TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Dyers' Eve (October 19, 2001)

T2 FM: Dyers' Eve (October 19, 2001)

A few days early for Halloween, but I figured, what the heck! My second FM, Dyers' Eve, the sequel to Bloodsport, is now available at the url below until I can get it up at the circle & KoMaG. The setup:

"There are cords in the hearts of the most reckless, which cannot be touched without emotion. Even with the utterly lost, to whom life and death are equally jests, there are matters of which no jest can be made"
    --Edgar Allen Poe

My score with this "Brotherhood of the Raven" isn't settled yet. No one plays me like that & gets away with it. And then there's the fact that I still have no idea where I am. I've shacked up in a local villiage, but what loot I stole from the arena is running low. I made contact with a local "businessman" who offered me a deal. He'd tell me where to find out more about this "Brotherhood" if I'd fetch an old
    navigation globe for him. He pointed me to an ancient temple that once belonged to them, but is now rumored to be haunted. Much as I'd rather not dance with the dead again, these are "extenuating circumstances." A local weapon shop can supply me with plenty of items to make it a little less dangerous, but I'd better be careful. Rumor also has it that these ghouls & ghosties aren't like any I've faced before.

So happy taffing & please direct questions/comments to this thread

Download links:
    Cheap Thief Missions
    The Circle
    KoMaG
    TTLG.de
    Darklurker

The 'THIEF: REVELATION' campaign for T2.
    Quick navigation:

Bloodsport
    Dyers' Eve (thread currently viewing)
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 5th Sep 2012 at 11:41. Reason: updated links

Taking a break

I tried downloading it, but only got 66k before it quit!

!@#$)(!@&#$!!! that's right, people have had problems with that before. Can I email it to you or something?

izzit T1/G or T2?

T2, but of course

Thiefmissions.com

For those having trouble downloading, I put it up on my site last night.
    - J<

Just played through twice, both on easy (right before bedtime...THAT was a good idea) and on hard (no kidding on the difficulty there) this morning...very cool!

[bravado]Once I got into an established groove (or a rut, depending on your worldview) with putting the bad guys/howling undead things away, the jitters went away. Sort of.[/bravado]

Anyway, I'm about to play on nuckin' futs...pray for whatever's left of my soul.

Spoiler:
    Still puzzling over that curious little door in the graveyard...hmmm...

{EDIT: damn damn damn back slashes and forward slashes! Why can I not keep them straight!?!}

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: Silver Sorrow ]

Same here; I never did figure that little door in the graveyard when I beta-tested. It was kind of humiliating.

So, did anybody like my female zombie that hits on Garrett voice? Huh, huh? Didja? C'mon, diiidjaaaa? *eager expression*

[ October 19, 2001: Message edited by: Wynne ]

If you want to know how to open that door, look here:
    Spoiler:
    There is a pressure plate on the opposite side of the graveyard from the door you can see in the rockface. (It's in the ground beside a crypt.) You have to have something to weight it down, because it won't stay open unless the pressure plate stays depressed.

Heheh yes, that
    Spoiler:
    little door in the graveyard
    is a tricky little number, but to put your mind at ease
    Spoiler:
    it has absolutely no relevance to the game whatsoever and is just there for gag/stress releif value in light of current events.

Spoiler:
    I don't get the shed blood for Azrael thing. I spilled blood in front of that statue and the talisman won't come down. What am I missing?

Spoiler:
    AH, but the trick is, you have to shed your OWN blood by your own hand. Search the sanctuary for a sacred item.

Spoiler:
    And where's that explosive device? I've been all over the place. Hint please?

Cool mission, by the way. And Wynne, cool female zombie voices!
    "Stand back where I can mock thee, villain!"

Lars -
    Spoiler:
    Look for a flour can that you can pick up in the flooded basement, over by the table. It's on the floor beside it.

Spoiler:
    I've found a can, but I can't pick it up! Neither can I pick up the air talisman after it's landed. Has anyone else experienced this?
    "Stand back where I can mock thee, villain!"

For Lars,

Spoiler:

There are 4 cans either on or near that table in the basement, you can only grab one of them.

I also couldn't pick up any of the talismans until I crouched down directly over them while looking directly at them.

Now, could someone help me out.

Spoiler:

I can't open one of the submerged doors in the basement, it's locked but I can't pick it and the only key (red) that I've found, doesn't work. I'm guessing the talisman of water is behind that door.

Spoiler:
    The key to the water Talisman room is on a dead guard in one of the rooms.

Spoiler:
    If you mean the door at the far end of the corrider, just opposite where the dead guard with the key is, it IS pickable, or at least should be. Remember, you float upwards in water unless you're moving so you have to stay close to it to pick it, but it's just a supply room.

I had problems DL this one as well. I've been using the DL managing tool, Get right. It did stall on me a few times, and just hit resume, and away it went. For those stubborn DL's folks, try get right! And get it right everytime!! http://www.getright.com
    Gee, I know that just reaked didn't it, but it does work!

Ok i am playing dyer's Eve and have collected all the talismans and gone all the way upstairs and seen the portal. Even tho one female zombie still exists and wants to kiss me and get in the ground for her pleasures-I am out of holy water to settle her desires=)
    What the heck do i do with a door having a pressure plate that reveals a statue and closes behind therafter and i keep going upstairs and downstairs dodging the sexy zombie who wants me and i want to get thru that portal.
    Can anyone comment here for the next couple of moves.
    ♠ĘλŁΔŞΣλŁ

nope, I am at a loss there too. Actually, if someone could help out this witless wonder on this little issue:

Spoiler:
    I have shot every type of arrow in every direction, and I can still not get the portal to open. What am I doing wrong?

Spoiler:
    Whack the zombie till she falls down. Then just don't get close again. Find the secret room near the keep library for instructions on how to open the portal.

Spoiler:
    The portal seal is based on the four elements ie T1. You need to counter each element with its oppsite at the side of the portal from which each seal eminates:
    Water=blue
    Earth=Green
    Air=White
    Fire=Orange

Shoot a moss arrow where the white particles are coming from, a gas arrow where the green particles are coming from, a water arrow where the orange particles are coming from and a fire arrow where the blue particles are coming from.

maybe that is the problem.

Spoiler:
    where are these particles? I don't see any in the portal room. (Other then the portal is) and, when I shot a moss arrow at the lights on the floor, I fall and die. Is that suppose to happen? If so, cool effect.

It took me a heck of a long time to figure out the portal, too.

Spoiler:

I'm not sure what the correct method was, but I used a rope arrow to climb up on the ledge and then I got in each corner and shot an arrow at the portal. The arrow I shot was the "opposite" of the color in the corner I was standing in. Anyway, it was fairly confusing since the letter didn't make it clear whether opposite meant the element in the opposite direction or the actual opposite element. Plus, the corners werent perfectly lined up N, S, E, and W, and the elements on the ceiling made it even more confusing. When you shoot the correct arrow, some of the particles moving across the portal will disappear.

The wierd thing with the moss arrow happened to me as well. I shot a moss arrow on the floor right beneath me and I started falling until I went splat. It's very similar to what happens when you jump through the portal to finish the mission except you just get mission complete instead of a splat.

I never figured out the statue behind the automatic double sliding doors. Did it have a purpose? Also, was there a way to open the front doors of the temple?

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast