TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - The Karrassinian Threat (Oct 23rd, 2001)

If I'm reading your post right, you can't find Layne's Workshop? It's
    spoiler:
    very close to the spot where you first climb out of the water, once you're inside the city walls. There's a small courtyard, with a passageway off of it that goes down to the town square. There's a door there that has a lockbox beside it. That's Layne's workshop, but on Hard, you'll need to find the key. Have you got it yet? If you don't, it's in the jail, down in the basement cell area, lying on the floor. A torch is useful to help find it, because it's quite dark down there.

Aha! So THAT'S what that is! Duh, I shoulda known, the only door that I can't unlock yet is the one I have to go into. Yup, I did find that. Thank you!

Now I have a really dumb question, and there's no way to ask it without looking really stupid, so out with it: where's the jail?? Man, I wish this mission had a map.
    Interrogation Technologist,
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

Go up the passageway from Layne's door to the town square, turn to your right. Over in that direction, there should be a passageway that slants down. Follow it to the end and you'll be in a small square and the police station is there.

You're so nice, Nightwalker. You always answer my dumb questions without laughing.
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

Okay Nightwalker, I am hopelessly clueless, what can I say?
    I still can't find this jail.
    I walked out of the building with Layne's door in it--there's a big nasty mech guarding it but he's facing a closed wooden gate. I guess I gotta go back to 1st grade here and ask where the town square is, because I feel like I've looked everywhere and haven't seen any other passages. What other buildings are near it?
    I'm sorry to be so dense, but I am really at a loss here to know where to go when obviously everyone including my cat could figure it out. Arrgh, not a good week. Please show your usual mercy, thank you

Also, a somewhat less idiotic question:

spoiler:
    In the flooded Hammerite church, is there anything I can do in there? I picked the lock on the gate and walked around, but I couldn't fire a rope arrow at the ceiling because I couldn't climb up on anything to get out of the water. Is there anything in there?
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

My directions weren't too specific and I should have put in more detail because the passageway down to the jail can be hard to spot. Okay, here we go:

Find Layne's door and go west up the passageway to where it ends. Go out, turn to your right (N) and hug that wall. It's a tower wall, so it's round. Follow it all the way around until you are facing a wall. In the wall to your left there should be the doorway into a downsloping passageway. That leads down to the jail.

As for the flooded church, if I recall correctly, there's only some loot lying around. I don't recall being able to get anywhere else from there.

I hate this...

OK, I must be the densest person alive, but I just am not finding this. First, let me make sure that Layne's door is what I think it is:

spoiler:
    Is it the metal door with the lockbox next to it, in the meeting hall guarded by the big red and silver mech? And when I lean through the door (yeah, I know, I'm not supposed to be able to do this), I see an open area with a passageway to my right and another down some steps? And there's a metal gate down in front of the door?

If this is the right door, when I go west from there, there's just a little dead-end sitting room. If I go the other way, I'm on the upper level of the building and then if I go down a ramp, I can either exit the building or to the east I can go down a hall that leads to a small courtyard with nothing in it but a barrel and a tree.

I'm so sorry. I just hate to leave a mission unfinished, but I think I am more lost than ever.
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

LOL! Don't feel badly. This is one mission that would have it would REALLY have been nice to have an automap for (or any map for that matter). It doesn't sound like you're in the right place for Layne's door, though.

Okay, do you remember where you first came up inside the city walls. You should have heard an argument between two guards in a little courtyard. If you climbed out of the water, you could go into the little courtyard, then through a gate and into a short passageway. Layne's door is on that passageway. I can't remember exactly what buildings are out on the square, so I'll have to go look. I'll get back as soon as I can.

OH MY GOSH...this is really scary, but I know exactly what you're talking about! It was all my fault for not paying better attention earlier in the thread, when you talked about where I first got out of the water is near where I have to go. I got so hung up on this other door and that's what got me screwed up. OK, I'm off then. I'll update when I finally see it (o happy day).

Oh, and THANKS for the 9 zillionth time.
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

NIGHTWALKER. Your patience has been rewarded. I actually found my way out of a paper bag!...I mean, to Layne's workshop!
    oops, I forgot to ask if you were sitting down

It was that dumb door with the lockbox that was making me get stuck...dang thing is a completely useless door, too...@#$%%^ hehe
    Your forbearance and explanatory skills are, as always, greatly appreciated. Thanks, now off to get that boat!
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

BANNED

The Karrasinian Threat

Wow! A great mission! I loved the haunts killing the guard. I'm a little stuck.. what do I need to do? I'm in the city walls, but can't find how you 'find out what the threat is' or 'find Layne'. Can anyone help me find Layne?

He's in his workshop, which is very close to where you climbed out of the water, just after you enter the city. It's in a passageway that leads up to the town square and there's a lockbox on the wall beside the door. If you're playing on Hard or Expert, you first need to go find the key to his rooms. It's down in the lower level of the jail, lying on the floor. It's a little hard to find, so a flare is a big help.

Once you get into his rooms, make sure you jump up on the bed and look down behind it.

BANNED
    Whats the town square?

The one with the bar (tavern,whatever) on it.

man oh man, the ambient sounds in this mission were REALLY pants wetting, lol.
    The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his

BANNED
    Originally posted by Lord Garrett
    man oh man, the ambient sounds in this mission were REALLY pants wetting, lol.

One 'improvement' they should have made is made the 'Haunts' have the haunt voice. And sounds with shackels and the like.

indeed, i would have totally been creeped after that
    The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his

Karrasinian threat

Hey,
    I'm playing a mission I have enjoyed so far, but now I'm stuck.
    I've been searching through old threads here but can't seem to find one that answers my question.
    I have found Layne, knocked out almost every guard, but I can't find that darn cultivator in the cathedral (which is sealed off). I'm just walking around in a soon deserted city and trying to rope myself to new places. I read something about some haunts in a earlier thread, but I haven't encountered any.

Any help, please?

- mostly

Its been awhile since I played, but I believe you have the right idea. I could be wrong but..

spoiler:
    Look for a spot to use your rope arrows. If your infront of the cathredral facing it, go around the corner to the left and look up. On the buildind next to it you should be able to use a rope arrow. Then climb up and ledge hop so you can jump in the open window of the cathredral tower.

Im pretty sure Im right. Nightwalker can verify this Im sure.

Sting

That sounds about right, Stingm. The place where you rope arrow up is
    spoiler:
    right at the end of the Red Light district, where you go around through a covered archway to get to the front of the Church. There's a window with a beam sticking out over it. That particular window is too small to get in, but if you rope arrow up, you can jump to the archway roof on your right. Go around the tower on the roof and look up when you're around at the far side. There's another beam sticking out over a slightly larger window. That's where you get in.

There is another way to access the cathedral which also provides a handy escape when it hits the fan. Gather all the crates you can find (I had 6) from around town.
    Take them to the low wall at the side of the cathedral and stack two high to enable you to mantle up onto the wall. If you drop some more inside the garden you can also surreptitiously exit this way. Alternatively, you can use a fire arrow to open the boarded up hole next to the wall and drop into the flooded tunnels to leave (open this before you grab the cultivator!). Once you are inside the wall, just enter by the back door and lift the cultivator.

Thanks!
    Just finished the mission now. Couldn't do it without you.

And now on to a new one

- mostly

can't find information on threat

Hello

I can't find any information about the threat . I think I've looked all over the place, but haven't managed to find it. I've completed all other objectives on this mission except that one...

Have you found
    spoiler:
    Layne's bedroom? You have to smash the boxes in the workshop upstairs and frob the wall torch in the space behind them. This opens the bedroom door, underneath the stairs. Jump up on the bed and look down between the top of it and the wall for a scroll. Read it and leave the room. The objective should tick off.

Have you found
    spoiler:
    Layne's bedroom? You have to smash the boxes in the workshop upstairs and frob the wall torch in the space behind them. This opens the bedroom door, underneath the stairs. Jump up on the bed and look down between the top of it and the wall for a scroll. Read it and leave the room. The objective should tick off.
    So there was a second scroll in there.
    I just found the one telling you to get that cultivator and thought that was it . Thanks for the help.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast