TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New T2 Mission Haunt (06/20/2024)

Is it in the normal world or in that misty, terrifying, alternate world? And I have broken all the mirrors so I sure hope not.

Edit: I found it. I had been in that area so many times but just missed such a tiny book. A great mission. I enjoyed it. Well maybe not the Haunts in the Mist.
    Last edited by littlek; 21st Jun 2024 at 21:31.

I've managed to open the shutters in between the 2 buttons on the top floor by randomly hitting the buttons, have done this in both the real world and the mirror world, but as far as I can work out there is no pattern to the sequence of which buttons, but there must be, but I haven't found any clue in the mission to explain how to open these shutters, what am I missing?

Edit: Ok there is a pattern but where is the hint for this code?

btw Was this mission originally intended for the TDS anniversary contest, guess it was with the T3 textures.

Edit: Have finished and had great fun with this one although the 2 puzzles confused me initially they are very well done.
    Last edited by fortuni; 22nd Jun 2024 at 03:05.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    btw Was this mission originally intended for the TDS anniversary contest
    I would say it was inspired by the TDS anniversary contest but was never planned as a serious entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    New T2 Mission Haunt (06/20/2024)

Just in time for the longest day of the year, a small mission for Thief2.

An abandoned manor, long since fallen into disrepair, and once the home of a wealthy Hammer. Locals claim that the manor is haunted, and that no sane man would go there.
    Haunted? Can't be worse than the Bonehoard. Plus, a manor that scares everyone away is likely to still have a considerable amount of loot waiting to be found.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fkD...ew?usp=sharing

Enjoy.
    Where you live maybe. Sounds like the perfect mission for the long nights in the antipodes.

I'm playing on Expert. Like Fortuni, I haven't found a hint in game as to how to use the two buttons on the top floor of both the real mansion and the spirit mansion, and I also haven't managed to do anything with either pair. Can someone help please?

@ Marbrien
    Seeing Balboa did not comment about my similar query I'm guessing he would rather the solution to this puzzle remain undisclosed for now. I'll PM you the solution as it may help you work out what the hint hidden somewhere in the map is, if you do think it would be ok to post that on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    @ Marbrien
    Seeing Balboa did not comment about my similar query I'm guessing he would rather the solution to this puzzle remain undisclosed for now. I'll PM you the solution as it may help you work out what the hint hidden somewhere in the map is, if you do think it would be ok to post that on the forum.
    I'm not that stingy. There is a clue, somewhere else in the manor. Where you might expect to find notations.

i can help with 2 buttons on top floor i brute forced it only thing i remember the last 3 button presses were on the left button, also so you know its just 3 pieces of loot a bowl and 2 candle sticks i think

"2 buttons on top floor" hint: search in the library room

That was a tough puzzle. No clues how to solve it. There is another set in the mirror world but no need to go there. Somehow managed to open the door to the crypt and obtain the hammer in the chapel by using various combinations perhaps green red blue and purple except yellow and grey since those colors did not show on the alter in the chapel above.
    Last edited by onetruekeeper; 25th Jun 2024 at 02:09.

onetruekeeper, check out post #17 in this thread, that should do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    onetruekeeper, check out post #17 in this thread, that should do it.
    Thanks but I solved the puzzle without going into the mirror world.

Congrats on the new release Balboa!

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i can help vincentlancon when you go to chapel in normal world there are 4 colors under the safe, now when you go back to the mirror world you put in that combo in grey combo pad, but be sure to do it reversed as the world are flipped, then you will hear a sound if correct, then go back to normal chapel get hammer finish final objective, be sure to go back to get sword when you leave house to finish mission :P
    I noticed that the safe door opens with the hinges on the right side of the safe in the mirror world, but in the normal world the door also hinges on the right side of the safe. I wonder if that was an oversight or is there any significance?

Great Balboa!

One of my favourite types of mission, with a great creepy atmosphere.
    Solved the puzzles without any probs and enjoyed the two separate challenges.
    Stacks of loot short though. Wonder if there was a big stash I missed?
    The only things I thought could have been improved were
    1 The teleports were a little disorientating.
    2. Didn't quite see the point of 'You forgot your sword, Taffer', as all jeopardy had passed by then. Maybe that could have been another challenge?

All in all, though, one I shall play again. Thanks for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I wonder if that was an oversight or is there any significance?
    That was, indeed, an oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Great Balboa!

One of my favourite types of mission, with a great creepy atmosphere.
    Solved the puzzles without any probs and enjoyed the two separate challenges.
    Stacks of loot short though. Wonder if there was a big stash I missed?
    The only things I thought could have been improved were
    1 The teleports were a little disorientating.
    2. Didn't quite see the point of 'You forgot your sword, Taffer', as all jeopardy had passed by then. Maybe that could have been another challenge?

All in all, though, one I shall play again. Thanks for your hard work.
    Almost all of the loot was in obvious places in the mirror manor. The rest was scattered about in an obviously ransacked house.
    1. The mirror teleports were intended to be no more disorienting than stepping through an open mirror frame. The teleports into and out of the manor itself were much more seamless.
    2. Come on. How many taffers escaped without picking up their sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
    2. Come on. How many taffers escaped without picking up their sword?
    Agree Balboa - I was one!!!
    But it was too easy to get it back.

thanks to the folks here for providing clues, and of course to Balboa for making this very creepy mission! I missed about 400g, but I'm not going back in for it!
    I am curious if the self-opening and closing doors aligned to where the Haunt spirit of the corrupted brother was in the mirror world? or if they were just for ambiance?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I am curious
    All the doors were linked, so when a door opened in the manor, it opened because a haunt opened that door in the mirror world. And it added a lot to the ambiance.

Nice short mission. The atmosphere is nice. The idea of two worlds is really great and the puzzles are good.

Come on. How many taffers escaped without picking up their sword?
    Me... I laughed when I saw the objective

Fun mission, thanks!

Interesting mission with quite unusual objectives! There was nice tension in the 'shadow world'. I looked for help for solving the hammer puzzle. At first, I didn't notice those colors in the chapel, but after seeing them it was straightforward. Overall, a nice mission and it kinda reminded me a bit of some older FMs which was nice! I think, there must have been multiple 'secrets' as I missed quite a lot of loot. Taff it, I did too escape without my precious sword!

That was a fun, spooky mission, and very clever! I particularly liked the mirror world and thought it was really unnerving how easy it was to get lost, even though the mansion is a fairly compact space. I am ashamed to admit I was stumped at several points, even though I played it on "easy." Oh well, I managed in the end.
    Great job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12