TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Smuggler's Request (1 Jun, 2001)

Very, VERY nice mission indeed !

But one funny thing though..
    Spoiler:
    I was playing on expert (I actually played ONLY expert ) and I was at the end of the level. I had already cleared the ship and working my way to the sewers.
    Then, one of the cops with the lights notices me. He yelled for backup and soon there was thee-four guards chasing me. I quicky rope-arrowed into the air and it seemed there was no way out. I was just about to hit quickload button, when I was taken over by the desire to give the cops a lil' blackjack.
    I jumped down and throw a flashbomb and blackjacked them all. Then I was just waiting for the mission failure-skull to appear..but it never did.
    I tried many times; the "don't blackjact cops"-objective doesn't work.

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: Marayder ]

MMMMMMMMMM I've have 2 check that out m8. It may b that I missed a few guards out with the no knockout option If I ever get around to making an update of the mission I'll make sure that doesn't happen again. But at the moment I'm working on my new mission. But I will have some beta testers to test my new mission so hopefully all the bugs will b ironed out by the time I release it.

But thanks 4 letting me know!!

RiCh

lift key in smugglers

Hi!

where is it? on normal, i mean the key which is on expert together with other key in bedroom safe
    plz hlp

It's not available on Normal. On this difficulty, you don't access that entire area, or the area with the skull room, etc. All your objectives are achievable without it.

FM Q: Smuggler's Request

I've been playing this mission for the past 3 days. As others have mentioned, this thing is huge! And it's really fun. It's my kind of mission. I highly recommend this mission!

I'm now near the end and seem to be stuck on a couple of things. Can anyone help me out here? I checked the other topics on this mission and didn't see answers to these questions.

Here they are:

Spoiler:
    I'm supposed to dump Captain Ash's body into the sewers. I believe Ash is the guy in the bedroom (where a woman is sleeping in the bed) in the guardhouse. Is that the right guy and where exactly in the sewers am I supposed to dump him? If I drop him down one of the manholes he drowns and I get mission failed. I have opened up the big gate in the sewers and killed all the spiders.

Spoiler:
    On the ship, I can't find the secret campartment. I've pressed the five buttons in order. The compartment is supposed to be somewhere near the front of the ship but I've looked and can't find it. I do see a trap door on the bottom side of the ship, in the water, but it's closed. So where is this secret compartment and is it timed to close automatically after a period of time?

Thanks in advace for the help.

Spoiler:
    1. Right guy ... leave him with dead spiders

2. Also right hatch. Go back to Captain's cabin where you pressed that first button. See that table look above ... if closed start sequence again and then retrieve item and use it.

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: DreamWalker ]

Thanks for the info DreamWalker. I finished the mission.

I played it on Hard. Is it mush different on Expert? I noticed there was at least one building which I was not able to enter.

Expert means more cops (blue) and you're not to even touch them. Can't kill anyone else. Another body to deposit. Less water arrows. Noisemakers come in real handy. Hint. Entice other thieves and blue cops to kill each other off. Save ... Save ... Save.

Questions about the fm "A Smugglers Request"

I have killed all the guards in this fm but i have only coming to the cells and i can NOT find the keys to the Armory and Contry yard Controlroom is there any one who knove where this keys are???

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: Daljord ]

Highlight here:
    Spoiler:
    You need to go into the cell with the chest in it. After the door closes, pick open the window grate and drop down onto the ledge. Follow the ledge around and you will see where to go. You'll find the key you need in this area.

Thanks Nightwalker
    Then i shall trie that

FM: A Smuggler's Request

Two hints please:

1. Please give me a hint as to opening the safe. I swear I'm reading the posted clue correctly (i.e., counting the cameras, 1/2 the cells, etc.), but the safe room bars are not opening.

2. Other posts mention boarding a ship on the two harder levels. I am playing on "hard" and haven't come across any access to a ship. Please provide a hint as to the location of the ship.

Thank you.

For the safe, I don't have any idea how I can just give a hint for this one, so I'm just going to put it here and you can check and see if your numbers are right. As far as I know, there haven't been any problems with this working properly. -
    Spoiler:
    Mechanical devices in the courtyard = 5, How many camers = 3, Amount of innocent people in the cells = 0, Count the cells and halve that number = 6

For the ship, you just haven't gotten that far yet.
    Spoiler:
    There is a locked room labelled "shipping and receiving" or something like that. You'll get to it.

I hope that's what you wanted. Isn't this a great mission?

Thanks for the reply.

I figured out the safe puzzle after sending my post (I realized..."duh! Regardless of how many people are in prison, NONE of them are considered innocent!!")

As for the "Shipping and Receiving" door...I'm going to have to search the level better (although I thought I pretty much scoured every nook-n-cranny). Nonetheless, just in case I can't find it, please leave a hint as to its location so that I can return to this post.

Thus far, I've completed the weapons goal and the safe goal. I still need to find Captain Ash (?) and drop him into the sewers.

Thanks again.

The room is properly named the "Delivery and Lift-Room" It is to the left of the door you used to enter this area (at the opposite end of the hall from the sleeping quarters).

Captain Ashe -
    Spoiler:
    He isn't labelled when you pick him up. You've undoubtedly already been past him or knocked him out. Remember the room where you got the keys? The man in front of the fireplace is the one you want.

Mission accomplished! Thanks!

Smuggler's Request

I'm playing the easy level of Smuggler's Request and I want to compliment those who made this mission. It's really been a balst so far! The problem is now I'm stuck. I went to the prison and killed the Ships Captain then I went to the prisoners locker which I havent been able to open. I tried to open the door on the lower level of the Prison and also the doors to the Delivery and Recieving room and the Security Room on the other end. Also tried to open the Weapons Room.
    There must be a lot of things I should have done but I've missed somewhere! I've been down the long dark corridor to the Gallows and I can hear the voices of gaurds but I cant tell where they are coming from. I pulled the lever in the Gallows but I keep getting killed when I try to jump down the trap door..I guess I really could use a few spoilers or suggestions. I used up all my flares I think that may have been a mistake, too..
    Can someone please HELP ME??? I love this level and I refuse to give up.
    Thanks to all in advance.
    Tom N

You're doing fine, and you don't need flares so don't worry about that. Have you found the key to the weapons room (armoury) yet? If not, highlight here -
    Spoiler:
    You need to go into the room with the prisoners cells and go into the cell with a chest in it. The door will close, then pick the lock on the window, drop down onto the ledge and follow it around. There is a window you can climb in with some buttons to push to open the evidence lockers. Go back out of the window onto the ledge and continue to the balcony at the far end. Jump over and in there you will find a key that you need.

On this difficulty level, you can't open the Delivery and Receiving door. There is also one other door at the back of the lower level of the room with the prisoner's cells that you won't be able to open. You should try this on Hard after you finish it, because there is a huge amount of the level you don't get to see on this difficulty. Only play it on Expert if you are REALLY good at sneaking, because it is quite difficulty (but also fun).

As for the Gallows, I have no idea why you get killed jumping down in there. I've gone down in there several times, because there is some loot and I've never had a problem. Have you tried jumping through a different trap door? You don't have to go down there, so if you can't find a way, don't worry about it.

Bless you Nightwalker! I walked into that cell before but when the door slammed shut I just assumed I walked into a "death trap". Never considered trying to open the window..This sure beats trying to
    run past the security metal heads that shoot the exploding balls at ground level like I tried to do 27 1/2 times!
    I will definatley try this level again on Hard but dont know if I have
    the intestinal fortitude to try Expert yet.
    I have another question.{as usual.} Do you if it's possible to use the
    user config cheats such as nokillgoalcheat or lock_cheat on a fan made mission?.Just curious.
    Peace!
    Tom N

I've never used a cheat of any kind on Thief. I love it just the way it comes. I also try not to over-use the equipment, especially in Thief 2. Some of it seems to make it too easy, like the orb and the zoom vision.

p.s. Don't feel bad about assuming the worst about that cell trap. I did the same thing and had to e-mail the author of the mission to find out what to do.

Stuck in Smuggler's request

I'm playing this mission on hard. I clocked everybody and I'm now inside the guardhouse. There are several locked doors, where's the key? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

The key to many of the doors is on a guard in a stairwell. I think the only way to get there the first time is to go down to the grass level in the courtyard. That part is a little tricky too.

Spoiler:
    Hint: You need to go through a window. Look carefully around the jail.

Spoiler:
    You need to go into the jail cell that has a chest in it. The door will slam closed but don't worry about it. Pick open the window and drop down onto the ledge. Follow it around to a balcony (you can make a stop at a window, climb in and push some buttons, too) then go all the way around to the balcony. That's where you'll find your keys.

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

Smuggler's Request

Well here I am another poor taffer stuck in this FM, I have read all of the previous posts and have not found an answer to my question. I am now in the guardhouse (playing on normal) and the most i've been able to get past is the kitchen area. I'm not sure if i've passed where i was supposed to go to, but i've already gone into everyroom i can pick open or i have a key to. Currently the only key i have is to Quinn's house.

Help! Thanks

Spoiler:
    Did you get the Inn key? It's in the sewers with the sword down by the spiders. In the Guardhouse, you need to go into the cell block and into the cell upstairs that has a chest in it. Then pick the window open, drop down onto the ledge and work your way around it. There are some areas you won't be able to access on Normal in this one.

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast