TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - The Karrassinian Threat (Oct 23rd, 2001)

If you haven't been in Layne's house, then you haven't met up with Layne yet. Layne lost his key when he was arrested.

Great! Thanks for your help.

More help needed with Karassinian Threat

After reading about people having difficulty even getting in the city on the harder levels I decided to play on easy; I am not finding it easy at all. I have managed to take out everyone with three exceptions: The two archers towards the beginning; The patrons at the tavern; the guards at the Hammerite temple. I have been in the church tower and retrieved the Cultivator; I have inspected the tavern; I have been in the bell tower; I even visited the North side briefly (no key for the door in the water); but I have not managed to find Layne's house or successfully enter the North side. I assume that there is a reason that I have all these rope arrows (6), but, so far, I have only used them to get into the church tower. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've only played this one on Easy once, but I seem to remember that you have the key to Layne's place in your inventory at the start. If you do, then you have to go to the alleyway from the square with the Tavern that leads down to the waterway where you climbed out when you first entered the city. (You heard a fight between the two guards. At least I think you still do it that way on Easy.) In that alleyway, there's a door with a lockbox beside it. That's the door to Layne's rooms.

Mmmmm I love this FM!! Playing it again now!!

It is definitely one of those FM's you shoud go back to!!

I highly recommend playing this one on the higher difficulty levels as well. One piece of advice: go easy on blackjacking the town's AI's; 'nuff said.

Thanks, Nightwalker. As soon as I posted my plea I found it. I had thought that door was the door to the prison and blew it off. I went back and played it on hard and expert; it was awesome.

No, blackjack them all! It's the only way to save their lives.
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Originally posted by Yametha
    No, blackjack them all! It's the only way to save their lives.
    Yes, leave them all standing! It's the best way to save YOUR life. (Well, maybe blackjack the civilians.)

I assume all of you are referring to
    spoiler:
    the two haunts in the town square
    It was a ton of fun to Back stab one of em and then run like hell back to the tavern where the Hammerite beat it to death and then went calmly back to his ale. LOL.

You'd let them die? Really?
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Originally posted by Yametha
    You'd let them die? Really?
    Hey, Garrett looks out for Garrett. He's not bound by Asimov's Laws of Robotics.

Actually, though,
    spoiler:
    the first time I played, it was on Expert and I was minimizing KO's as a style thing. The full-scale Mechanist attack took me by surprise and I was glad for extra "allies." The armed townspeople did pretty well for themselves; after all, that's what they're paid to do. The ones around the cathedral defeated all of the Mechanists there, even the robot (the Hammer bashed it to death or maybe it blew itself up.)
    Last edited by Norman Druart; 25th Mar 2002 at 23:25.

karrassinian threat

I have done all the things I need to do but get info on the threat, hints anyone? And what is with all the floating baddies?

Floating baddies?? I'm not sure what you mean. As for the information you need, look
    spoiler:
    behind the bed in Layne's rooms. You have to jump right up on it and check down between it and the wall.

RE: Floating Baddies?...Yeah Nightwalker, it'a a cool thing to see. I've encounter this same thing myself.

Spoiler:
    If you don't mess with the City Watch and leave them all standing, when the Skull Faces arrive they fight with City Watch and those that get 86ed their dead bodies float in the air. I'ts a fun battle to watch from a distance because the Chidren will arrive on scene and start lobbing grenades and take everything out thats left standing....

Karrassinian Threat

Got problems! (As usual) 1. In the flooded room with headstones, I cannot mantle up on them. Why? Mantleing just doesn't seem to work there. Have I missed something? I have pulled the switches in the first power room. 2. I still can't find the inventor although I have been in his workshop and found the headless body. Is that him? If so it doesn't check off. 3. I am also missing information about the threat. Where do you find it? 4. Is it necessary to go into the cathedral? We are playing on the middle level and it is not an objective. We got in but couldn't seem to get out. Thoroughly frustrated at this point.
    Last edited by Lynx67; 8th Apr 2002 at 23:47.

1. Try mantling in the window alcove

spoiler:
    The body is the inventor but you dont know that until you read something close by, have a look upstairs for a hidden switch that opens a hidden door then search closely in the new hidden room

3. The information is close to 2 above

4. The main events of the mission take place in the cathedral, once in you should eventually be able to leave through the doors
    spoiler:
    after getting in through the window
    , on level 1 these events dont occur but on 2 & 3 they do, I think! even though I created the mission.

Cheers for playing

The Karrassinian Threat help

I have actually completed this very good FM on hard but I have a couple of queries;

1. I picked up a cog from the first water pump station. Does it do anything?

2. Next to the lookout tower by the Cathedral are a set of iron gates that don't open behind them is a locked metal door? There there a key for it or does it only open on expert level?

Karrasinian Threat Help

OK...been at this for about 2hours. Can't find my contact in the SE part of the city. Just lots of Mech Haunts?? and lots of dead bodies. Been everywhere I can think. Figure I won't be able to find the information until I find my contact. There is a purple door with a side lock box very close to where you enter the city. Can't get that door open with any of the 8 or so keys I have.

????????????????????????????????????

SlyFoxx

The key you need is
    spoiler:
    in the jail, down in the basement cell. It's lying on the floor and is quite hard to spot. There are some flares on a shelf on the main floor that help.

That lockbox is important. Have you been in the police station yet? On the harder levels, you should have a hint in the letter that you have at the beginning, if memory serves.

Simultaneous posting with Nightwalker. Jinx!

Karassinian threat; how do I enter the city??

I'm kind of embarrased... I'm right at the start of Karassinian threat (T2) and I have no idea how to enter the city. Help?

-Burt

Simply walk near the gate and you'll hear "Open the gate!"
    Then cross the drawbridge to gate house put down the lever at the right of the gate

It only works that way on the easy setting, fak. Burt, you didn't state what difficulty setting you're playing on. On Hard and Expert,
    spoiler:
    you have to find a building that's build up against the town wall, over on the far side of the grounds. If you look in the window, you'll see a button (s?)on the far wall. Use a broadhead.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 17th Jul 2002 at 08:44.

And BTW, I highly recommend playing this one on Expert; trust me, it's worth it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast