TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Smuggler's Request (1 Jun, 2001)

Did you turn the wheel on the wall of the Captain's room? Look at the ceiling and then go check under the ship.

Thanks again for the help Nightwalker, but I tried to turn that wheel in the Capt's room (after hitting all the red buttons), but it will not turn. It lights up, but that is all, and the only special thing about the ceiling in that room is a square hole above the marble table thingy. Any clues as to what gives?

Snuka - You have to push all the buttons, then go the the Captain's room. The plate in the middle of the ceiling should be open now and inside it is a peg that fits into the wheel on the wall. Once you fit that in, the wheel will turn. The peg in the ceiling hole can be a little difficult to see, so check carefully.

Smuggler's Request has become choppy

Hi! I have been playing smuggler's request (geat FM )... The mission was playing well until I hit the area where the safe is.. Now it runs choppy... It is very frustrating! I have tried other FM's and restarting smuggler's request.. They run fine. I am playing on hard, have turned the weather/fog off, updated drivers, etc. Does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it? I would really like to finish this mission.. but it seems to be getting worse and my eyes can only take so much

My system stats:

AMD Ath 500
    FSB 100
    nVidia TNT2 32MB
    Win98SE
    256 MB SDRAM

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Am I up a creek? Will I find the paddle?

Hmmmm.....doesn't happen often, but it did happen recently to me.

I was betatesting a FM for someone and downloaded an updated version and **Bam!!** one area really started bogging down. I had saved the game, and a restart of my computer and a reload of my saved game fixed it. Only thing I could attribute it to was an AI that had been added had been activated, and it was stuck somewhere and the engine got confused and started dragging.

If a restart doesn't fix it for you, I don't know what will. Those specs should be gracious plenty to play FMs, but I haven't played Smugglers Request so I don't know if it's especially detailed or expansive.

You might also want to see if anything (other programs) are running in the background if you're using Windows (any version) and deactivate/close them just to see if one is causing the problem.

Thanks for the response! I have rebooted, put the system into a clean boot with nothing running in the background and still no change. This has been going on for a week... and it has only happened in smuggler's request when I hit the bank area.. The mission will run fine if I restart from the beginning...

When you get time play the mission.. it is very good!

It may just be the mission then. I still don't like to play Silent Nightmares. With a dozen AI walking around the inside of an 800 poly central room with all kinds of particle effects and ambient sounds, and complex lighting my computer bogs down heavily in it sometimes. It's got rain and all kinds of things that just eat up CPU time.

My computer is a: P4, 1.5GHz, 256Mb RDRAM, 64Mb GeForce2 Ultra

Hi Betty, I made “Smuggler’s” along time ago now but I didn’t run into any of the problems you mentioned?

FYI it was made on a

P2 450
    256meg of ram
    TNT2 graphics card

So you can see that when it was made I had a computer pretty much the same as yours. Although I had slight framerate problem around the ship at the end of the level it never became choppy or unplayable. So this is a mystery to me why you’re having such a problem. If it’s only this FM and not any others then obviously something’s gone wrong somewhere. I don’t know what you could do apart from either restarting the level or from a saved game. Or try resorting back to the original levels in Darkloader and then try re-installing “Smuggler’s” .

I hope you can solve the problem

RiCh

Thanks Rich!

I have not had this problem with any other FM... I will start the mission over and see if it will play through all the way.

I hope it does! I have really enjoyed this mission

You said that this was made along time ago.. Have you made any more maps? If so I would be interested in playing them!

Thanks again!

Betty

RiCh just recently released "The Art of Thievery" which is absolutely fantastic. You've definitely got to try it!

Thanks Nightwalker!

I'm downloading it now!

Smuggler's Request - HELP!!!!!!

I got clear to the guard house and still haven't found any equipment except the sword. Where is the rest of the equipment, especially the rope arrows?

Did you find the key to the Inn down by the spiders? If you go past there, you can get into the sewer room that you can look into close to the beginning, but the gate won't open at that point. The rope arrows are in there on a table. You also need to use them in that room, so have a good look around.

i only recently got thief 2 and completed it. while i was playing t2 i thought it'd be a cool idea to download t2 fan missions in the background - now i've got 85

i'm now going through them (totally randomly for now), and have to say that if half of them are as good as smuggler's request then i'll be playing for years

so well done to the creator!

i think it's bloodsport next...

Welcome to the forum, mani!

It's nice to see another taffer get hooked on FMs. I like them better than the original games! Bloodsport is good and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If you liked Smuggler's Request, you should try Rich's other mission, The Art of Thievery. It's the best mansion mission around, IMHO. Have fun!

thanks, nightwalker - i've been lurking for some time

yeah i've started bloodport and so far, so good - i'm getting into it.

i also played fight pub briefly, but couldn't seem to finish it. is it actually possible to complete?

i've started downloading calendra's legacy. i think it's almost the same in file size as all of the other t2 missions i've downloaded - haha - i wonder if it's got massive cutscenes; the filesize has got to come from somewhere. either way i hope it lives up to the hype.

do you think it's worth getting thief gold? i missed that one, but i'm worried it'll feel like taking a step backwards after t2...

You definitely should get Thief Gold, if you get a chance. It has a very different feel than T2 and it's my favourite, though I must admit, the FMs for T2 are probably the best overall.

Calendra's Legacy definitely will live up to all the hype. I've been through the beta version several times and it's amazing. You'll love it.

(I lurked for quite awhile before I joined in, too. That seems like a very long time ago, though, now.)

What's in the Safe?

I'm not a big gamer, but I've stumbled upon Thief 1 while looking through a pile of CD's and started playing it. Now, i've been playing Thief2 for a long time and am killing time waiting for ver.3 to come out playing FMs and loving it! This is the only game that has ever kept my attention longer than a week! It's been years and still going strong...

This mission is the best i've played so far and i've played lots of them, but the locked doors and missing keys are really confusing the heck out of me. But I'll get it, I will!

Anyway, try as I might, I can't get the safe to open. I've tried like a thousand different combinations and it still won't open. I've tried stuff like zero to 9 innocent people...0 to 9 cells and so on, still no go. My wife is laughing at me now cause I can't open it and it's been days of trying on and off to open it while i complete the rest of the level.

Anyone wanna help me out please?

Thank you muchly,
    SirDufus

Welcome to the forum, Sir Dufus! An especially warm welcome from me to a fellow Canadian, as well.

RiCh's two missions are right at the top of my all time favourites list, so I'll be glad to help you out. The combination is:
    spoiler:
    3 watchers + 2 turrets = 5, How many cameras = 3, Amount of innocent people in the cells = 0, 12 cells divided by 2=6. A lot of people found this a little confusing, including me. I finally just got it by trial and error.

I've tried a few other games, but none of them could measure up to Thief. It pretty much spoils you for anything else, I think!

smuggler's request question

First of all, a reallz nice mission !! The view on/at the bridge is fantastic, it has really got some athmosphere.

But to my question:
    I cannot find the captain's log; which Captain is he talking about anyway?? There a two.
    (I am playing on expert, btw)

Cheers...

He's talking about the Captain of the ship and his log is in the Evidence Lockers. You need to go back to the skull room, into the secret passageway, climb the ladder at the end, then turn around and look behind you. You'll see a spot you can jump over to that gets you into the Evidence lockup area.

smugglers request for help

Is there a key I have missed for the guardhouse? There are so many doors I cannot get into including the weapons room. Lockpicks do not work. Also where is the skull room? I am in the jail cells now. Cant get into the evidence room either. Any help woiuld be highly appreciated Taffers.

You really need to state which difficulty level you are playing on. There are quite a few differences, particularly between Normal and the other two.

You won't find the skull room at all on Normal, but you will find a key to get into the Weapons Room. On the other two, you have to find some keys, first, and you'll get to it eventually. If you're in the jail cells, go upstairs, open the door to the cell with the chest in it, go in and open the chest. The door will lock, then you can pick open the window, slide down VERY carefully onto the ledge and go exploring.

Thanks Nightwalker

Taffer,,,,Thanks for the help. Funny thing, right after i posted I went back and discovered the window in the cell,,,,,,I dont know how I missed it the first time in the cell. Just goes to show you, it pays to take time and not just speed thru. Thanks again.

smugglers request, Ships combination

Thanks for the help Nightwalker,,,,,,,,now one more question. Where is the combination to the ships secret compartment. I must have left it at the guard house yes? I need to go get it from Captain Ash's tortureers.so i can finish all my objectives. I am playing hrd level.Thanks.
    Last edited by rocmn; 13th May 2002 at 12:07.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast