TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "BLOODSPORT" officially released! (Feb 20, 2001)

Okie doke, small update:

I got the Liege, but haven't been able to explore the upper level of the house so I still need to know about the mech beast/servant if anyone has the answer

NEW QUESTION:

I dropped His Nibs in the center of the Arena. Tick off old objective, new one arrives about triggering levers and such. BUT! I can't get out of the arena! And the first time I attempt to jump up a wall, His Nibs wakes up! If I enter the arena before dropping the Liege, I'm able to mantle the walls just fine. It's later that I'm in trouble.

Is this deliberate?!

LATER UPDATE:
    Well, now, d'oh. I found the levers:

spoiler:
    Pulled the one that opens the mains doors, and this time went out that way after dropping the Liege.

New (and hopefully last!) question:

spoiler:
    After running back up and using the levers/buttons to get the opponents, only the quite impressive blue creature came up on the left. The right elevator was empty. No fighting, either. Is there way to get things going, perchance?

Thanks for any help!
    -M
    Last edited by Melissa; 11th Aug 2002 at 06:12.
    Your mileage may vary

Melissa: I had the same problem with the right elevator... but if I lowered it again, waited a moment, and raised it, that would generally get the other creature to come up.

As for the mechanical servant, I just lured out of the house and ran around in the dark alleys until it went into search mode... then I went back to loot. Mines might also work, though I didn't try them - there's one in the room with the camera, and several in one of the boxes in the storeroom.

Bloodsport - Expert

I read a previous thread on this level, but it didn't answer to my many questions.

First off, Bloodsport can be very difficult if you don't follow the right path. I spent 80% of this level without a Blackjack or Sword, where, if I knew what I was doing, I could have gotten those items really early on. But that's ok. This is just a warning to those who haven't done the level yet.

The biggest problem was in fact mentioned before, but I'll bring it up again. When I place the Grand Liege in the arena, the objective pops up alright, but a follow-up objective doesn't. Unless I'm reading things wrong, I'm supposed to trigger an elevator to surface into the arena. Well, if the objective doesn't trigger, neither will the elevator.

Second, and this is embarrassing, out of 10 secrets, I only got 2 registered, 3 if you count a secret that I somehow triggered through a wall, but didn't receive anything. This was in Grand Liege's house, under the stairs. Now there are lots of secrets I "think" I came across, but didn't know how to trigger or where to look. One was in the freezer. I think it leads to that secret passageway that leads to the sewers. If right, there is a zombie on the other side waiting. I got him from behind earlier. But how do you open this door? to trigger the secret.

Another thing is a wall torch in one of the barricks which moves, but doesn't open anything, at least not close by. I frobbed it constantly and listened for something opening, but I heard nothing, and didn't know where to look. And, yes, I immediately went to the freezer room to see if THAT was the trigger.

The Burrick key....so what? It doesn't lead anywhere or count as a secret, once you find the gate it opens.

These are just the immediate questions. I don't want this mesage to get any longer, so I'll defer the other questions till later.

The objective change at the end is buggy and quite often doesn't work. In the numerous times I have played this, I've only gotten it once and then I had to reload and it wouldn't trigger again! You can still finish the mission without it.

There's a secrets list posted here , if you want to check the one's out that you missed.

The wall torch does nothing. It was left like that by accident.

The Burrick key and the gate it opens are only to finish the mission. If you go in there before you are done the rest of the objectives, it can be confusing, because, as you say, there's nothing there!

Don't forget the "Fun with Explosives" part of this mission!

Don't forget the "Fun with Explosives" part of this mission!..........ND
    Oh yes do NOT forget that. I spent the good part of 2 hours yesterday doing just that.

I just love jailbreak missions.

I really like picking the arrows off those four archers that are patroling above the grassy combat area. Then blackjacking each in turn. Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel.

Thanks for the secrets page Nightwalker, and thanks for answering one of the questions I left for later, that is where do you exit !! LOL

Norman : I already went through the explosive section, and yes it was fun

Slyfox : Getting arrows from bodies stitched to the wall was hilarious as well.

Well, I'm finished, thanks to the secrets page by Nightwalker. Everything makes sense now

One correction : Secret #9 refers to Secret#7, which should instead refer to Secret#8.

I sure wish I could have witnessed the arena event though. Maybe I'll do this again some day.

Darn! I thought I checked that over carefully before I sent it in and I still missed seeing that. I'll try to remember to send in a correction. Thanks for mentioning it, Clock!

The area of ground in which the take-liege-to-arena objective will be fulfilled doesn't match up with the area in which the kill-liege-horribly objective will appear. Pick the guy up and carry him around in the middle of the arena for awhile... this always managed to trigger it for me.

Well, that sounds interesting. I'll try that. Thanks Anarchic Fox.

Yes, that did work. If you walk around the arena carrying the Grand Liege, eventually the new objective triggers.

Also, the second elevator, even though nothing is seen to come up, does contain a spectre / haunt, and guard. They appear if/when you jump down into the arena.

Thus endith this FM.

Store room

Hi guys.Im new here.
    Anyway...where is the store room?!Thats all i have to find to finish the mission
    Thanks

Welcome to the forum, NightDreamer!

There's a hallway with "elemental" rooms opening off of it (the one with the room with the watery doorway, etc). That is also the same hallway where you found your blackjack. The store room is on this hallway. It has a lockbox beside it on the wall and you need a key for that, plus a second key for a grate inside.

Hi again

Thanks Nightwalker.
    Unfortunately ive got 6 different keys and i cant open it!I use them on the lock but nothing happens(no sound either)
    Where is the key?

I'm not sure which key came from where! There is a guard that patrols through the prison cell area and then through a door down to the cells with the creatures in them. He is wearing the key to the lockbox for the storeroom door and it's easy to miss, because sometimes he gets stuck in the hallway down there and doesn't come back to the cell area.

The second key is a reddish gold colour, but I don't remember where I picked it up! It opens the inner gate. Let me know if you're missing this one, too and I'll find out where I got it.

Hi Nightwalker.
    I already have this key that you have mentioned(near the cell).
    Im totally lost.I believe i have used all keys on the lock but nothing happens...
    Any further help?

There are two keys available in that area. One guard wears a silverish one that unlocks the cell doors, the other guard, who wears one of those spiffy green tunics, wears a light gold key. He patrols down the hallway where the beasts are imprisoned. That's the key you need. (I replayed that part of the mission and checked just to make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong.) You use the key on the lockbox on the right side of the store room door, then pull the lever on the left side. After the door opens, you need a reddish gold key to unlock the gates inside.

I'm just playing through this suberb FM on expert but the objectives are not ticking off regarding looting the store room and placing the head honcho in the centre of the arena. Is this me or the FM????

ie. has anyone else had similar problems???

The store room bug is, unfortunately, something that crops up once in awhile. I've only hit it once, even though I've played the mission a number of times.

I had trouble getting the other objective to tick off a couple of times too. I think I just had to keep picking him up and putting him down until I found the right spot.

Actually, you don't need to drop the Grand Leige in order to trigger the new objective. Just carry him around vaguely within the center section of the arena. Eventually the new objective triggers, then you can drop him and carry on, as it were.

As far as the storeroom is concerned, again it depends on how you go about clearing the room of loot. One of the boxes contain explosives. Smashing it open usually kills you. Once you determine which of the boxes is the explosive, pick it up and position it between the red barrels of TNT, and the super large crates in the other corner. Your goal is to shoot an arrow into the box of explosives, triggering an immense chain reaction destroying everything. The objective ticks off depending on how complete the destruction was. I waited till I got all the loot from the small boxes. The box of spiders was placed with the TNT in order to off them in the mega-explosion.
    Last edited by Clock; 24th Sep 2002 at 13:28.

Sometimes, no matter what you do, the objective for the storeroom will not tick off, even though everything is blown to bits. I don't think it makes any difference how you destroy it. I've done it by smashing most of the crates open to get the goodies, then blowing up the rest and by just blowing everything up with the explosives.

Finally got it sorted. I didn't realise you had to decimate the storeroom with explosives for a start and I errrr had the wrong guy down as the head honcho. Anyway, everything is ticked off now except the escape objective. How do I escape?

Have you found the water area below ground in the same area as the Grand Liege's house? You have to find the Burrick Gate Key, then go for a swim in the water and look for the gate it unlocks. Swim through and the mission ends. If you don't know where to get the key, it's in the same area. Let me know if you need details.

Help in bloodsport please?

Hey guys,

I need your help again. Im stuck in bloodsport. I have finished all objectives except for getting out. I have been everywhere. The only place I havent gotten is a store room which I opened the door and found a locked gate behind. I dont think its the way out though, but who knows. Can someone please tell me how to get out?

Thanks so much.

Sting

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast