TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Careless Hand

Careless Hand

I got as far as the sewer went under water looked for a switch but all I see is the grate and a dead end.

Footpad

"There Is No Honor Among Thieves!!"

I think you may be going the wrong way. This one is a little foggy, because I've only played it once, but when you go into the sewers, turn left and you'll get to a ladder up to a mansion. Have you been there yet? Well, at the bottom of the ladder, mantle up into a hole on the east side, over top of a pile of bones. That will take you to an elevator.

This one is a bit tricky but I really had fun with it.

I got past that part like you said and then I go in this small tunnel and the floor keeps breaking in front of me. Any help on this one.

Footpad

Is that the part where you're in a low-roofed tunnel and you can see a gem on the far side of the floor that breaks? Don't waste your time on that part. You can't get over there. I even e-mailed the author to ask, because I figured if there was loot over there, then there must be a way but he said you can't. Look around elsewhere and if you're still stuck, post again.

Heh..well, I'm playing this one at the moment, too, and I'm stuck a bit further into the mission...

I've gone through the tunnels you've talked about and have found the golden skull and Figo's key....but where do I go now? Maybe I'm missing a switch or lock or something in the dark areas, but I've been all over the place several times and I'm completely clueless.. I can't find the talisman, nor can I open the sewer covers or doors I've come across (although the doors appear to be just decoration anyway since they don't make a noise or anything when I try to open them)...and there's one path I haven't been through that's blocked by a wooden beam...

Well, I hope that's enough of a description for you to realize where I am....

(p.s. I'm playing on expert... I beat it on normal, apparently due to a glitch..heh The talisman goal oddly checked off at the same time as the "get into the sewer" goal did on that difficulty level even though I didn't have the talisman..)

In the section with all the green tunnels, there is a door that figos key opens (its up a ladder) and inside here is a key to another door, this is the engineers key, this second room is at the exact opposite end of the sewers as the first door to the north of the map where the first door is a the southern most point of the sewers with the green tunnels.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: pbucko ]

Are you just on the far side of the area with the burricks? If so, look for a hole in the floor that you can climb down through. There are two of them in different rooms. At the end of these, there are spots where you can mantle back up. It can be difficult, because they're just a little too high, but you can do it.(The second time I played this, I brought a box with me from the storage room at the beginning and then it was easy.) That will get you into the Talisman area.

Thanks for the help! I beat it this morning. I actually just kept missing the little entrance to the "green tunnels".. I kept standing at the big entrance with the piece of wood blocking it wondering how in the hell I was supposed to get in there..heh But after you said I had to go to the green tunnels, I looked harder, found the entrance, and..well...the end of that mission definitely isn't a breeze, but I made it through fairly quickly (except for the fact that after reaching the end, I had to go all the way back to collect more loot..d'oh)...

Tough mission...definitely not recommended for newbies :^) A good challenge for more experienced players, though....

Hey! Nightwalker had to leave town on business. I just got back and I ran right to my machine I am stuck the two doors on the left and right do not open and the only way is through that tunnel where the drops the floor out from under you. Help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Footpad

If you're talking about the tunnel you have to crawl through on the 2nd floor, you can't get through..and I think the only thing you can see on the other side is a gem anyway... You have to take the elevator down to the floor below... If you need any more help, this one's fresh in my memory now, so just reply with a few more specifics of where you're stuck...

I have been there I saw one small spider and the other side is a large sewer door that does not frob. How do you get through it.

Thank you

Footpad

Forget It !! I found it anyway, I cannot believe it was right above me in the next chamber with the one spider.

Thanks anyway!!

Footpad

"There Is No Honor Among Theives!!" [Thumbs Up!] [Thumbs Up!]

I got the key from Figo went up the sewer ladder to last platform, and now I'm at a pit with a door on the otherside. I have no rope arrows for the wood beam in the ceiling. I even went back to Figo and I did find a Gold Skull that I missed but no rope arrows. Any clue?

Thanks

Footpad

"There Is No Honor Among Theives!!"

I'm sure I had a rope arrow. Did you leave one behind someplace?? I don't think you can get past there without it. If you left it behind when you first descended into the sewers, there is a ladder somewhere down there that takes you right up to town, behind the town hall, I think, so you could go back and retrieve your arrow.

I went and got it I left it in the wooden beam of the collapsing floor in the begining. Anyway I finished this part I got to the area where I killed two zombies pulled the lever, but now the door in fron with the haunt patroling back and forth will not open. Any help!!

Thank you

Footpad

"ThereIs No Honor Among Thieves!!"

You can't get through any doors from that area. The mission should end right after you walk through the gate past the zombies. Do you have all your other objectives ticked off? The first time I did this mission, I got to this spot and realized I was short on loot and I had to go all the way back to the town to find more. If you have all your other objectives ticked off, try walking up the side passages. Mine ended when I walked up towards the door at the end of the passageway on the right.

I have not found the Talismin of fire, boy I really messed this one up. Any Clues.

Thanks for all your help.

Footpad

Spoiler:
    Its in the large pyramid room in the centre of the sewers, you need to to rope arrow up into one of the yellow passageways, a spider is guarding the takisman

Ok, here's the deal:

I'm just behind the town hall, next to the gate with the Haunt noises coming from it. I have 1147 loot (53 short) and all objectives but loot, "reach the old west city" and "no kills" completed.

I have not encountered any zombies. How do I get through the gate, and is there 300 loot on the other side, or have I missed some?

You'll probably find enough loot to finish in the final area, as long as you haven't already been there and not realized it, because your loot was short, still. That's what I did the first time I played this mission.

You can't get through the gate behind city hall. You have to go back down to the sewers past where you found the fire talisman, use Figo's key to get the Engineer's Key and then use the Engineer's Key to open a door that leads to the "old west city". Since you say you haven't seen any zombies yet, I presume you haven't actually been there, in which case there's still 100g. in loot to find on the way.

Thiefmissions.com

When I "finished" this mission, I was exactly one "loot unit" short. One. I went back and looked for more loot but I never did find any. I clicked the "finished" box in Darkloader anyway.
    - J<

I found enough to finish, though I couldn't find all the available loot. I think I missed about 200 somewhere.

Thanks for the help! Looks like I hadn't found the Engineer's Key door. I located two more pieces of loot - a candlestick next to the Haunt (50), and a ring under the body covered with the bee swarm (100). That was enough to complete the mission.