TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seventh Crystal - WOW! T2 FM 2002.09.21

Taking a break

Nope, you can't open them

By the way, don't forget to get the Seventh Crystal patch if you already downloaded the initial release - it fixes a few things like the doors and the map/attic and the boundstrigger problems - get it here:
    http://thief1.math.uh.edu/thief/missions/

also, for other questions on this mission, see this thread:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=32&t=000863

Okay guys...will someone tell me where the damn Bradey's room and Saturnine's room are???
    PLEASE!!!

The answer I gave on the other thread didn't help?? Okay, here are more specifics.
    Spoiler:
    After you listen to the conversation in the attic, then you go back out and go find the set of stairs that go up to the 3rd floor. At the foot of the stairs, there is a guard standing on each side. Up those stairs, you will find Bradey and Elizabeth knocked out on the floor. Bradey has 2 keys and Elizabeth has one. Lord Saturnine's room is up on this floor, too. One of the key's Bradey has if for the Museum. Go back down to the first floor , open the museum doors, go in and get the crystal from the chest and when you go back out, the door up the hall (to the right when you exit the museum doors, I think) that leads to the servant's quarters is now open. You will find Bradey's room in there.

Yes, nightwalker, I had the keys, but I just couldn't find the rooms...

You're help is much appreciated.

This FM was simply AMAZING!!! I played it all day on Sunday, and simply loved it. BTW, I want to go down on record saying that I did not have any technical difficulties. Not with the intro, the bridge scene, or any of the other stuff.

There was one problem (not really), in that when I went upstairs,
    Spoiler:
    Bradey wasn't knocked out, but Liz was. Bradey didn't pay any attention to me, though except for the one time I picked up Liz and dropper her in front of him. Then he went screaming through the building!

For those of you who are stuck, the game is scripted very well. There's a specific order to things. You really have to follow it and pay attention. This would have completely baffled me, but here's how I figured it out:
    Spoiler:
    I had completely cleaned out the library, and was back down in the courtyard to read the guestlist. I looked up at the library windows and saw someone walking around up there. I knew he wasn't there before, so I went to investigate! Got the attic key that easily.

Anyway, I thought I was sunk when I couldn't find Bradey's room, so I decided I might as well go steal the sapphire. When I came out of the museum, sapphire in hand, lo and behold...
    Spoiler:
    the servants area was open, compliments of "M."

This FM was awesome, absolutely high quality in every way. I loved the subplots and the guard patrols and event spawning made me have to strategize my knockouts carefully! #1 FM I've finished (reference the "which FMs have you finished" conversation to see that I'm stuck in Inv Manse)! [Thumbs Up!]

Where are you stuck in Inverted Manse, lizanneh? It doesn't really say in the other thread. I might be able to help.

I think this mission easily has the potential to be the greatest fm ever. Hands down. I say this after playing through the mission twice on "Hard".

Some ruminations and critiques:

1) What ever happened to Cutty?

2) Why, if Alexandria can open every door in the place, does she need Garrett to break in? I mean, Garret doesn't even (potentially) kill anyone. (Personally, the only one I had to off was the guard on the metal catwalk overlooking the courtyard. He accidentally swallowed an arrow.)

3) Why is it called the "attic" if the 3rd floor living quarters are on a level higher (somewhat) than those living quarters. Looking for the entrance to the attic on a level lower than the living areas was a real b$*#!

4) This level is just sheer eye-candy. The movie (mind-blowing conceptually) was well-done. I liked the way you were able to look about as you were guided through. The only thing that seemed anti-climataic was the tomb, at the end. Don't get me wrong, I "WOW!-ed" out loud at the collapsing staircase. I also loved the elevator maze. But it wasn't scary enough. Lighting, or something, was a bit off. I did play with the gamma. Helped a bit, but background music would be helpful in that spot- build tension.

5) This level asks of us a great question- what is scary supposed to be? I remember the first time I played RTTC in TG- I almost personally wet myself. That visual impact is definitely there on this level that Saturnine & Co. have blessed us with. The problem seems to be that, throughout the level, this "Hammerite Tomb" is built up perhaps a bit more than it needs to be.

Nothing scared me more than "Join usssss! Join us now!" and that chain-rattling and laughter when you got caught by one of those haunts who wield swords like a food-processor blade. Also, the way a zombie could be completely still and suddenly mobilize out of the darkness and come at you- that was great. There was one zombie in the cathedral that was hidden just below the metal hammer where the Eye was suspended above- scared the piss out of me.

6) Why would they need to club Garret in the end? If he had gotten them what they wanted, and they had the goods on each other, why would one turn the other in? No motive. Or at least not strong enough. 'Wonder what they're going to do with him? Hmm...

7) This level represents work. Lots of work. I'm talking Cecil B. DeMille-Hebrew-nation-enslaved-by-the-Egyptians work. But it ends abruptly. And that's what's keeping us begging for more, and will keep us begging for more. Blessing *and* a curse, I guess.

8) Why, why, why the hell would anyone hire someone to do a job they might easily have accomplished themselves? That problems makes the whole thing seem a bit hokey. Perhaps the sequel could tie up this loose end?

9) The guards seemed over-sensitive to approach, for some reason. This made it much more challenging. That was great. At other times, though, they seemed blind (walking right in front of them in the light and no effect).

All in all, I'm doing the "I'm not worthy" wave. I just hope that, in revisions, a couple of things get ironed out. That will easily place this level well out of reach for other fm designers for a long, long while, I think. I've played damn near every fan mission ever released on The Circle, and this one is one of the best I've ever played.

SPOILER]what grave???? where am i going???? i am in act II!!!!!!!!!! and i am confused on where to go!!!!![/SPOILER]

someone please let me in on this secret!!!!!!!

nubetaffer - Your spoiler cover didn't work. Try using the "Spoiler" button down below, then just fill in the text in the box that appears. Works every time!

You need to give a little more information about what you have done in Act 2. Highlight here for a little help:
    Spoiler:
    Have you found the note and the money yet that was mentioned in Act 1? If not, that is the very first thing you have to do. Just keep working your way East in the mansion until you come to an outdoor gardenlike area. There are 3 statues here and down behind them you will find the map and the money. Then you need to look around the mansion for a guard with a key. Don't rule out places you've already been. Guards can pop up anywhere in this mission and it's something you need to keep in mind all the way through.

i have a few questions that i don't think have been covered in the 7 Crystal threads so far:

why is there 200 loot in the start movie and 175 in the end movie? are these attainable? i find it difficult to grasp objects with my eyes.

what do the 3 servants' keys go to? i tried them on every door and chest in the quarters area and they didn't do jack.

where have i heard that closing music before? have i heard it before? it certainly sounds familiar.

why is there 200 loot in the start movie and 175 in the end movie? are these attainable? i find it difficult to grasp objects with my eyes.

There are some loot objects used as decoratives (ie. a golden candlestick), but Saturnine forgot to take away their loot values. You can't get them.

what do the 3 servants' keys go to? i tried them on every door and chest in the quarters area and they didn't do jack.

That's a good question...

where have i heard that closing music before? have i heard it before? it certainly sounds familiar.

I believe it's from Thief 1's ending.

I still want to say this, again: Congrats from the awesome level, Sat!
    Responsible for overseeing Studio Trophis projects, Richard's designs are influenced by the best of Japanese console gaming.

perhaps this will better explain where i am

Spoiler:
    the only objective i have not fulfilled is checking out the grave "under the library"... i have just left the two knock outs upstarirs and there are new gaurds that i have taken care of but now i don't know what to do

nubetaffer -
    Spoiler:
    If you've seen Bradey and Elizabeth knocked out, then you have the key to the Museum and Bradey's key, right? Then go down into the Museum and steal the gem. After you've stolen that, the door to the servant's quarters will open and you can get into Bradey's room. In his room you will find Lord Saturnine's room key and in HIS room you should be able to figure out how to open the grave under the library.

ethne - Are you still in Act 2 or have you gone on to Act 3? I don't want to spoil things by giving you hints for the wrong place.

Act 2 -
    Spoiler:
    If you are trying to open the entrance under the library floor, you need to go up to Lord Saturnine's bedroom, move the mat beside the bed, frob the lever there which opens an entrance behind the armoire. This takes you to a second attic area, where there is a switch on high up on one of the posts by the glass window in the floor. That will do it for you.

Act 3 -
    Spoiler:
    If you are trying to open the floor here, look up on the balconies and you will see one has a big lever on it. You have to get up there using an elevator. Go look for one and on the level it takes you to, look for another one that will take you down to the second level, where the lever is.

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

I realize the answer is probably really obvious, but I can't seem to figure out
    Spoiler:
    how to open the cage that the chest is in, at the museum

I've really been impressed with this mission so far, it's so pretty it hurts the eyes.

And the opening cinematics - brilliant! It was just like a movie opening...

V. Equinox -
    Spoiler:
    You need to go into the guard's area on the main floor and look around. There's a spot in there with a lever to raise it.

*sob* I'm so embarassed...I forgot to look there. Argh!
    Thank you for the info.

I'm stuck in Act2 and down't know If I'm so stupid :-)or it's a bug.

Spoiler:
    I have three keys, two silber (one for the libary and one for the metallic door in the garden) and a golden key (I couldn't find a door to use it). If the golden key should be for the attic, it doesn't work same is true for the Museum or the door opposite the Museum and the metallic double-door in one room! Have I to do something in the libary or looking for the key for the Museum? HEELP?

[quote]Originally posted by Theef:
    The only thing that seemed anti-climataic was the tomb, at the end. Don't get me wrong, I "WOW!-ed" out loud at the collapsing staircase.

Did anyone else immediately think "Doom/Quake!" when that happened, or was it just me? Even the sound!

I've already posted my thoughts over at the thief general discussion forum, but in short - this rocks.

Question about The Seventh Crystal, Act I (spoiler)

My apologies if this was discussed in another thread, but I'm trying not to read too much about this mission as I haven't finished it yet (it's freakin' incredible, by the way!):

Spoiler:
    In Act I, after the whole thing is over, the stats screen shows that the "level" had 200 loot, via a pickpocket. Is there some way to get this? If not, what is the purpose of including it?

Taffing minds wanna know! Thanks.
    Interrogation Technologist,
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

Taking a break

Nope, its the decoration pots that are worth loot that you can't get, sorry

THE SEVENTH CRYSTAL

IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE ATTIC.

spoiler:
    I HAVE FOUND THE KEY TO THE ATTIC, BUT I HAVE FOUND NO LEVERS TO ACTIVATE THE OPENING TO THE CRYPT. IS THIS THE CORRECT ATTIC? IF NOT HOW DO I GET INTO THE ROOMS ON THE 3RD FLOOR THAT ARE LOCKED? THE ONLY GUARD LEFT STANDING IS THE ONE IN THE MUSEUM.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 7th Jun 2007 at 09:44.

SPOILER!!! I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to work the blue stuff!

spoiler:
    There are two attics--the one you had to open with the key is the sfirst. Go in there and in a dark corner at the far left end there is a tight hallway that leads to a crack in the wall from which you can overhear a conversation. Listen and then go to the third floor. The locked doors on the left side are where you will find your next clue. (Don't worry, you don't need the keys when you are doing this part).
    Last edited by MsLedd; 20th Aug 2005 at 04:47. Reason: Fixed spoiler tag

LOUDER! LOUDER! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Katie - To use the blue spoiler cover, just look down below where you write your post and you will see a section titled "Instant UBB Code". There are buttons and one of them is labelled "SPOILER". Just click on it and a small box will appear that you can type your spoiler in. Click OK when you are done and it will appear in your reply and after your post shows up here it will be covered with the blue field.

martin shubitowski - Welcome to the forum! It's nice to see so many new members lately. Typing in capitals is the equivalent of yelling on the boards, which seems to annoy some people. I just thought I'd let you know for future reference.

7TH Crystal -
    Spoiler:
    Have you been into the first attic and listened to a conversation? If so, then you need to go find Bradey who was speaking. He has keys that you need. Go back up to the 3rd floor and they should be there,unconcious on the floor.

If that's not where you're stuck, just post more details.

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678131823 ... LastLast