TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seventh Crystal - WOW! T2 FM 2002.09.21

The 7th Crystal - Act 2 - attic key....

Hi!
    What does attic key in second Act open?
    There are doors which i can't open on the third floor, which looks like doors to attic....
    i can't go further.... plz hlp.

Thiefunny

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    You're looking for the correct grave for one of the objectives?
    spoiler:
    If you mean the one you have to find the entrance to, no, it's not one of those. Have you been to Lord Saturnine's room yet? If you have, check under the mat beside the bed for a switch, then go through the door that the switch opens and look for another switch. Look down through the window in the floor after you pull the second switch.
    heh, yes, but which room is lord saturnine's room?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 20th Apr 2012 at 22:08.

spoiler:
    Go up the stairs to the third floor. Where the stairway splits, go to your right, through the door across from the top and Lord Saturnine's door is the one to your left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik
    What does attic key in second Act open?
    There are doors which i can't open on the third floor, which looks like doors to attic....
    i can't go further.... plz hlp.
    spoiler:
    Strangely enough, the attic door is NOT on the 3rd floor. Go back down to the second floor and look for a door. It's in a rather unusual place, too. On the balcony overlooking the main entrance hall.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 17th Apr 2012 at 10:45.

Thanks again for the additional help, Nightwalker. I finished T7C the other night after following your second round of hints. What a shocking ending!

I've gone upstairs to the bedrooms, but the doors are locked on the third floor. How do you open them I looked everywhere for a key. I also went to the grave area and saw no switched that open a particular grave?

Thank you

Footpad

I need more information, Footpad. Have you got the purse and the map? Have you been into the Library? Have you been into the first attic? Post a little more detail, please.

I have not beem to the library. I knocked out the guards through the door, no key on them. I have not been to attic. Yes I got the purse and map. do not know how to get the guard walking the war museum out to see if he has a key?

Footpad

This mission has a very precise order you HAVE to follow in order for things to progress properly and most of them involve finding the right key at the right time. If you have found the purse and the map, then a key should be available for you to find now that wasn't there before. Go up to the balcony the overlooks the front entrance and look around for a guard with a key. That should get you started again. When you need to find something in this one, don't rule out any part of the house because you've already been there and cleared it out. That doesn't work in this mission. Guards show up later on that weren't there before. You won't get to the guard in the Museum until much later, when you've got the Museum Key.

I got the attic key, but I am unable to get into Saturine's bedroom to access the attic.

Thanks

Footpad

So you've been into the attic and listened to the conversation between Bradey and the girl? If you haven't then you need to
    Spoiler:
    go find the attic door. It's not on the third floor, but on the second floor, kind of out of the way.
    If you have already done that,
    Spoiler:
    then you need to go back up to the 3rd floor and you should find Bradey and the girl lying unconcious on the floor. The girl has one key and Bradey has two, one for his room and one for the Museum. Go to the Museum first and when you're done that, the door to the servant's quarters will be open (down at the end of the hall to your right as you walk out of the museum). In Bradey's room, you will find Lord Saturnine's key.

You need to go to the front of the house, 2nd floor (the marble-floored area in front of the main staircase, where the guard that had the key is/was), the doorway to the attic is at the far end of this room, next to the balcony railing.

Beware! When you first enter the attic, on your left you'll see a large crate that you can't climb on. If you climb the crate next to it, jump over, and go behind that crate to look through the crack in the wall, you'll be forced to load from your last saved game. Once behind that crate there's no way to climb out. That was one of the bugs with this mission that I found. tried to e-mail a review to the author, but YoungGarrett@hotmail.com is foobar.

Saturnine

[quote]Originally posted by TheThief:
    on your left you'll see a large crate that you can't climb on.

Sure you can, just mantle onto it, works for getting back out too.

I went to the attic with the attic key no one was there. I went up the dtais and there is no speaking.

Footpad

You have to go way over to the far side (south-west corner) of the attic and look for a narrow hallway. Follow it until you see a grate in the wall that looks into a room. That's where you'll hear the conversation.

Saturnine:

My apologies. I just went back and re-tried it, and sure enough I can mantle on that crate. Very odd, since I spent at least 5 minutes stuck in that corner, trying to climb out...maybe Thief was acting buggy that day. Anyway, glad that you're here, since the e-mail in the info file doesn't seem to be working.

First, wanted to thank you for such a great work of art, and fun mission! Had lots of fun playing! I hope you're planning a "jail-break" sequel. ;-)

There were a couple of small things I wanted to tell you, in case you're interested in minor fixes. I found one guard who was consistently found standing in mid-air. When I got hit by the "flying skull" at the end, it left me floating in mid-air (not sure if that was on purpose or not). A couple of doors and all the 3rd floor guest bathrooms have lighting problems. I posted some screen shots of these things here if you're interested in taking a look (note: some of these were gamma adjusted). Also, there was one guard that had a key...I believe it was the attic key, that "appears from nowhere" after you trigger an event. He can be found in a dark upstairs hallway. Well, I was looking around trying to find him, and heard him talking to himself while I was in the room below him, so went up the stairs to that hallway, and as I got there I saw him "falling to the floor" as if he had been standing on the balcony railing or something.

Anyway, those are just minor things, but after playing the mission I kind of got the feeling that you wanted to make it as perfect as possible, so I thought I'd let you know. The minor details in this mission never ceased to amaze me, from the grappling hook on the outside wall, to the toilet seat being up in the Master's bedroom. Awesome job, and thanks again for a great mission!

Saturnine

Thanks TheThief, I'm working another patched version with help from Sledge to try and get it perfect, there's quite a few changes already and that attic key guard is outta there
    Its so cool when people notice the little things )like the Lords toilet seat) just trying to add realistic touches.

Anyway I hope you will play the new version (1.02) when its released, It should be an improvement.

Saturnine:

I look forward to playing the revamped version of 7th Crystal, and since now I know that you are revising it, I can mention a few of the things that I tried to send via e-mail. Keep in mind that I worked as a beta tester for a gaming company, so if this sounds in any way like criticism, it's rather intended as constructive criticism, or more properly "constructive critique".

The first thing that hit me as I started playing was the "wow factor" from the graphics, but I soon noticed that framerates were a bit choppy while out on the front lawn (overclocked cpu, oc'd video card). Not too big a problem, since I only spent a few moments outside. The lighting seemed a bit bright out front, and wasn't sure if I'd be spotted or not, but made it safely. While I see you've already lowered the output of the streetlamps out front to 50, you may want to think about going just a bit lower, which would enhance the mood, also. But the overall ambience was too low, IMO, as many shadows were pitch black, forcing me to crank up gamma to see what (if anything) was there.

Once I got inside and past the two guards and woman in the kitchen, there seemed to be an abundance of dark/empty rooms, while all the guards kept to the central/lighted rooms. I would have liked to see one of those visiting guests in the parlor adjoining the dining room, with a purse to snatch.

Which brings me to my next point, very few/no purses to snatch, no secrets. I took my time on this mission, and spent approximately 4 hours playing it. The first 2 hours were pretty boring. After the initial "wow, cool architecture" wore off, it seemed as though all I was doing was admiring empty rooms. Might be tough to add secrets at this point, but I was sure that a big old house like that would have had a few. Secrets, places to climb with rope arrows, and pockets to pick are a few of the things that liven up a mission, to prevent boredom. I realize that you were trying to make it as realistic as possible, but the absence of loot, even in the game room, was a bit disappointing.

Another thing I noticed was the fact that the kitchen seemed to have an abundance of shelving, but it was all empty. No pots/pans/plates/utensils/etc. Kind of odd. Speaking of the kitchen, that looked like a good place to use a rope arrow, especially with that window into the game room (though I may not have wanted to make noise by breaking the glass).

There is a way (I don't recall at the moment, read it in the DromEd tutorial somewhere) to make your objectives stop going from complete to incomplete if you have to retrieve an item, and you drop it later. This is what happened with the objective "get the key to Bradey's room and the museum". If you drop the keys after you've visited Bradey's room and the museum, the objective un-checks, forcing you to keep these items in inventory.

I didn't understand the objective to get Bradey's rosary, as I already had an objective to get his room key, and the rosary was in plain sight, and also didn't come into use at all during the game. Why did I need the rosary?

The stealing of the sapphire from the museum was majorly anti-climactic. I had already found the controls and opened the cage before I got the museum key, so it was just a matter of KO'ing the lone museum guard once I got the key, and I just waltzed in and grabbed everything. Since stealing the sapphire was a major objective, I would have thought that the museum heist was going to be very difficult to accomplish. Not sure how this can be modified, since the floors are marble and there are few shadows, but that was my impression, at any rate. (BTW, I couldn't understand why all the weapons on display were real, EXCEPT for the flash bomb, unless this was another bug) BTW, the absence of flash bombs forced me into many "chase scenes" where I eventually ended up with as many as 6 guards chasing after me, and had to go all the way back to the front lawn several times.

When I opened the door to Sat's room, it got "stuck" in the open position. Very odd. I also thought it was too strange that 4 guards appeared from nowhere as soon as I opened this door. Not very realistic.

By far, the most disappointing thing about this mission was the surprise ending. I equate it with watching "Star Wars" for the first time, and having Luke, Han, Chewy, and Leia all die at the end. I had just spent 4 hours completing this mission, only to find that I'm not left with a feeling of satisfaction, but rather one of anger/frustration/disappointment (a mixture of emotions which came out as "Well, THAT certainly sucked"). The funny thing is, this could have easily been avoided just by adding "To be continued..." at the end. At least that way the player can think, "I'm gonna break out of jail and pay those two back for this!", rather than walking away feeling like they just got screwed.

Anyway, those are the critiques that I can recall offhand. Please keep in mind my praise in my previous post, as this is not intended as "mission bashing" in any way, shape, or form. These are just my own impressions/feelings/ideas, take them with a grain of salt, or ignore them, if you wish. Allow me to reiterate: This is by far one of the best FM's ever released! (If it wasn't, I wouldn't take the time to write this)

I need some help!
    Spoiler:
    I went to the bedchamber in Saturnine's room I hit the first switch. I went into the passageway I hit the switch for the light I looked through glass window, I could not find a switch to open Mage's tomb behind fireplace in library!

Thank you

Footpad

Spoiler:
    The light switch is nothing but a light switch. When you go into that attic room with the window on the floor look behind the upward beams. The last one on the left will have the right switch to move the tables in the library.

Hope that helps

Oh, forgot to mention the "cold storage room" in the basement (for the next version). If you go inside and close the door, your visibility crystal is still lit brightly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThief View Post
    I didn't understand the objective to get Bradey's rosary, as I already had an objective to get his room key, and the rosary was in plain sight, and also didn't come into use at all during the game. Why did I need the rosary?
    spoiler:
    I believe that you don't have to get the rosary to complete act2, the rosary stops the spiders attacking you, if you enter the crypt without it the spiders should be hostile (this may well be something that got dropped when the crypt got moved to a seperate act, but that was iirc the original intention)

(this may be completely wrong, and if it is then well, I may have to stop meeting saturnine in places that serve alcoholic beverages {no, I couldn't just say "pubs"})
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 17th Apr 2012 at 10:46.

Seventh Crystal, act 2

help, please:

Spoiler:
    I suppose I've explored all the mansion except for library, servant quarters, 2 third floor rooms, of which obviously I did not find the key; so it seems I'm stuck, as nonetheless I can't find Bradey (to retrieve the keys) and go into the museum for the saphire

Spoiler:
    Have you found the map and the money behind the 3 statues in the conservatory yet? That is the first thing you have to do before you can proceed any farther. Once you have found those, a guard appears on the second floor with a key. It doesn't matter if you've already been all over that floor, he wouldn't have been there at that point. This entire mission proceeds that way. Basically, you have to do certains things in one part of the mansion before you're allowed to find the key to the next part, so keep that in mind as you progress.

After very disappointing (for me) "The mystery man" and "A Smuggler's Request" I started this level.
    I'm now in Act2 too and have to say that design of this mission is superior of any FM and OM I've ever seen. The manor is so gorgeous and real that I only can ask myself if something better can be made with Dark Engine. Great atmosphere too so far. It's very frightening for me to creep in that house and as I see a snow gently falling on the ground behind the windows I am feeling cold...I'm trying to progress very slowly as I'm enjoying such an atmosphere and design very much. I wonder how much time one need to make such a beauty.

Great job!
    Thanks Saturnine and others.

PS: one question tho: is it possible to collect 200 of loot in Act1 (some sort of animation)???

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: 242 ]

The Duke

Thief 2 Fan Mission 7th Crystal

If anyone has played this Fan Mission i need some help!!!!!!

in the last part of Act 2 where you have to find a passage way
    to the crypt where they found the Crystal it says it's behind
    the Hammer's Grave... WHERE WHERE WHERE can it be...i've tryed
    for a hour to find it.. but i can't...

Anyone know....

The Duke

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101520 ... LastLast