TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Smuggler's Request (1 Jun, 2001)

I'm assuming you mean the one mentioned that leads to the Evidence Lockers?
    Spoiler:
    It is available on Hard. Do you have the Lift + Cell key? If you do go through the door at the back of the jail that you couldn't access on Easy and go down to the room surrounded by skulls. Frob the skull that lights up to open the door. Inside, jump up on the bed and frob the skull over the bed. That should get you started.
    I hope that's what you needed.

PLAYING ON EASY!!!!..... the only ogjective i cannot fulfull is getting my equipment back!!!!!......i got everthing out of the weapons room but there are still doors i cannot open and evryone i knocked out!!!!!....where are my weapons then?????

Originally posted by nubetaffer:
    PLAYING ON EASY!!!!..... the only ogjective i cannot fulfull is getting my equipment back!!!!!......i got everthing out of the weapons room but there are still doors i cannot open and evryone i knocked out!!!!!....where are my weapons then?????
    Spiders....spiders.. good enough hint ?

Can you please tell me how you open the weapon room?
    and how to get to the ship ?

To open the weapons room and to progress to the ship, you have to have keys. You can only get to the ship on the two harder difficulties. If you want more of a hint on how to get the keys, read here
    Spoiler:
    go into the jail cell with the chest in it, let the doors close and find another way out!

nubetaffer- Did you ever get the new objective about getting your weapons out of the weapons room, or have you still got the original one about the sewers? If you have, then go back to the main sewer room (with the door close to where you begin) and go UP.
    If not, then try what jupiter hinted at. If you aren't sure what he means highlight here
    Spoiler:
    There is a sword and the Inn key on the central pedestal where the big spider stands in the sewers. Maybe you need to get it to fulfil the objective.

SPOILER] i read the sign on the wall of the room in the gaurdhouse that said the weapons had been taken but i never received a new objective...now everyone i dead and i am runing around looking everywhere....i already have the weapons from the weapons room though........ [/SPOILER]

Nope, that's not it. Read here:
    Spoiler:
    You need to go back to the sewer room with the gate near where you started. There is a note on the table and right beside it are 2 rope arrows. Use the rope arrow to climb up onto the rafters and go to the platform with the broken arrows on it. Read the note there. I've never done it out of order, so I hope it still works for you. You should get a new objective, but since you've already got your weapons, it should immediately tick off.

Cylinder

question on Smuggler's (maybe spoilers)

I've gotten all the way into the guard house (ive been to the spider cave and read the stolen weapon area message) but I haven't found a key to all the doors in the guard house. I've been trying to make my way through the mess hall by putting out the lights but I have just enough arrows and can't afford to miss. I need to know if I have missed a key somewhere behind me or if I am on the right track. I've been to the bedroom above the bar and got the gold from the safe, but there was no key.

Thanks.

JA

You're on the right track. You'll find keys in awhile.

RiCh,

Excellent mission! You say it's your first mission. What a great show for a first mission. Have you made missions or levels for other games? (I used to make Doom levels, and some Quake levels - but nothing really since then).

This was a very long and tough mission. But it stayed interesting the entire time. Had a good story and a good level layout.

Anyway, here's my ending stats (Expert):
    5h 51m 26s
    3157 of 3977 Gold
    7 of 11 secrets
    5 killed (Blue Coats!!!)

As you can see, I may need to go back in and try to pick more pockets and find more gold.

5 Blue Coats killed!? Here's the story: After I finished the ship, I discovered I had forgotten to free the ship's captain. So I worked my way back to City Watch. Well, I got spotted. Next thing you know, four cops are chasing me as I am running to the bottom end of the City Watch shipping/receiving elevator. And there was already a cop standing by it (he had walked there earlier, ostensibly to take that gal to a cell - and I had already knocked her out earlier).

Well, he hears my running approach with the other cops shouting and in pursuit, and as I get on the elevator and hit the [up] button, he manages to get on it too! So up we both go up. He didn't attack me (acted as if he didn't see me but was aware of my presence).

So at the top, I got off and hit the [down] button. He managed to stay in mid-air while the elevator dropped below him.

Unfortunately, all four cops below had unluckily gotten themselves under the descending elevator, and were crushed! The fifth cop? That was the one in mid-air. After a few moments, he suddenly FELL! He died on impact. What a laugh all that was! I loved it - though I'm not sure if it "should" have happened.

One question: In "Thomas 'Headchopper' Brown"'s room, I could not figure out how to close the secret book-case door. Frobbing same skull didn't close it. I know I didn't need to close it, but in the spirit of the game, I wanted to close all the secret doors, to "cover my tracks", and not make it obvious the secrets had been discovered and used, or that it was a thief that found them.

Also, the torture area was pretty darn large (actually, massive) for its purpose. Doesn't seem like anyone would put in the kind of construction effort imparted into that area just for a few holding cells and a toruture chamber. But that's a nitpick.

Overal, a top quality, long and very interesting level.

Great Job RiCh!

Cheers,
    Martek

One of the things I learned about this mission playing the second time around, is how delightful it is to get the bluecoats out of the way. You can get them to chase you various rooms and doors then lock them in! I locked 4 of them into smuggler's house. That was a LOAD of fun. Reminds me of one of the things that was so fun about Bloodsport, where you could lock the guards into the jail cells. Did the mission designer plan this, knowing how much fun it was to do?

Great story Martek, I'm going 2 have to go and try that now . No I've never made a level 4 any other game, I've only had a computer for a few years and Thief 1 was one of the 1st games I played. But I am working (slowly) on a new mission for T2 and I hope to have it in a beta state in about a month or so. I never had any1 beta test my first but I have some good beta testers onboard to iron out any problems b4 I release it.
    as for the secret book case I don't think you can close it after its opened sorry! If I make an update I'll make sure you can close it after you.

As for your comments Bruny I did try and make so you could lock some of the gaurds in certain rooms I personally like luring the 2 guards into the room with the 2 other thieves in, and then jumping down below and watch the fight from a safe distance

Thanks for your kind words

RiCh

Nightwalker, since you have been so helpful before, I was wondering if you could give me another hint...
    Spoiler:
    I'm stuck on the ship. I can't open any of the doors, nor the little compartments to press any buttons... can you help?

I'm playing on the middle difficulty... thank you.

Here you go, Ethne
    Spoiler:
    Rope arrow up on top of the cabin at the very back of the ship, back by where you see the crow's nest way on top of the mast. On top of that cabin are some wooden doors set into the roof. You can pick them, and on the table inside, you will find the key you need.

NoCokePepsi

I'm playing on Expert and I am finding it devilishly difficult, as I am not allowed to knock out any bluecoats! Arrrgh!

I am stuck now and need help:

Spoiler:
    I have gone down the lift into the deep cells of the prison but I cannot open the metal door there -- I assume the ship captain is in there -- with any of the keys I have. Which key do I need and where do I get it?

[ June 25, 2001: Message edited by: NoCokePepsi ]

to nocokepepsi

Spoiler:
    try a rope arrow in a side room

Thanks all for your help, just finished it on hard, and I gotta say it was a fantastic level!!!!
    gonna wait for a while before I try it on expert.... I just sooooo love knocking out the guards!

NoCokePepsi

Thanks, brother taffer!

I roped up there earlier, looked around and saw nothing. This time: eureka!

Help with Smugglers Request (smal spoiler)

Im playing on the Hard difficulty setting. How do you open the safe in the bedroom (with the captain and the girl sleeping on the bed)?

Spoiler:
    Look behind the headboard of the bed, just below the safe.

Thankyou, Ill go check it out right now

NoCokePepsi

RiCh E, I just finished "Smuggler's Request" on all three difficulty levels, and I must commend you on a very fine mission. It's obvious to me that you have a talent for this sort of thing!

You incorporated some of the most interesting elements from the LGS missions, like timed switches. I loved the secret passageways! "Headchopper" Brown. LOL!

I loved the ship. I thought it was the best-realized version of a ship in any Thief fan mission. I enjoyed tightrope-walking on the rigging. Very imaginative stuff.

The lightning was a good innovation! It scared the p**s out of me on a couple of occasions, including once when I was walking on the rigging.

The no-KO rule for bluecoats on Expert was cruel and unusual punishment for me, though.

Also, I thought it was strange that the Tavern didn't have a stairway to the upstairs. How do ordinary people (who are not thieves like us) get to the upper story of the tavern?

Thanks for the mission, and I eagerly await your next one.

Hmm ... somehow missed that one. Just downloaded it from TTLG. Looking forward to playing it later on tonight. Thank you.

Yep, one of the finer Fan Missions I have played... I love the ship!!!!!! It rocks!
    Quite the imagination there!

Does choosing hard, expert etc. level of difficulty in "Smuggler's Request" disable some areas in the game (add new objectives)? I have finished this FM on easy level and seen no ship, no safe etc. I also couldn't open some doors in the guardhouse (for example in the room with the cells or in the courtyard). Should I play "Smuggler's Request" on expert to see the whole area in the game?
    Sorry for my english.

Oops... Sorry for this post. I've checked the former discussions on "SR" and found answer for my questions.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast