TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Smuggler's Request (1 Jun, 2001)

You missed seeing some rope arrows. In the room with the note on the table, there should be rope arrows on the table by the note. Once you climb up in the rafters in that room, you'll realize why the "find your weapons" objective didn't trigger.

There is an alternate way up into the upper floor of the Tavern, though. Go out the back door and you'll find a nice big pile of boxes to climb up. It's actually a better way in than rope arrowing up through the hole in the floor.

Oh, yes. That's much better. Actually, I found the other way to the second floor of the tavern right after I posted the message
    But before I continue on with whatever lies ahead, I'll backtrack a bit to the sewers. Call me anal (most do) but I like to complete objectives in the order they're given.

Might as well just continue with this thread

I've gone a lot deeper into the level now, but not at the ship yet. There's an objective I'm trying to fulfill before I head to the Lower city. I have to knock out the Captain and take him back to the Smuggler's house. Now isn't the Captain one of the two people locked up in the prison? One was female, the other male. The other possibility was that he was the guy strapped up in the torture chamber.

The other question is....Is the smuggler's home where you start the level? And do you have to take him just inside the door, or continue right upstairs. This is important because I picked the male prisoner as the Captain and had a very difficult time sneaking him past the guards. But when I dropped him just inside and made a dash for safety, the objective didn't trigger. So I had to sneak in again and again, dropping him in different rooms. Got as far as upstairs with no successful objective triggered.

So, have I got the wrong guy ??

He's the unconcious fellow down in the torture room. I don't think it matters where you put him in the house, though I'm not sure about that.

OK...that's done.

Now, which of those guys in the ship is the Captain ?
    I'm thinking it's the guy with the lantern, but my second choice is the drunk.

Never mind....I figured it out.

Now.....which store room do I go to in order to end the level? I've tried three spots that I thought the objectives referred to, but nothing happened.

Also, my secret tally is 8/11. So I'm missing three. I can't list all 8, because I don't remember. I found some things that should have been secrets, but didn't register.

There's only one secret that doesn't register, so you've missed a couple. To end the mission, you have to get into a big factory building in the section of town nearest the ship. There's a locked door to a building with a guard standing in front of it. Look for another way into the building, farther up the street.

Thank you...I would never have gotten to that location without help. I was confused becaue I hadn't achieved the objectives in proper order. The last thing I did was return the Captain to the sewers, so I found myself at the beginning of the map, looking for a store room. Rationally, it should be close to the final objectives, that is, the stuff on the ship, not clear across the map to the beginning.

Do you know that I actually lugged one of the ship guards clear across to the sewers with the spiders, thinking he was the captain LOL.

This was a very enjoyable level. I hesitate to praise singularly because it pits one FM against another. This is the only game, and I play lots, that I have more fun playing the fan missions than I did the original series.

A Smuggler's Request question

Well here I am again playing Request and got stuck and searched the forum for clues. I read that rope arrows were supposed to be on the table with the note in the start house. I did not find any arrows. Is this the room with the chest in the rafters? I'm playing on expert.

This is the hardest FM I ever played and I played 'em all!

Wrong room. You need to go all the way through the part of town where you start to the hole that leads down into the sewers where you find the key to the Tavern. Go past the platform where you find the key and out the other side. You'll end up inside a room that you could see through near the beginning, on your way to the courtyard with the fire in it. In that room, you should find the rope arrows on a table, then use them to climb up in the rafters and look around.

This mission is really hard at the beginning, but gets a bit easier after you've gotten your equipment. It's great fun, though.

Good grief what a bummer. I'm all the way into the large courtyard trying to find the key to the weapons room. Guess I have to start over. Or maybe I can get back the hard way.

You can still get back there with no problem, so you don't need to start over.

Thanks, I'll do that. Is there any way to enter that window on the ledge in the big courtyard? And I haven't found the key that supposedly is here somewhere.

If you mean the window on the right between the jail cell and the balcony, yes you can get in there, but you can also get in the door later on. The key you need is in the room with the balcony.

No, not the french doors. I mean the window I lock-picked that has a "sign-in" book on the sill. It's allegedly the alarm control room.

Yes, that's the window I meant. I just went and checked it out, because I didn't recall having any problems getting into it. I just took a step back and did a run/jump into the window. If you are having problems with it, don't bother, though. It unlocks with the "Guardhouse" Master key, which you find in the room with the balcony that is just a little farther along the ledge.

Thanks, I appreciate all the help.

smuggler's request, torture room key

I buess I'm blind and stupid. I think I'm where I'm supposed to be for the torture chamber. That is the room I had to shoot the elevator control to get down to.
    I can't open the door! I have the shipping & cell key and the master key. Help! Playing on expert.

You're not blind or stupid. Lots of people miss this bit. There's a store room down there. Go in, climb up to the rafters and have a look around.

Would you believe been there, done that and didn't see anything? I'll go back and light up a torch. Thanks.

dummerthanhay

Stuck in "A Smuggler's Request"

Im inside the guard house:

spoiler:
    I've killed the captain of quinns ship but have a problem. I can't find the keys to rooms as "weapons room", "delivery lift room" and "control room". I've been around the others. The only way out of there is to jump back on to ground and lose a lifebar or two. But I've been around the city too. I just don't know what do to next :/
    "why be normal when you're happy as crazy?"
    -->My webpage<--

If you are playing on Normal, which is sounds like you are, you won't be able to get keys to all the doors, only one key that will open a couple of doors. To get it,
    spoiler:
    go into the jail, upstairs and into the cell with the chest in it. It's a trap. After you've sprung the trap, go out the window and follow the ledge.

You really need to play this one again on Hard, because on Normal you only get to see about half of the total mission. The rest of it is awesome.

My idea was first to play it on normal then the hardest.
    If the fun is on the hardest I think I will start all over again right now

Thanks!
    -->My webpage<--

I decided to finish it, I'm playing on easy. Im missing one objective. To find my equipment from its hiding place.

I thought the equipment was
    spoiler:
    in the weapons room since I couldn't find it in the sewers. Eh.. where is it?

Oh by the way, Nightwalker. Did you mean to play it on hard or expert?
    -->My webpage<--

You need to trigger an objective change before finding your equipment in
    spoiler:
    the armoury will tick off. Head back to the town and down the well at the far end to the sewer section with the spiders. Go through there and follow the sewer to a room with a table in it. You could see into this room through a locked gate near the beginning of the mission. There are rope arrows on the table, so use them to rope arrow up into the beams and go down to the far end. You'll find a note and a couple of arrows, which will trigger the objective change.

I'm glad you're going to try it again. There's a fantastic ship at the very end that's fun to explore. You get to see almost all of it on Hard. There is only a tiny section at the end on Expert that you don't get into on Hard. Whether you want to try it on Expert depends on whether you like to sneak, because you have to leave the street guards alone on Expert, which makes it a lot tougher.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast