TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - The Karrassinian Threat (Oct 23rd, 2001)

I just finished this one and it's a good one, but it's very difficult on expert level, and this is one mission where a map would have really come in handy -- I had a heck of a time finding my way around the maze-like streets of the city. There was also a strange technical problem: After a saved game is restored, many of the black haunt corpses float in mid-air! But all in all, it's well worth the download. Thanks, pbucko.

Thanks for that.

I had checked in there, but not right in that corner!!

However, I'm stuck again, and feeling really thick. I'm now trying to get into the Cathedril, took out the three guards outside, only to find that there is no obvious entrance. I can see a balcony, but no obvious place to shoot a rope arrow. Any further help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

T.

Spoiler:
    You need to look for the tower(around the corner, just before you get to the drunk standing in the Red Light District)and look up. There's a beam sticking out over a window. You can't get into that window, it's too small, but if you climb up and jump over to the archway roof to the right, you'll see another window you CAN get into.

Agan my thanks, nightwalker...

I've finnished the mission now, and it was a corker.

Spoiler:
    Ummm where is the jail? Apparently I've been goin about this all wrong, I already went into the cathedral & brough out the skullfaced black baddies, but I'm yet to find Layne, the jail, or this key?

Spoiler:
    Close to the beginning, when you get to the spot where you climb out of the water and listen to the two guards having an argument, you need to go through the archway to the spot where the guards were standing, through the gate that the one guard goes through and you are facing a door with a lockbox beside it. That is Layne's workshop. To get the key, proceed west up the and you'll end up in an open town area. Go to your right around the roundish building and around the back, across to your left is a open doorway leading to another passageway. Follow it down and you'll end up in front of the jail. I hope that's not too confusing. Trying to describe where things are in this mission is a real challenge.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    For the jail, you can also listen to the conversation, in the area described, between the whore and the guard. Once their finished the whore will be taken to the jail by the guard and you can follow them.

How come I'm the only one who can't find the Cultivator? Can anyone tell me where it is? I think that's the only objective left.

I also had this experience. Can someone confirm that it's supposed to happen like this?
    Spoiler:
    I somehow got on top of the cathedral and looked in through those holes. Then I heard some something happen inside and maybe an explosion. Then there were all those skull faced guys all over town.

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: NickD ]

NickD-
    Spoiler:
    If you start in the corner where the drunk stands, just at the beginning of the "Red Light" district, and go around the corner and look up, you'll see a beam protruding from a tower. There is a window below it, but it's a little too small to get into. Rope arrow up anyway, but jump to your right onto the mossy roof of the arch, walk around to the other side of the tower and you'll find a bigger window you can get into. The cultivator is down in there. The thing with the explosions is supposed to happen when you're inside the Cathedral getting the Cultivator. I suspect you just accidentally triggered it from up above, by being too close to the spot that triggers it inside.

BANNED

This is the best mission I've ever played, fan made or official.

The story and the use of objectives is excellent. I'd venture to say this single mission is equal to any 3 missions put together.

Great job, PBucko!

Help with Karrassinian Threat... and..

If anyone knows how to escape the mission, please let me know. I've got all the other objectives, but i don't know what is meant by'leave using the sea defense system'. All I know is, I have been to the pump room, and flipped the switch on the little console thing, and also the large lever outside. On a side not, I HATE it when FMs have switches that do something that is invisible/inaudible when you press it, without giving you a clue as to what it does. I know I have switched off one of the pumps, because I can see only one working, but the I have no clue as to what the big lever does, and I have seen my boat, but can not get to it. I guess there mut be more than one way out, if you read the objective. I'd like to know if anyone else has any pet 'hates' in FMs.

I think you've misread the objective. It doesn't say to leave using the Sea Defence stations, it just says to "make it possible to leave using the Sea Defence stations". It sounds like you've only found one of them. If you want to read more, highlight:
    Spoiler:
    Inside the first station, you should have found a key for a second one. I think it's labelled "Power room" or something similar. You need to find the other station and hit the switch there and then the objective will tick off. After that, you just have to make your way back to the beginning area and stand beside the boat window and the mission should end. I think you can also go to the area at the end of the moat that has a ruined boat in it, but I haven't tried that out myself. If you don't know where to look for the second Sea Defense station, go to a spot not far from the Red Light District where there is a guard standing in an alcove with water behind him. Don't go in there, but just past him there is another short set of steps down to another flooded passageway. That leads to a room with headstones in it. Above it you will see some red lit windows. That's the second power station and to get up there, just mantle up onto the headstone, rope arrow into the ceiling and jump over.

I'm pretty sure there were clues that gave you an idea of what the switches were for, though I kind of expected the outside trench to flood or something.

I've done enough beta testing to know that it is very difficult to make things clear enough for everyone without making it TOO easy. Everyone thinks differently and what may be crystal clear to one person is as clear as mud to someone else. The creators of these missions, generally, try their very best to provide enough information without giving too much away. I hope the information in the spoiler helps you out.

Thanks for your help. I just played it some more and guessed there would be another power station and a key (though I haven't found the key, I looked around the letter and table) and also that I only have to make it possible to use the sea defens stations. Then I read your post [erg] Still, the directions should come in handy, and youre right - it can't be easy to get clues just right for everybody. Thanks for replying.

Karrasinian Threat Help Needed

Sorry, it seems I posted this to the Editors Guild. Didn't realize there was a separate place for FM players here.

My question is, how does one get over the city walls? The only place I was able to get close was on top of the signpost, but it was still no cigar. In fact, Garrett had a heart attack up there. Leave it to me to find a bug.

Thanks.

Trexx

If you are playing on Hard or Expert, which it sounds like you are -
    Spoiler:
    Go all the way around to the far side and you'll see a small building right up against the city wall. Break the side window and you'll see some buttons on the far wall. Use an arrow to hit the top one.

Nightwalker, thanks so much. Getting in through the window was my first thought, but I missed the buttons. I'm off my game.

Trexx

City Access Key in "The Karrassinian Threat"

Is there another way of getting the city access key other than luring the guard out from behind the locked gate and pick-pocketing/KO'ing him? I tried following the lead about the guard that likes to visit his lady friend but I couldn't find anything.

BTW, have you noticed that just about everyone spells "Karrassinian" differently? When looking for this FM's forum threads, I gave up and started using "Threat" as my search term instead.

There is another copy of the key.
    Spoiler:
    It's in the Hotel. It's lying on the floor in front of the door to Room #4 and inside the room is the guard that was referred to in the note you saw and he's with his lady friend.

In the mission readme file the "official" spelling is thus:

THE KARRASSINIAN THREAT

The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Thanks Nightwalker.
    Spoiler:
    I walked by that door several times but it was so non-descript that I never thought it was the entrance to the inn or even to try opening it.

Karassinian Threat (help needed)

Hello,

Please let me know how I can get into the Hammerite cathedral to get the cultivator. I'm not able to find any issue to enter. I went to the flooden area, jump on the graveyard and went above to the places with the pumps, but I found nothing there.

Thanks.

labrekk

There is a window with a wooden ledge in the tower (walk around the building you will see it) which is to the left of the doors which are closed by wooden planks and guarded by 2 guards. Just shot the arrow and climb to get inside, you are in for a BIG surprise.

Thanks for the tip. I have now finished this fine mission.

labrekk

stitch_

Karrassinian Threat: Taff this!

I just finished Karrassinian Threat on Hard mode and damn was it scary and challenging. The hardest part was trying to get back to the boat at the end. I totally forgot how to get back so I had to find my way onto the rooftops of the city and taff around til i could drop back over the wall onto the shack at the very begining. I dont think thats how its supposed to be done, anyway has anyone else made it onto the roofs? Its a great way to get around after that stuff happens

Karassinian Threat

I just noticed that, although I have not yet found Layne, I have a key dubbed "Layne's Key." I am worried that I inadvertantly blackjacked Layne. Can anyone tell me where Layne is and if it is not a bad sign that I have his key?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast