successful lit brazier.
    I quick-saved after each successfully lit brazier. It made getting all four much easier.

lost at train station

I got a key from the break room and made it into a storage train... no idea what is in there to help me proceed , just found weapons...what am I missing, just found 2 keys so far?
    [UPDATE] nevermind... a certain door doesn't work until you read a note.
    Last edited by vincentlancon; 6th Jun 2024 at 22:46.

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    if possible can someone do a playthrough of this mission "youtube" so i can see it in full , thank you in advance
    It seems that your wish was granted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFl2tspmYcM

Great mission, but i'm stuck though,how do i get past that big pile of rubble? when you come out off the well? with the graves on each side with the ladders in the middle,i can see a door behind the rock....

Don’t know exactly what you mean, can you post a screenshot please.

Unless you mean at the bottom of the well in the crypt, there are 2 tunnels leading off from the bottom of the well, have you been down both tunnels?

Don’t know exactly what you mean, can you post a screenshot please.

Unless you mean at the bottom of the well in the crypt, there are 2 tunnels leading off from the bottom of the well, have you been down both tunnels?
    You're right, Oooops wrong tunnel i only saw onethanksnow off to the big Boss

Nice mission!
    It was fun playing the mission and I enjoyed the lore and the interconnected aspect of the level where you gradually explore the whole village and it's secrets.
    I liked the village design and the secrets that are placed around the level in addition I also liked that most of the secrets had some interesting narrative.
    Visuals and the whole atmosphere of the level are really great, it was nice just walking through it.

I had troubles with some of the aspects of the level (didn't play main thief 3 campaign, might have troubles because of it):
    - Most of the level I think requires stunning enemies (because of really tight spots) but that might be a my skill issue
    - Some sections require a lot of save scumming (like the entrance to the restricted area of train station or jump throw the balcony)

But overall I enjoyed the mission and I am looking forward to playing the main campaign from the author!

I need some help. I cannot find the info on where the ritual is being held. I got everything else. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Basso The Boxman View Post
    I need some help. I cannot find the info on where the ritual is being held. I got everything else. Can someone guide me in the right direction?
    It's one of the scrolls in one of the apartments in Puttkamer, I assume you have access to that building, as that door opens when you complete the objective to 'find out how to kill Heinrich'

Spoiler: On table by front door, flat 3.

@ Nick_UI
    Most of the mission is ghostable however the tavern is a rather tricky if you don't put out most of the wall torches, as for having to be very precise with some actions that's Adsk, he's rather fond of such mechanics.

It's one of the scrolls in one of the apartments in Puttkamer, I assume you have access to that building, as that door opens when you complete the objective to 'find out how to kill Heinrich'

Spoiler: On table by front door, flat 3.

@ Nick_UI
    Most of the mission is ghostable however the tavern is a rather tricky if you don't put out most of the wall torches, as for having to be very precise with some actions that's Adsk, he's rather fond of such mechanics.
    Damnit i didnít see it cause I put out the torches! Lol. Thanks!

this is my first time with fanmission in tds so it will be very newbie question but how does lockpicking works for this fm?

I use the rule of tds by pressing wsad and I noticed in at least two doors I need to press two keys (like d and w) to get progress, but I'm stuck with doors where pressing even three keys doesn't work, and pressing all four 'jams' the lock. I'm not sure if I'm doing something very wrong or it is intentional and I'm not aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by wycha View Post
    how does lockpicking works for this fm?
    Keep an eye on the circular sign at the bottom right hand corner and move you mouse in a circular motion to find the largest gap, then left or right click to force that barrel, repeat until all barrels are open.

Video

Oh yeah, the default sneaky upgrade mods changes a lot so I hastily removed them. After re-installation and quick glance, well that's what I have available right now during the lockpicking.

Most of the doors are fine, so far I noticed 3 doors that I couldn't handle.
    Last edited by wycha; 22nd Jun 2024 at 14:24. Reason: changing option from showing an image to link to the image

You can still unpick these locks, move the curser around with your mouse and listen carefully, when the sound of the barrel changes right click (or left click I'm left handed to have changed my mouse settings) and the barrel will be released. Bit of practice and it becomes second nature.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast