TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: The Seventh Crystal - WOW! T2 FM 2002.09.21

Nightwalker - Thanks for all the help! Thanks to you I was able to accomplish this FM promptly. It's good to have you in this forum.

Shhh... I might say I was disappointed with the ending... I mean, don't get me wrong, the FM was absolutely amazing as a whole, one of the best I have ever player, a total blast! But the ending... I was sort of expecting next level, expecting things to turn out evil, deception, unexpected turn of events... And instead... it was just the end.

I'm not sur eif I understood... Seraphine turned out to be Alexandria, that was nice... But then why did Alexandria want the crystal? And she was able to deceive Lord Saturnine for so many years of their merriage. Who was Seraphina/Alexandria? She seemed to be some sort of demon or maybe just a witch...

Why did their child die? It seemed like something done on purpose, (all that weired stuff going on in their mansion) not just a tragedy... Was it Alexandria/Serapohina? And if so why? Why owuld she kill hr own baby?

And the most intriguing thing... who was the guy that knocked down Garrett? Alexandria reffered to him 'my love'. Was it Lordf Saturnine himself? Or was it someone else? I remember in a letter whch can be found in Alexandia's room she was saying something that she got a lover... Who was this lover guy?

Also, why would the crystal and the book be so evil? And what was that horror place that showed up when Garrett wanted to grab the book. These were grea, really superb elements (great job, Saturnine!), but thiungs were kinda not explained and left...

all these questions do actually have answers. many things in this mission aren't supposed to make sense until you play the sequal which, sadly, is unlikely to ever be completed (at least for thief2...)

OK, thanks! That makes sense... I really felt as if the game was cut right in the middle.

I watched the 'court trial' CamVator and I was thinking "Hmmm hmmm, I wonder how Garrett is going to escape the prison". Instead the game ended.

Too bad the sequal is unlikely to see 'daylight', the FM was really great! And I'd very much like to learn all the answers... I think I'm not the only one, right?

"I think I'm not the only one, right?"

Not in the least.

By the way, Garrett *does* manage to escape his jail sentence... listen to all of the sound during the ending credits and you'll see what I mean...

I was disappointed in the ending myself, although the above explanation as to why it was "cut off" makes it mean much more sense in that I know a second one was (is?) planned. I had the same reaction.

It's easily a fantastic mission, but there's one thing I don't get... you could see the guy who clubbed Garrett right as Act 4 starts, and he isn't even in the shadows! I can't believe that Garrett is a professional thief who's been through so much and yet didn't even notice that as quickly as I did!

But then, maybe the viewers are *supposed* to notice him before Garrett...

I remember going through that crypt, and right up to the end I kept thinking, "This is WAY too easy, going through this Act 3 bit... something MUST be up." I didn't think it would happen *after* leaving the crypt, though!

Yes, please create the next episode if possible (I know it's said to be doubtful for some reason, but still...). Or if it has been cancelled, somebody please explain all the loose ends for us so we won't stay in suspense forever?
    The Cloaked Wolf

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered

The 7th Crystal again

I read all the threads about this mission but nobody was stuck at the point where I am.
    I played it three times, now I have the updated version, but things remain the same.

In the library I had the attic key, I go to the attic, but the key doesn't open any door.

What to do?

Maybe you're going to the wrong door?? The attic key opens a door on the balcony that overlooks the front foyer. It's on the second floor, not the third floor, which confuses a lot of people.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    You're right, I have found the door!

I finally shall be able to finish this beautiful map. Thank you.

couple quick questions about The Seventh Crystal...

i'm taking a break from Calendra's Legacy by playing the 7th Crystal (ha, some break anyway, i've got a couple small questions. i did a quick search, and didn't find the answers (though it's entirely possible i missed them, i did search pretty quickly). anyhoo, here they are:

1) what's the music that plays on the gramaphone on the upper level of the library?

2) it's not really a spoiler, but i'm putting it as one, just in case:
    spoiler:
    On the note outside the door where i came in (a sort of basement below the kitchen with many guards walking around) it said that someone (captain of the guard?) would be checking on the guards periodically to see if they were on their proper patrol routes, and if they weren't, there would be hell to pay in the morning. my question is, does this mean if i knock anyone out, the alarm will eventually be raised by the guy doing the checking? or am i just reading too much into it and the note just adds some atmosphere?

thanks in advance,

-toad : ~ )
    Sings we a dances of wolfs,
    who smells fear and slays the coward.
    Sings we a dances of mans,
    who smells gold and slays his brother.

Yeah, that note won't end up really doing anything in the game that you will see, but it shows you what a harda$$ the head guard guy is
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

heh, no kidding. thanks.

is Alexandria's room the big bedroom off the room where Bradey and Elizabeth are found? and does anyone know the music that plays on the gramaphone on the upper floor of the library?

thanks,

Sings we a dances of wolfs,
    who smells fear and slays the coward.
    Sings we a dances of mans,
    who smells gold and slays his brother.

Seventh Crystal Spoiler Neede please!

spoiler:
    I've tried and tried and still can't find the lever in the bedroom. Can someone please explicitly spoil me?

Thanks in advance!

Lara

Make sure you're in the correct bedroom first. Go up the main staircase, go up the right side, then in the little hall turn left, that's the room.

The secret lever is on the floor near the bed under a little mat
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

7th Crystal Help (eep)

I've already done a quick search on these forums for the answer to my question, thus suggesting that I've got stuck at an incredibly simple bit, but I need help.
    This could be a spoiler btw;
    spoiler:
    I just got to the bit where you find the head servent (forgot his name) knocked out . I picked up all the keys, then went down to the servents quarters and explored thouroughly there. I can't seem to find anywehre new to go. Ive been to the nursery, everywhere. Any keys Ive missed?

Cheers

spoiler:
    When you are in the Servant's Quarters, you should find a door that unlocks with Bradey's room key. In there is the key to Lord Saturnine's room, up on the 3rd floor. Search it VERY carefully.
    Beautiful mission, isn't it?

Cheers but;
    spoiler:
    I've already been in Saturnine's room and found the key to the nursery. I don't see anything new to do in either of these rooms apart from read the books lying about.

Ahhh! Then you missed
    spoiler:
    the mat beside the bed that slides aside to reveal a lever!

Thanks for your help so far, (this is getting ridiculous) but;
    spoiler:
    Im in that part of the attic now, and theres nothing to do The 2 chests won't open (ive even tried firing fire arrows at them, and the rest of the room looks bare. This is getting boring real fast

There's a switch in there and many people have trouble finding it, for some reason, because it's NOT hidden! If you have the older version, it's on the upper part of a post, right down by the window in the floor. It's on the back side. There's a newer version, where the lever has been made more visible, but I don't know exactly where it was moved to. It should be somewhere nearby.

Ok

Right after seeing an incredible ending, my heart has sank.

I hear Saturnine has no plans to create a sequel...

You cannot end your mission that way and not do a SEQUEL DAMN YOU!

One of the greatest fan missions ever created, with a pretty damn good sence of humour. The bit picking up the book was hillarious

Cheers

Wrong.
    He has plans to create a sequel, he just hasn't acted on those plans.
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Oh goody.

Stuck in 7th Crystal Act II

What a magnificent mission! Incredibly stylish and atmospheric. Which of course makes it even more frustrating to be stuck.

I've read previous threads about the part I'm having problems w/, but I still don't get it.

spoiler:
    I've just eavesdropped on Bradey's conversation beyond the low window in the corridor in the attic, and I now need to intercept him before he locks himself in his room. The problem is, I cannot seem to find him. I've tried waiting outside the servants' quarter, but he doesn't appear.
    Maybe this has something to do w/ the fact that I cannot seem to find the switch which I've seen mentioned; a switch that's supposed to be on a post (in the attic or in the room below the attic?)

2 questions:

spoiler:

1. Where can I find the switch?
    2. Can I still intercept Bradey, or do I need to switch whatever needs switching before triggering the conversation?

Thanks.
    T2X Plot Monkey
    male hormone oozes from every fucking pore in my body i sweat male hormone i drool male hormone my tears are pure male hormone when i exert myself i stink of testosterone my balls are like giant planets engulfed in chaotic storms of toxic gases i'm like some beast who marks off his territory with his reeking yellow urine my sperm is like a virulent milkshake of recombinant worms my penis smells like an uncorked decanter of fermented smegma geysers of purple molten shit explode from my asshole, destroying villages in its path i'm all man 100% man - Mark Leyner, My Cousin, My Gastroenterologist

Bradey doesn't head to the Servant's Quarters. After you listen to the conversation you need to
    spoiler:
    head up to the 3rd floor. You'll find Bradey up there. The switch on the post can't be found until after you have access to Lord Saturnine's room, which you don't yet.

One think I'm wondering is why M used a gas arrow... didn't she have a blackjack?
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast