TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck in Trainspotting

Stuck in Trainspotting

I need some hints on this one. I have visited every train car and every floor of the warehouse, but now I'm completely stuck. I opened every door I could open, either by using the right key or the lockpicks, but there are still a couple of locked ones left, to which I couldn't find a key, and the lockpicks don't work on them. I double checked every guard I met, to see if I missed an essential key. No luck.

I'm beginning to believe this is one of Hit Deity's missions Looks like his style: Hide a key or button so that nobody can ever find it and entertain yourself by reading the cries for help on the forum [Grr]
    Just kidding [Laff]

Spoiler:
    Are the doors you couldn't unlock in the basement? One of the guards patrolling down there has a basement key. There is also a secret door at the end of one of the passageways on the right (It's not hard to spot. It's just a section of wall that lights up when you get close enough) that leads you to some other rooms. In one of those rooms there are two guards that have a conversation when you get close enough to trigger it. One of them has a key that you need.

Spoiler:
    I found a key on the wall in the room with two talking guards, right next to a locked door.

You're absolutely right, Schwaa. I'd forgotten that. Thanks.

Huh? There was no conversation in the basement while I played??? Is that near where the drunken guard is? If I remember right, there are also loocked doors at other places than the basement (I could be wrong on this), but yes, some are down there. How can I trigger the conversation?

Bumbleson -
    Spoiler:
    Go into the dining room in the basement and you'll see a hallway with some steam coming from floor vents. Go down that hall, through the end door to the bathroom. Go straight across the bathroom, out the other side, down a short hall and pick open the end door. You'll be in a small room with another door. Open that door with the "basement" key and you'll be in the room where the guards have the conversation. When they're done, they both go off on patrol and you can go over to the North door and beside it, you'll find another "basement" key and a "basement security" key, which is the one you need.

Ha! I can't believe it, I never picked THAT door!
    Thanks!!

i found every thing but the remote ...

sexypat - Follow the directions I gave to Bumbleson. The key that I told him about opens the room where you find the remote. It's on the
    Spoiler:
    workbench

mmmmmmmm been there ...
    Spoiler:
    there were a few things on the work bench , tought i pick em all up ... i'll check after work ! may be i didn't looked carefully !

night walker -
    have you ever done any FM's ? just wondering

I finally made it to the room with the remote, but it's not there! I know where it should be, but it's invisible! Even Dromed only shows its bounding box. Did that happen to anyone else?

Wow, that's really weird! It was right there, in plain sight for me!

Sexypat - I only play FMs. I wouldn't have a clue how to begin making one. I immense admiration for the people who do, though.

I had the same trouble Bumbleson with the remote on the table. I was getting on fine until then. Mind, I still haven't figured out how to open the drain in the basement. Does anybody know if it is possible?

I don't think you can open any basement drain, as that would extend the mission beyond the boudary limitations.

The remote was just sitting on the desk just fine for me, dunno what's wrong for some folks - maybe it gets teleported there after something, or something like that?
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

hey nightwalker!
    i went back to the workbench and there was the sextant , the glasses and the lab equipement ... no remote !!!
    can it changes places depending on the difficulty ?

I've only played it on one difficulty, so I'm not sure, but I haven't seen anyone mention a different location. I guess it could be a bug. I'll try playing it again later, if I have time, on a different difficulty setting, just to try it out.

nightwalker

well i played it on easy to get a feel of it
    i'll play an harder level to see if i encounter this again

the only thing i found on the work bench was a scroll about the remote ...
    am i missinig somethin' ???

I'm on Normal, everyone is out cold, got most all the loot though I can't really tell since the mission won't end since I can't find the remote. It's definetely not on the workbench.

According to Dromed it should be lying on top of the workbench where the X-shaped scratches are.
    Ive looked at it again in Dromed and it seems it is just a tiny bit misplaced so that it's not rendered in the game. I moved it around a bit and there it was!

I started from scatch, re-downloaded the mission and played it on all 3 difficulty levels. I got the objective to find the remote on all 3, but the remote was not there on "Hard" (the easiest setting). It was on the bench in the correct place on the other two. Possibly this objective was not supposed to trigger on the easiest setting and so the remote isn't there. It's the only thing I can think of, anyways.

I've been through it on expert and no remote

I believe it's a simple rendering issue. The remote is inside the bounding box of the workbench and may also intersect with the other objects on the workbench. Dromed/Thief decides if an object is to be rendered, based on where its center point is. If it's inside a terrain brush, the object vanishes. If it's inside of another object, it normally doesn't matter, but Dromed sometimes has it's own point of view....

phew! and here I thought I was just being an idiot, not being able to find that damn remote... hee hee.

Why does it work properly for some people and not for others, or on one difficulty but not another??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast