TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seventh Crystal - WOW! T2 FM 2002.09.21

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin
    Please, please, plese make a sequel, this is begging for loose ends to be tied up:

3. is the attacker in Act 4 Cutty?
    spoiler:
    The attacker in act 4 is the nasty bad captain of the guard - he looks just like his mural did in the act 2. Also, there are writings hinting that the woman has taken him as a lover

Also I think we can safely assume that Garrett will escape prison before being executed!!!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 20th Apr 2012 at 22:04.

Ishameal: Do you have the attic key? The attic will be marked VERY clearly on the map in the patch

More spoilers...

If you don't have the attic key, you need to get it from a guard who appears somewhere in the house after you've opened the safe in the library.

If you DO have the attic key, you need to go open the attic door and find a passageway in the attic.

After you hear the conversation with between Bradey and Elizabeth, go to the hallway with the lines of red carpet on marble stairs. In the third floor area, Bradey and Elizabeth will be there.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 20th Apr 2012 at 22:04.

patch? I can't even get into the library....

Okayu then, i;m really incompetent, how does one get into the library?

The library key is on the belt of a guard on the second floor, near the front of the house.

Thanks MadBull I have missed that door so many times [Erm...] guess I better work on my observation skills

Well, it's starting to get dark, time to run through again

And Wynne, I'm sorry about the doors (I'll accept my punishment now) but I had to finish this. It just wouldn't let me go Excellent job on the voices BTW. And that goes for MsLedd and Loanstar too

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: Stikboy ]

Potential spoilers:

Wonderful mission to date. Just one problem so far: I can't find the attic key. In growing desperation, I've knocked out all the guards and searched everywhere I could find. I've not come across any "attic" key on any guard. Where is the key? Specifically, which guard carries it?

Thanks for any help.

Kyra,

I don't remember specifically where, but
    Spoiler:
    The attic key is carried by a guard that doesn't show up until after you get your payment and the map

Edit - hit the wrong button

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: Stikboy ]

Greets, Stikboy.

Done and done....still can't find it.

P.S. How does one do that hide-text thing?

[quote]Originally posted by Marecki:

Okay, since it's you who asked I won't... not that I ever do

In that case however I seem to've come across a problem - I can't get behind those locked doors on the 3rd floor! I've got three keys (Storage Room, Library, Attic) and neither any of them nor the lockpicks work on either of the N doors.

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: Marecki ]

Set a mine to the door and blow it open. It's what I did, and I waltzed in, demolition taffer style, to pickpocket the keys to the clueless nobles within. It was funny, really. They're either trying [/i]real hard[i] to seem oblivious to my entry, out of stark terror from this cloaked man's explosive entry, or just blind. Nonetheless, after I nabbed the Museum key I finished the level. Never even went into the Library.

Criticism: Make the keys in Saturine's mansion easier to find, either by placement, multiple copies, or some clues lying around as to where they'd be. Or, make more of the doors pickable (Casing/Masks and the FM "Saturio Returns Home" are good examples of both methods). Running into a dead end and then playing "find the key" for the next half-hour really puts a damper in the atmosphere, especially when you're initially in such awe and engrossment at the architecture and lighting. Also, this is mostly a personal pique, but some different ambient music either than "Bank Dungeon" would have been nice in certain areas of the mansion. Lastly, during the plot ending in Act IV (beware spoiler) it seems like Garrett finally gets his come-uppance for all his illicit taffing over the years, but since the events of this mission take place prior to Thief TDP a little more closure would have been nice to know that Garrett escapes satisfactorily (because he obviously has to). Maybe after sentence is passed Garrett can get the last line with: "I wouldn't count on it. I have friends in higher places than your gallows." It would make the player feel a bit better about all his hard sneaksie work not being for naught!

Other than that, The Seventh Crystal is probably the best designed FM mission out there.

attic in 7th crystal

I've had a great time playing this mission until I came to the 2nd attic . If there is any thing to find here , I sure can't find it . Ideas anyone ?

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine's Butler
    Criticism: Make the keys in Saturine's mansion easier to find...
    Hmm, I never had trouble with key finding at all - everything flowed just nicely for me all along, not too slow or tedious ever, and not to fast or anything. I also never got stuck on any passageways or stairs.

So long as the boundstrigger thing gets fixed, I say this mission gets GOLD!!!

bdkl: A secret switch/lever is up high on a beam near the big "treasure" chest. When you find it, look down through the window
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 17th Apr 2012 at 10:36.

Thank you very much [Thumbs Up!]

I'm having the same problem as Ishamael, I've knocked all the guards but none of them has the key. Don't know what to do.

Thank you very much to everyone who worked on this excellent mission.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 20th Apr 2012 at 22:05.

Hi!

Here is the first thing you need to do to get the game
    rolling for you taffers.
    Spoiler:
    Make sure you get your 5000 loot and map objectives done first.!!! Very Important.

Nightbird

Thiefmissions.com

[quote]Originally posted by Ishamael:
    patch? I can't even get into the library....

There is a patch at my site. I don't know that it will help you, but it does contain several fixes and some new goodies.
    - J<

I've finished the mission (great ending BTW), but there were a couple doors I was never able to get into:
    spoiler:
    The door across from the museum entrance and the metal door in the courtyard. Anyone know where to find their keys?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 9th Apr 2012 at 11:00.

After getting past the initial bounds trigger hangups, I only had trouble finding the attic door due to incorrect assumptions on my part. I did try to jump the gun in a few parts which created a little confusion.

The mission was amazing start to finish. I played the inverted Manse last night and Seventh Crystal tonight-- my nerves are shot.

Bill

TTLG Server Goddess
    Gone, but not forgotten

FYI folks, our dear Saturnine has put together a patch that addresses the major issues that people have been experiencing. Garrett MIA on the bridge, attic location noted on the map and others... But you taffers won't be blowing up any more doors and screwing up the order of things for yourselves anymore, this is a good thing, trust me.

The patch file, and the full patched mission are available here http://thief1.math.uh.edu/thief/missions/

Go get it NOW!! [Thumbs Up!]
    If you didn't really laugh out loud, you're just an idiot

[quote]Originally posted by Northon:

I've finished the mission (great ending BTW), but there were a couple doors I was never able to get into:
    Spoiler:
    The door across from the museum entrance and the metal door in the courtyard. Anyone know where to find their keys?

Spoiler:
    That is the storage room-- I believe accessed from one of the courtyards through old time cellar doors. The key to the metal door is in the room itself. I found nothing in the room other than the key.

Bill

Kyra, some detailed help--

There is a guard near the front of the mansion in the tiled area on the second floor who has the library key on him. Incidentally, this is also the area the attic is in. After you get the library key, you need to enter the library and open a safe in the back. You then need to read the book inside. Afterwards, the guard who has the attic key will appear somewhere inside the level.

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
    Many thanks to zacharias for the tip re the doors, sorry Wynne it might be unthiefy but if you can tell me where the keys are I'll replay the section of act 2.
    Try replaying it; you missed a conversation, most likely, and my personal favorite one. You need to get the library key from a guard on the second floor in the tiled area. Then, going into the library and opening the safe, then reading the book inside causes a guard to appear in the level who has the attic key. From there, you see a conversation which triggers the mysterious helper, "M", to give you a hand with getting Bradey's keys.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 20th Apr 2012 at 22:06.

Please, folks, DON'T BLOW UP DOORS. However 'funny' it may be, you're ruining the progression of the mission for yourself. There is a number of definite reasons why you shouldn't blast 'em.

If you MUST have help, here are a number of spoilers, in order.

The first thing to do is what Seraphina told you to do--find the East Gate Conservatory, the place with trees and bushes and a bright glass skylight above it.

Get your money and map--they are behind the three statues, as she said they would be.

Get the library key--it is on one of the guards upstairs.
    Go to the library and open the safe. Take the money and read the Lord's diary CAREFULLY--the books in the Seventh Crystal are vital to gameplay, and besides that, they're really worth reading.

Search around the house--more guards will have arrived by this point. One will have an object you need.
    That object is the attic key.

The attic, as marked on the map, is near the front of the building; there's a tiled area with pillars overlooking the front doors on the floor below.

Go to the passageway and listen to the conversation. This will trigger help from the mysterious "M".

Hope that helps.

Thanks Wynne.

To be honest I took the option of blowing up the doors after much thought. I seemed to have been everywhere else,
    Spoiler:
    I had been to the library and read the book, but missed the attic totally, also if I came across the new guard I must have missed the fact that he had a key.

Keeper, thanks for the observations,
    Spoiler:
    I guess I missed the assailant's identity
    , I think I was too Gob smacked by the brilliance of the mission.

Also
    Spoiler:
    it would be nice to play through the escape, especially when produced by Saturine (un-reserved bowing and scraping to the stunning fan mission)

Never mind, I'm definetly going to play it again, pick up on all the little things I missed first time.

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

This is an incredible mission thus far. It could easily be the best fan mission to date.

I have one place that I'm stuck on though..I have the payment and the map; I have the crystal; I have the rosary; However, I cannot seem to access the tomb from the library. I have flipped the lever in Sat's room under the rug and then went into the hidden attic area....However, I cannot seem to find another switch or lever to get the access to open in the library. Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Simpy great mission so far.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567121722 ... LastLast