TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Stupid Newbie Question zone...

Despot

Stupid Newbie Question zone...

Okay, let's start one of these right off the bat...

Question #1: Why in the world doesn't the Add (fill solid) operation work?? It's not showing up in the 3d view...only a red wireframe. And then, just to be spiteful I guess, it works every once in a while. Help!

------------------
    Eschew obfuscation.

ex-cowboy

Answer #1: There are some tutorials for UnrealEd at http://unreal.gamedesign.net/
    The editor in the Deus Ex SDK doesn't seem to have been altered at all, so these should see you right.

------------------
    "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

[This message has been edited by ex-cowboy (edited September 22, 2000).]

Despot

Thanks for the link, cowboy, I couldn't find an answer to my question there...or the answers to the following questions, either:

#2: Why doesn't Add Playerstart work? Supposedly, a little joystick shows up, but I'm getting nada...
    #3: Add light doesn't work, either...I can add a light, but when I rebuild the level, it doesn't show up in the 3d view. And I can't test it in-game, 'cus my PlayerStart's not working!

Arrrggh! UnrealEd is driving me up the bloody wall! I'm beginning to see how blessed we were when LGS release <u>proper documentation</u> with DromEd.

------------------
    Eschew obfuscation.<small>

[This message has been edited by Despot (edited September 22, 2000).]

Despot

All three questions Solved!

Here's a free tip: *don't* use the Hollow option. Use Solid, and then Subtract. It works much, much better that way.

Kudos to kfs for solving this one.

------------------
    Eschew obfuscation.