TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Smuggler's Request (1 Jun, 2001)

spoiler:
    You have to use a rope arrow in the room to your left when facing the metal door with the guard in front.

The way you are going is to the torture room, not the ship, but you probably need to be where you are first, anyways. Ouzman gave you the right tip for this area. When you go back up the elevator, look for a door labelled "Delivery Lift Room".

You had already posted a question about Smuggler's Request. This question could have been added to the thread you started with that question. It would have been bumped up to the top and answered. It's preferable to do that rather than start another thread for every question you have about the same FM.

spoil me :-)

Please, me's stuck after having fetched the sword and 2 rope arrows in the main sewer... where's the next 'main' target'?
    The Tavern? (no key!)
    the guard house door? (no key!)

What a wonderful and difficile level :-)

Andreas

The Tavern is where you go next.
    spoiler:
    The key to it is down in the sewers, on the center pedestal with the big, nasty green spider.
    This is one of my all-time favourite levels. RiCh did a great job designing it.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 28th May 2002 at 13:50.

Thanks Walker in the Night.
    And yes, this FM turns out to be a veeeeeery interesting and difficult one. Including frustration about these locked/unpickable doors always :-)
    (stuck at the 'fancy' balcony. Tavern & Quinn's key only found)...
    Andreas

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    The Tavern is where you go next.

"fancy balcony"??
    spoiler:
    Do you mean the one after you go out the jail cell window? If so, you need to get onto the balcony, into the room and look for keys in there.
    If that's not where you're stuck, could you be a little more specific?

Sleepless in Canada!
    Thanks for spoiler and the hint (that obviously at this state no more keys are necessary :-)

I just read through a little 'age'-outing in the durant-thread. I feel better now, knowing there are other gamers above 40 :-))

Andreas

That thread is great, isn't it? It's nice to know there are so many other people that are "over 40" as you say. This game is truly unique and attracts all ages, not just teens and 20-somethings. Did you contribute to the getting to know you thread? You should!

Who is "The Ship's Captain"

I will stick my question here since there are so many "A Smugglers Request" threads already. If the ship's captain is not the guy in the cell then who/where is he? Have I missed the torture chamber somehow? I have searched and read and almost been given the answer but just not quite.

I have an idea. It worked so well for "The Seventh Crystal" and for "Calendra's Legacy" why don't we have one mission = one thread? It would make searching for an answer easier and there would be less repitition.

Some missions are cute. Some missions are a chore. This one was delicious. I find it hard to believe this was a "first" mission. The man's a genious! My only complaint....
    MORE!! FASTER!! I'm running out of missions here folks.

Ooops! I found him. I had tried to sink a rope arrow into that beam but didn't hit wood (it never occured to me that I may have missed). This time I shot for the bottom instead of the side, and then threw a flare up there, jumped down and sighted in a rope arrow for the side of the beam before the flare went out. So forget the first part but the second stays and double for the third.
    Last edited by diana50322; 16th Jun 2002 at 00:37.

The questions just keep popping up on this one, which is why there are so many threads, but they didn't come up all at once, like they did for CL. It's a great mission! Unfortunately, RiCh has gone on to other things for the time being, though he has said he'll probably return when Thief 3 is released. Have you played his 2nd mission, The Art of Thievery? It's fantastic, too.

I am a new member so I like to reply on this one. Also because I finished this mission yesterday (on hard mode). It is a great mission indeed I enjoyed it very much: many thanks to the creator.
    For me a good mission gives you, as the player, the feeling that you are a part of the society you are "playing" in. You are not the hero but just a member of the society and while you do your actions, there is a whole world living around you. When a FM can give me this feeling then it is a good one! I had this atmosphere in Lord Edmund entertains in a very strong way and also with a Smugglers request there was this kind of thrill. Although there are some very difficult places in this mission (especially the guard house), the basic atmosphere is strong enough to overcome them and keeping you in the mood. Well done!

Welcome to the forum, Black Rose! I'm sure RiCh would be happy to hear that you've enjoyed his mission so much. I hope you stick around!

Ok I give! Where do I go to "hide out" to end the mission? (expert)

And is there a way to get into the unpickable metal door with a bluecoat outside and power equipment inside? I mantled over a south facing wall w/the help of a crate and found a ladder that get's me no-where. Any clues there?

Look for a wall that you can mantle up onto that's farther up the hill past that doorway. Walk around the wall and you'll find a window that you can get through. It takes you into that building.

Help, please

I realize I'm playing this later than everyone else but I am still having difficulty. And apprently no one has been stumped where I am now.
    spoiler:
    I have just jumped up on top of the crates and entered the tavern upstairs, knocked out the two burglars, and found the gold in the safe in the adjoining bedroom. I know I can go out the front door but there are two patrolling bluecoats out there and I can't get past them. So I jumped down through the hole in the floor, exited to the front and accomplished nothing. Same accomplishment upon exiting out the back of the tavern. I went down the alleyway behind the tavern but I can't open the gate back there. I have no keys, see no way to rope arrow up to anything else, and I am stumped for where I should go now. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

*C*
    P. S. I just realized I forgot to say I'm playing on Expert.
    Last edited by StarCStar; 7th Jul 2002 at 17:17.

spoiler:
    You have to go out the door in the upper level of the Tavern. There's a door to the right, out there, that leads into the guardhouse area. It's the only way to continue. You can get past the bluecoats with no problem, if you take your time.

Thanks Nightwalker! I didn't try picking that lock because I had already tried picking the downstairs Guardhouse lock and assumed they were the same. Shame on me! Thanks so much. Now I am on my way!
    *C*

Smugglers Request question

Hi all,

first off: how lucky am I to play Inverted Manse (a great mission) and then stumble upon A Smugglers Request!

Finished Smugglers on middle level but left one objective unfulfilled: find captain's log. Does anyone know where it is? Thanks!

P.S. after conquering Smugglers I am off to slay Art of Thievery (could this be a third consecutive great mission?!).

You will be very pleased when you try The Art of Thievery and find another amazing mission. It's deserving of a gold hammer, IMHO.

As for Smuggler's Request, did you find the Evidence Lockers? I think that's where you missed the Captain's Log.
    spoiler:
    You go into the secret passageway that you find in the skull room. Climb the first ladder, then at the top, turn around and look behind you!

Is it just me, or is "A Smugglers Request"
    FRIGGIN' HARD AS HECK?!?
    (I do love it, but don't know how long I can hang on...I've just been scraping by for most of the mission!! hehe...and yes, it's fun!!)

It's definitely not easy! It's the toughest at the beginning. Once you get your equipment from the armoury, things ease up a bit.

Surely this should be obvious...

spoiler:
    ...but what is the combination to the safe in the guard house? 6-3-2-6 doesn't work, and that's what I thought it was:
    1.# of mechanical devices in courtyard: 6 (1 Child+3 cameras+2 turrets)
    2.# of those that are cameras: 3
    3.# of prisoners wrongly imprisoned: 2? There are 2 prisoners, but I also tried 0 in case it was a trick question and that didn't work either
    4.#of cells divided by 2 (12/2=6)

Bleh, hate getting stuck on something like this. But what a fantastic mission!! First Durant, now this. I am getting spoiled.

(By the way Nightwalker, you're sure right about that...I was so happy to see those weapons I could have jumped up and down for joy if LGS hadn't given me such loud shoes!)

LOL! I felt the same way, the first time I finally made it into that armoury and saw all the goodies waiting! You don't realize how tense you've been up until that point until then.

As for the vault combination, that fools everyone. It's
    spoiler:
    5306 - Don't count the robot in the yard for the first digit. You were right when you tried the "0" of course. The people who run the prison wouldn't think that any of the prisoners are innocent.

Doh!!

You know, that crossed my mind, but I must have done

spoiler:
    5326 and then forgotten to try it with the "0". Grr!

Well, thanks a lot!

A Smuggler's Request - Expert

I'm really early in this level to be asking for help, but I've noticed now two places that are inaccesable without a rope/vine arrow. Now either I come back to these areas later when I acquire the proper arrows, or I've missed a stash along the way.

One of the first objectives is to get some weapons from the sewers. I thought I did that when I killed the large spider and picked up the sword and key. But the objective didn't trigger, which makes me question whether I missed something. There is an area high up just inside the gate to the sewer. A note hints that I should get up there for some goodies. But I can't. Later on, in the tavern, there is an upstairs area, again inaccesable without climbing abilities.

Am I supposed to come back to these areas later, or did I miss something.

tia

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast