TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Arboretum - SS2 Fan Mission - Released

Doc4

Arboretum - SS2 Fan Mission - Released

With a smile and a sigh of relief, I present to you my fan mission for System Shock 2.

It has taken a lot of time and energy on my part, and a great deal of support and patience from members of the Shock community.

Suggestion: Please go through the Arboretum.html file inside the Arboretum.zip to get some background on the level and its story before playing.

Request: Please give me your comments about this mission. What did you really not like about it? What was annoying? What worked well? What was it's best part? This feedback is vital for me to improve as a level designer and would be appreciated.

I have created a very simple website to get a rough idea of the download traffic since server bandwidth is at a premium....without further ado...

Arboretum

** this message shall be crossposted to the Shock and IG forums **

[This message has been edited by Doc4 (edited April 14, 2001).]

Keeper of Metal and Gold

If you get a chance in the future, I suggest you actually include a .txt file in the zip that tells folks to open the .html file, as most users will be first searching for a .txt file. I'll go ahead and put one in when I put it up at the Keep if you don't mind

------------------
    - The Keep of Metal and Gold - Fan Missions, Upcoming FM's, Screens, More! (old address)
    - April 11 - NEW HOME! New server, graphics, etc... "Inverted Manse" files, 6 upcoms!

This mission will be up at www.sshock2.com shortly

Wolfrinn

I really enjoyed Sshock 2 (not as much as the 1st one tho), but my brother took the cd with him when he moved up country.

After seeing your screens i want to play it so i guess i will have to wait until i can threa..persuade my bro to send it back or bring it with him on next visit.

Good job Doc
    (When i can sit down and say my FM is finished i will be a happy man!)

Wolfrinn

Doc4

Hopefully I do not look like too much of a punk, but I am desperately trying to get our little shock editing community (and quite honestly my level) some exposure.

Just got Rust, one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) editing site on the scene to post a blurb. http://www.gamedesign.net/

Who knew that their news coordinator Jherax was such a Shock fan.

Tom / Doc4

Salvage

The pics look really good, I gotta go home and install ss2 again

Excellent level Doc4.
    It is now up at The Cargo Bays

mr_luc

Nah, gj Doc. SS2 needs all of the exposure it can get. The possibilities for multiplayer maps using the Dark Engine really boggles my mind; for instance, I would love to see a Babylon 5 mission at some point.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I've played this mission and enjoyed it very much! The graphics and architecture were excellent, and it just seemed like another portion of the original game as far as quality goes.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS (not really I think, but read with caution)

I only used the wrench for the whole mission, which was fine. I didn't find all the secrets, but I found a couple of them, and was pleased to do so. I really like the shadows and lighting effects as well, and my favorite part was a certain unaccessible room that you can only peer into and see the destruction - a real earie spooky feeling there! Nice work!

------------------
    - The Keep of Metal and Gold - Fan Missions, Upcoming FM's, Screens, More! (old address)
    - April 11 - NEW HOME! New server, graphics, etc... "Inverted Manse" files, 6 upcoms!

[This message has been edited by Keeper of Metal and Gold (edited April 16, 2001).]

Salvage

Played it last night, it's really good. I'd say it was part of the game if I didn't know better.

And it was fun!