TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crom's Blade

Crom's Blade

Hey Schwaa, thank you, thank you, thank you for your hard work to make this great mission. For the last couple of hours i have been happily sneaking around in the caves and sewers, in theify heaven.
    Spoiler:
    I personally love the little green magic mushrooms. And the flaming skeleton zombie in the tomb snuck up right behind me, when i turned around i was looking him in the eye! Scared the crap out of me. Now i'm going to have bad dreams...

Any of you other taffers playing this excellent mission? What are you waiting for?

I'm playing it, and you're right an awesome FM. Only problem I've had so far is that there was an ACCESS VIOLATION in unzip dll when I installed it which after some juggling and reinstalling and playing Crom (which worked/saved/loaded fine until I closed T2 and tried to reload it, I later learned had toasted my Darkloader AllSaves directory and subseuently I have lost all my save games for all my FM's and the OM's. Ah well just means some more lost Dromeding time to playing these levels.

But just in case I recomend backing up AllSaves before installing any FM.

Thanx Spiderkat! Its nice to know its being enjoyed.
    I'm looking into that prob DarkRaven, first I've heard of it.

That's a strange problem. I've played Crom's Blade several times, now, switched back and forth between other missions and it and everything has been working fine.

Taking a break

I suspect it's an isolated problem just on your system. No else has ever had it, including me.

I'd have to concur with you Keeper, since it hasnt even reoccured on my system. Ahh Windows and its DLL (mis)handling!! So now all I have to do is start playing all those great FM's I hadn't finished over again! You know, now that I think of it I havent yet played an FM I didn't like... Thief really brings out the creative in people I must say.

Oh Keeper, a slightly OT question but, the FM CD's (I will be sending out for those soon I promise!) do you label/insert them or just send em out blank w/out inserts? Just wondering cause I was thinking I'd make my own if you didn't.

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: DarkRaven ]

Taking a break

No nice sticker labels, just marker, and no inserts (keeps costs down)

BANNED

I've only played about 10-12 FMs (all the great T2 ones), and the one I played just before this was The 7th Crystal. I backed up my dark.cfg as was recommended before installing T7C... and finished the missions (the 4parts). Then I DL's this one (Croms Blade)... restored my original dark.cfg... and installed Croms.

Now Every time I save game when I 'continue' It always comes back and pulls out moss arrows and puts me in running mode. I don't know if this is related, and it's may be something y'all have seen before. Can anyone help?

Real nice mission so far...
    Spoiler:
    I think I've done everything as far as clearing the halls and sewers and etc), but I can't find the wizards' obos... and I'm still trying to figure out just what the book in the closet is trying to tell me. I'll keep looking, so don't hint me yet, but I may be back for some HELP! A tiny hnt along the lines of "yes, it's a major pixel hunt" or "no, there is logic to the locations of the obos," I wouldn't mind

Thanks!

PS. Would it really be worth it to install T1 just to play Calendra's Cistern? And maybe some other must play T1 FMs?

[ November 15, 2001: Message edited by: fuzzbox23 ]

fuzzbox,
    No major pixel hunt, just a puzzle. That hint is the most obvious I think, but it'd be good to combine with the others (hints). Did you maybe accidentally pull moss arrows while running when you hit escape to save? Is it just off one save or every different save?

BANNED

Schwaa,

Every time I go to an actual save. Quicksave doesn't effect it. It does the moss arrows and puts me in run mode (as if it's a toggle, which I don't have enabled.)

Anyway, it hasn't been that much of a problem. And the mission is great. An excellent use of ruins and the paths you must take to get around them.

Thanks for the mission, Schwaa.

I completed the mission on the Apprentice Thief difficulty setting with 7 of 9 diamonds and more than enough loot to meet the loot objective in Treasure Hunter setting.

But I have two related question:

Can the three metal doors at the back of Crom's Castle be opened? I have already tried using powder kegs on them. Do I have to play the mission on a higher difficulty setting to be able to open those doors?

Thanks to anyone who replies.

fuzzbox,
    yes it is definately worth the effort to play calendra's cistern! it is incredible. if you havent tried any theif 1 fm's you are really missing out. Some of my favorites are : autumn in the lampfire hills, bloodstone prison, lorgan's web, mystery man, the varyx obelisk, just to name a few. Lots of great thief 1 fm's.

anybody have hints on the locations of the diamonds? i only found 2 of them.

Spiderkat - schwaa has posted a walkthrough at his site for Crom's Blade. One of the sections has pictures of the areas where you can find the diamonds. It doesn't really give it away entirely, it just gives you an idea of where to look. Here's the link Crom's Blade Walkthrough

As for the Thief TDP/Gold Fan Missions, Spiderkat is right on the mark. There are many excellent missions available that it would be a shame to miss. Some other good ones are The Order of the Vine, Events in Highrock, Curse of the Ancients and Seeds of Doubt to name just a few.

Wow! This is an awesome mission. I played on T.Hunter difficulty and I've got Crom's blade, 6605 loot, and 8 of 9 diamonds. I know I'll find that last diamond eventually, but just like equilibrium, I want to know about those three metal doors.

Sorry, nothin' behind those doors, just for looks.
    Badd Cog's Gallery -Is that you good cog? Heh, Heh. NO!
    Crom's Blade,JailBreak,TrainSpotting,3MagesTomb
    Custom AI's,Objects,Missions,Demos,Tutorials,Downloads,Links...
    ModelMakersVault- custom objects for your missions.

Taking a break

[quote]Originally posted by fuzzbox23:

PS. Would it really be worth it to install T1 just to play Calendra's Cistern? And maybe some other must play T1 FMs?

Indeed it is, but you may a bit spoiled from playing the great T2 missions first

[quote]Originally posted by Keeper of Metal and Gold:

Indeed it is, but you may a bit spoiled from playing the great T2 missions first

As far as CC's goes (among others), the only way you'd be "spoiled" is the textures look better in T2. CC's is top notch, I think it'll always be regarded that way.

Taking a break

Yes I mean texture quality But even now if I go back and play some Thief 1/G mission, for the first few moments I am dismayed at the step down in texture quality, but very soon I forget it and everything is cool and awesome looking again!

BANNED

Thanks to everyone! I will go find my Thief Gold disk...

Schwaa, since the last time I talked to you I have finished this excellent mission.

Spoiler:
    Almost left myself with too few resources. Wasn't anticipating that whole other environment up there (where almost all the diamonds were, I think I mistakenly found 'em all!), on the way to the train car I needed to be in. Really, that cinched it for me. The excellent use of ruins and the paths within was enough, but to have this extra bit at the end put this into the 'best FMs' category. In the end I ended up with juuuust enough resources
    [Thumbs Up!]

Yes, this mission is fine [Thumbs Up!]
    But I have a problem - some my saves are corrupted and Thief closes automatically if I try load these saves... It happens in some places, not everywhere... I'm crying because I've already completed (I think) half of this mission and now have only very old uncorrupted save
    It seems as some standard problem...
    Could anybody help me?

Unfortunately, that's a problem I didn't run into while beta testing but it did happen to me after Crom's Blade was released. Two of my saves won't load and I get dumped back to darkloader. I've run into someone else who has had this crop up, too. Try restarting the level and then loading the saves. That might help. If not, you may have to start over again and use lots of slots for saves in case you run into it again. Maybe schwaa can figure out what's happening.

Unfortunately I haven't had this prob, I'll check it out though. I did have this prob on another FM though.

On the Eidos forum I believe somebody else said they had this prob. Started a new mission, saved immediately, then reloaded the save they wanted and everything worked fine.

I think for now on I'll probably work on smaller segmented missions, its easier to find probs.
    Badd Cog's Gallery -Is that you good cog? Heh, Heh. NO!
    Crom's Blade,JailBreak,TrainSpotting,3MagesTomb
    Custom AI's,Objects,Missions,Demos,Tutorials,Downloads,Links...
    ModelMakersVault- custom objects for your missions.

stuck in Crom's Blade

how to

spoiler:
    open the large (2) doors on 2nd floor, up the staircase(s) at rear the main hall?

Thanx :-)

Gone, but never forgotten
    spoiler:
    You use the oroborus to get into the throne room .

Anderl2
    spoiler:
    Crom's oroborus can be found in the first floor of the castle, look for a room with spiders and some goodies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast