TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Smuggler's Request (1 Jun, 2001)

Thanks for the information Nightwalker, I'm now outside trying to get to the landing on the other side, but its all tile and I ran out of moss arrows along time ago! Do you have any suggestions to get around that? I'm going to go see if I can work around this for now

Thanks again

That's tough! A moss arrow is definitely the easiest way. I guess you'll just have to experiment. One thing you find out in this FM is that you really need to use ALL your equipment very wisely. There is generally only the very necessities available, which makes it quite challenging, especially on Expert!

Smuggler's Request

This seems like a dumb question, but I'm stuck and don't know where to go. I have been wandering around the streets and sewers, but can't seem to get into the guard house or the pub. All the doors are locked and there don't seem to be any keys and the lock picks don't work. What am I missing?

Spoiler:
    There is a key for the Inn door down in the sewers. You need to keep going past the square with the Inn and Guardhouse doors, and follow the streets around to a dead end. There are two guards standing in front of a hole. Climb down, go find the spiders and look on the middle pillar with the big spider sitting on it.

Thanks. I was there, I think. That's where the sword is, right? But I ran across it so fast in order to not get hit by the spider while getting the sword that I must have missed the key.

Smuggler's Request evidence room

Hello all, I've been playing Smuggler's request for a little and have almost everything worked out. I've achieved all the objectives except for the evidence room. I've seen the notes which indicate there should be a secret passage to it but damned if I can find it. I have also been into the control room which turns off the cameras in the courtyard and toggled each button there once. This doesn't seem to have activated the gate leading to the evidence room. Argh! I should say that I've been playing this mission for almost 3.5 hours at expert and am probably not thinking very well. I've also been into the room of the Headhunter and toggled both skulls in the bedroom and haven't gotten any results (that I've noticed anyway) out of toggling the second skull which highlights. Other than this problem I'd like to compliment the author of the mission and voice one complaint. When one of the objectives is to carry a given person to the sewers you should make his name appear when you pick them up. I mistakenly dragged the two guys from the torture chamber into the sewers before remembering the bedroom. Designers in general should try and make things fun and wasting your time dragging the wrong body is a little irritating. In general though I should repeat that the mission is very well done. [Thumbs Up!]

Spoiler:
    You need to go into the secret passage in the skull room, climb the first ladder and at the top, turn around and look behind you! The switches in the control room open the actual evidence lockers but not the door, by the way.

I loved this mission, but there were a few small flaws such as the unlabelled body, that RiCh is aware of. He has said that when he has time, he'll probably release a new version with some fixes.

Thanks Nightwalker, for whatever reason I just never looked there. All in all the mission was really well done. My compliments to Rich.

Smuggler's Request - What ship???

A great mission. I always play missions on expert, and this one is quite challenging. It seems that I'm stuck, though! Everybody keeps talking about a ship. What ship? Where is it?

Spoiler:
    I've been down the elevator and rescued the captain. There's one door that cannot be opened, though. Looking at the big iron gate that opens from the other side, it's the one to the right. I guess it cannot be opened, right?

I must be blind as a bat. And obviously my echolocation isn't working, either. [Wot?]

- Mika

Spoiler:
    There's another elevator that takes you down to a lower part of town. You've only seen part of the mission, so far! You have to find a door to the Shipping and Receiving area. (I'm not sure if those are the exact words or not.

OK, thanks, I found it! [Thumbs Up!]

I must be stupid. [Eww...]

Spoiler:
    I'd been there already! I'd found the elevator before and went down, witnessed the conversation between the guard and the woman - but for some reason went no further. I guess I hadn't found my weapons yet, or something. It must be because of the sheer size of this mission that I just forgot about it later on! This is a great mission, very challenging, but good fun.

- Mika

Smuggler's Request question reg. keys

Fellow Taffers!

I'm near the end of this great mission, playing on expert.

Spoiler:
    My first question is about certain doors. Namely the door across the bridge leading to the Lower City and eventually the ship. Is there a key to it? I just climbed over the wall using a couple of boxes. How about the doors on the ship? I couldn't find a key to any of them and had to bang my way through them, which is not the kind of stealthy approach I like to take. I did find the hatch, picked it, and dropped down. I guess I could have roped back up, but didn't try it (I will now, though). So if I've missed a key, I'd appreciate a tiny nudge towards its whereabouts. My final question is about the log book that I can't seem to find. A small hint would be much appreciated!

This really is a special mission. Most missions don't seem to be very challenging, it's way too easy to knock out the guards, but the no-knocking-out-the-police approach here works great. You still get to knock out the regular guards, although I do start to feel pity about Benny - he's just way too sympathetic to be dealt with a clunk on the noggin with such reqularity

- Mika [Wot?]

You've definitely missed a few things.
    Spoiler:
    There is a key for that door on the bridge. The drunk guard in storage hut #4, down below the bridge, is wearing it.

As for the ship, you're supposed to get up on top of the cabin, down by the mast. There is a hatch in the deck there that you can pick open that allows you to drop down into the map room. Look on the map table for a key to open the doors.

The log book is in the evidence lockers. There is a room that you can enter through a window from the ledge leading from the prison to the balcony. (You can also enter it by the door after you get the keys). Inside are buttons you can push to open the evidence lockers and it also has the watcher controls, then go to the secret passage in the skull room, climb the first ladder and, at the top, turn around and look behind you. You'll see another passageway that you can jump over to. That leads to the Evidence Locker room.

This is one of my all-time favourite missions and I've just been beta testing RiCh's new one,"The Art of Thievery", which will be out in the next couple of days, so you can look forward to that! It's fantastic!

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Nightwalker ]

Thanks, Nightwalker!

I knew I had been negligent. How embarrassing. [Tsk Tsk]
    I'm very excited to hear about this new mission from RiCh. Even the title is very stylish. Can't wait.

What an incredible game this is, and what an amazing community we have around it! [Thumbs Up!]

- Mika

Smuggler's Request Questions

I realize that this mission has been out a while, but I'm just now getting around to playing it. The mission is incredible, and some of the effects made me jump every time. I finished the mission on Hard (or whatever the middle difficulty is) last night, but I have some questions. I searched the forums, but couldn't find the answers to these. Maybe I'm a stupid taffer, but...

1)
    Spoiler:
    there are several doors I couldn't pick or find a key for. a)the Delivery & Lift door (which means I haven't seen the ship), b)the torture room,
    c)the door in the courtyard with the gallows.
    How do you open these doors in Hard (or do I have to play Expert to get to these areas?

2)
    Spoiler:
    There's a bookcase in the hall outside of the Captain's bedroom. I bashed it open with my sword, but there was nothing there. Does this space serve a purpose in Expert, and can it be opened in a more subtle manner?

That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll have more questions once these are answered. Please enlighten this taffer.

Are you sure you were playing on the middle difficulty?? You shouldn't have been able to finish it without going down to the ship, unless you were playing on the easiest difficulty setting. The things you asked about are areas you can access on other difficulty settings only. You should try it again because the other section of the mission is excellent. If you REALLY like sneaking, try it on Expert. It's quite difficult but very rewarding. Just make sure you use your water arrows very carefully near the beginning, or you'll run into trouble later.

RiCh's new mission, The Art of Thievery is being released in a few days. I've been beta testing it and it's a fantastic mansion mission. By the time you're done this one, his next one will be waiting for you!

D'oh!!! [Tsk Tsk] I'm in the habit of playing the middle difficulty first, and for some reason I opted for the easiest level this time. I'm sorry to waste your time, Nightwalker, but I thank you for helping to resolve the matter promptly. I'm off to play it on the middle difficulty now. Cheers!

I might as well tack on my question(s)

Spoiler:
    I have been all throughout the gaurd house but I am not sure which person is the Ship Captain and which is the Head of the City Watch. Also, when it says that I should bring the Ship Captain back to the smuggler's house, does it mean the house I first start out in? If it does mean that, then how exactly, I have went back and tried to get in with out a body but I couldn't find away back in. AND THEN, is there and special place in the sewers I have to place the Catain of the Guard? BTW I am playing on Expert, I like a challenge.

Thanks for your help!

Spoiler:
    When you walked along the ledge above the courtyard and jumped over to the balcony, you ended up in a rather fancy bedroom with a woman and a man. He 's the guy you have to dump in the sewers. Take him down to the part with the spiders and leave him there.

As for the ship's Captain, yes, you take him back to the house where you started. Just go to the door, drop the Captain, and frob the doormat. The key is hidden there. I hate to admit it, but I'm not sure I remember where the Captain is on Expert. I think he's down in the torture chamber. I seem to remember climbing a rope arrow while carrying him from down there.

smuggler's request (spoilers)

I've just finished playing this on Easy and absolutely loved it, and i have a few questions.
    1. There are 8 secrets, but i only managed to find 4. Anyone know where all of them are?
    2. I thnk i may have missed some areas in the game. By the time i made it into the weapons room, all i had to do was find the log book and make it back to Quinn's house, but i had already knocked most guards out, so i had no need for the new weapons. I've been to the Inn and into any doors i could get into in the guardhouse, and the sewers but that's all. Is there another area you can access on Easy. I know there is a door in the courtyard down the opposite end from the gate to the Inn area, but i could not open it. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks!

Hi! I'm not sure exactly what gate you mean. Do you mean the one at the far end of the guardhouse courtyard? You can get into that street from the back door of the Inn. Otherwise, it sounds like you've seen most of the mission on Easy. You really should play it on Hard, at least, though. You've only seen part of the map available on this mission and the rest of it is fantastic. As for the secrets, I think I know where they all are.

Secrets:
    Spoiler:
    Secret #1 - In the house where you start, go downstairs to the room with the sofa's. There is a chest in the rafters that holds a scouting orb.

Secret #2 - Go down the sewer grate in the courtyard with the two guards standing by the fire. Go north, then west and look for a pile of bones. There's a tiara there that counts as a secret.

Secret #3 - Go through from the above courtyard to the passageway with the archer on the platform to your right. Across from him is another platform with a banner. Rope arrow up, slash the banner. There is a chest in here that counts as a secret but Rich left it empty by mistake.

Secret #4 - On the second floor of the Inn, inside the room with the glass door, slash the wall tapestry and open the safe.

Secret #5 - After you go into the guardhouse door from the upper level of the Inn, and you find the elevator, send the elevator up and look under it for a ring in the bones.

Secret #6 - Guardhouse kitchen (with little gold servant)- there are two little cupboards under the counter. Move the boxes on the left side to expose a lever, then move the boxes on the right hand side and you'll see a compartment that the lever opened.

Secret #7 - In the bunk room of the guardhouse, there is a purse tucked into a little hole in one of the ceiling beams. It's really hard to see. You have to stand on a bed and jump a little to spot it.

Secret #8 - Drop down through the floor hatch in the gallows in the courtyard and pick up the purse.

I'm pretty sure they're all right.

Alright, I'm back with questions. This time I really am playing on Hard (I promise), and I'm stuck. I'm at the ship, but somehow I missed the objective concerning the combination to the ship's safe. Can someone please tell me where to find that?

Spoiler:
    Also, I've found mysterious places (switches?) all over the ship, but I can't frob them. I've pressed the button on the wall in the captain's cabin, and I hear a distant noise, but I cannot figure out what has opened/changed. The door to the secret hatch remains closed. Please advise.

Thanks

I'm glad you decided to try it on Hard!

Spoiler:
    Your questions are actually related. The "mysterious buttons" are the key to getting what you need on the ship. They have to be pushed in a certain sequence and in a VERY short period of time. You missed a scoll down in an office off of the torture room that has the information you need on it. I guess you'll have to go back.

Great! Thanks Nightwalker. I'm off to play the level on Hard now.

Thanks Nightwalker!! I'll go play on Hard now!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast