TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Cassandra Says: Introduce Yourself

Originally posted by Brem_X_Jones:
    It's not a graphics thing - it's a sensation thing.
    We agree.

(Graphics vs. Gameplay is old-thought now, to be honest. Hardcore games theorists have stepped past that simple dichotomy now.)
    We agree.

IW2's plot though...

*shudders*

KG
    We disagree.

There:

2"+"s and 1 "-"

This is the joy of forums in a nutshell.

---

]IMBO[OP

"I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad."

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: JimboCop ]

Well, well, well, if it isn't Jimbocop. So this is where you've been hiding yourself lately, eh? You should have known that you wouldn't get away that easily.

As for this I-War 2/FS2 thing, I'll just take a moment and say that I enjoy both games, but I-War 2's gameplay and story have me hooked, whereas FS2 gameplay is rather like a cheap thrill, and while the story isn't bad, it seems just like a backdrop. Ah well, enough of that.

I suppose that, getting back on topic, I am Hotfoot, age 19, a rogue and renegade voice actor/gamer from New Jersey. As for the rest, you will know when the time is right. At the moment, it is left, as am I.

*vanishes in a could of purple smoke*

-Hotfoot
    "Eat hot anti-neutrinos!"

Like fighting games or snooker, I-war only gets to be really fun once you can play it well enough to appreciate it fully.

When one is fully in practice at freespace/x-wing/tachyon et all, the gameplay basically devolves to:-

1:target fighter
    2:shoot fighter till it dies
    3:repeat

You enter a dream like state as your higher functions are no longer required to play the game. Often, I will find my eyes refocusing from thinking about my finances or if I have enough change to do my washing without getting some more to find my fighter floating alone in a sea of debris.

But in I-war, you have options. Every engagement requires your full concentration as you dodge missiles, reposition under LDS to even the odds then time you attacks so multiple missiles arrive on target simultaneously, or use any of the large number possible tactics availible to you.

Or maybe I'm just not fully up to speed on I-war yet. But if I'm not then its taken an awful lot longer with I-war than with those other, lesser, games.

I found I-war 2 to be less impressive as well, but please don't say it too loudly, or the nice people at Particle Systems won't get to make any more.

I should also like to mention one more thing that elevates I-War 2 into the realm of other such great games as Thief, Deus Ex, and many more.

What, you ask, could possibly make the game so great? Quite simply, the Longbow Upgrade!

And just for the heck of it, we have images of the Longbow Upgrade in action!

So, whaddya think of it now?

-Hotfoot
    "Whoa, dude, like, totally."

Originally posted by Hotfoot:
    Well, well, well, if it isn't Jimbocop. So this is where you've been hiding yourself lately, eh? You should have known that you wouldn't get away that easily.
    I get around...

[me hugs hotty]

---

]IMBO[OP

"On the other side of the screen it all looks so easy!"

Originally posted by Hotfoot:
    What, you ask, could possibly make the game so great? Quite simply, the Longbow Upgrade!
    NOOOOOO!!!!!

ps. If any of you think ships in IWar2 are small, wait till you see the Vorlon Planet Destroyer implemented....

I haven't played either of the I-War games so I can't srgue either way since my opinions are based on my knowledge and if I do not have knowledge of something then I do not have an opinion of it.

I like games...

*Goes out and buys I-War 2*

You impressionable boy, you.
    colcob
    The Narcissus Entity
    [!]

Originally posted by colcobb:
    You impressionable boy, you.
    Actually I couldn't resist - in PC World they have it with Outcast free!

Besides I've never enjoyed a game so much as X-Wing Alliance, and I'm trying to recapture the glory...

TheWatcher

Originally posted by Grey_Area:
    X-Wing Alliance, and I'm trying to recapture the glory...
    Without the interminable chatter I hope. That, more than anything, put me of XWA, I spent half the time shouting "WILL YOU SHUT THE F**K UP YOU BUNCH OF IRRITATING HALF-WITS!!!" Doesn't do much for the plot when you feel like sticking an axe in the heads of half of the cast..

Thread hijacked!

Sorry!

Someone, anyone, PLEASE introduce yourself!

---

]IMB0[0P

"If I had all the money I'd spent on drink... I'd spend it on drink!"

That would be my cue then...

I am Always_Black.

I was tired and a little inebriated when I washed up here. I have read a few of the threads and I have come to a terrible conclusion.

It started as a small thing. Just a little niggle at the back of my mind. As I read it grew. It developed into a furtive whisper that became more and more insistent until I could recognise it's tone as one of...mockery.

It haunted me, this idea until, for the sake of my own identity, I could deny its message no longer. I opened my mind to the persisting concept until, in a fit of pity it seems, I was allowed a full realisation. What it suggested was this:

Contrary to the belief of a lifetime I do not know everything.

In fact there was a dawning horror that, in fact, I may know very little.

Worse still, there is a faint odour, a whiff, if you will, that the things I thought I knew may, in fact, be erroneous.

A shock to my ego, indeed, so I will beg your indulgence for a while.
    I may lurk in the shadows, but I will learn.

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Always_Black ]

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: Always_Black ]
    I'm totally addicted to bass.

The sweet smell of someone who is ceasing to be a teenager.

I could spew something relative to that on a keystroke command...but who is to say it holds any veracity?

We are all teenagers from time to time.

-----
    Sometimes I wonder why our endocrine system has to be so complex. (Krycek)

Originally posted by Count Hans von Hekeldicht:
    The sweet smell of someone who is ceasing to be a teenager.
    Very true.

But at the same time, very sad.

I'm 29.

Now imagine my problem, a year ago I knew every answer to every question. Or if not I knew how to get it, nowadays I hardly remember my name and all wisdom that's left are the hollow echoes of former knowledge.
    But the waves are building again.

And whoes fault is it all? A womans.

Relax brother, she did you a favour.

Ignorance is power. Cognition without experience heightens your perception. An empty vessel has potential, a full one is just full.

All hail the original wide-eyed child.

[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: Always_Black ]

Originally posted by Always_Black:

Contrary to the belief of a lifetime I do not know everything.
    Of course you don't. You're not me.

Welcome, sire.

KG

Might as well. Then.

Have been silently watching (watching) this forum for some time.

So. I live in Brussels. Spend too much time on forums since they decided at work a high-speed connection might be useful for my work. It's not. I'm a paper-pusher in the Belgian Ministry of Public Health.

Am 28. Lived in Brussels on and off since 1990. Grew up in Dutch-speaking Flanders. Used to be something of a comics-artiste. Got published in Humo (Flanders' biggest weekly) for about a year at the young age of 18. The sweet smell of commercial success got replaced by the odour of stale beer afterwards. Main influences Reiser, Kamagurka and R.Crumb.

Spend a year and a half travelling in Asia in the mid-nineties, after some time working in factories. Got back. Tried comics again while barely surviving on dole-money. Gave up.

After a year-long fiasco involving alcohol, amphetamines and a black-hearted woman bought a PC, trying to return to the virtual (*cough*) world of my speccy/amiga memories.

Try to be impressed by immersive games.

Pretty sad on the whole then.

I think you've painted a bitter-sweet tableau. Cheer up, you're obviously destined for greatness.

This thread's been lost in the churn. I'm moving it back up so newcomers can say hello if they desire.

KG

Still Subjective

Hi. I'm Subjective Effect. I like the name. Multiple meanings. I recently got Deus Ex and love it so far so I came over to check out TCP.

I'm 26, a Medical student in London and into Thief big time. Still waiting for CoSaS and T2X too.

I'm a PCGamerUK reader and Brem X is, to me (and I'm not kissing ass, just stating the facts. If it wasn't him it's be someone else) the most French looking mofo in the mag (all he needs is a rollneck sweatshirt).

Oh, and someone who talks sense where games are involved.

Love TCP pages - the episodic nature is a great idea, for all the reasons on the site. I think that alot of my hopes for TCP are to do with Brem X being on the team. But thats MHO and not meant ot jput anyone else down, I'm sure you work together 'cause you feel the same about games.

Speaking of TCP - what about new stealth weapons? They're pretty poor in DX - only the baton is non-lethal non-ammo using. Also, I'd like a garott. And instant tranq darts/poison edged blades.

[quote]Originally posted by Subjective Effect:
    ...I'm 26, a Medical student in London and into Thief big time...

One of them bloody body-snatchers then, no doubt.

[me waves at Sub']

HELLO!

---

]IMB0[0P

"I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other."

[quote]Originally posted by Subjective Effect:
    I'm a PCGamerUK reader and Brem X is, to me (and I'm not kissing ass, just stating the facts. If it wasn't him it's be someone else) the most French looking mofo in the mag (all he needs is a rollneck sweatshirt).

This is the best reason I've ever heard for digging TCP, although Kieron is about as French as roast beef and Yorkshire pudding.

Ephemera. Is. All.

Today, anyway.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast