TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Smuggler's Request (1 Jun, 2001)

Thanks

Since I really liked it I will play all difficulties
    "why be normal when you're happy as crazy?"
    -->My webpage<--

Stunning
    I've just started this mission for the first time yesterday. I'm still somewhere in the guard house, frobbing locked doors alot. I hope I find some keys soon, because it's getting boring to run around all those corridors without anything to do. I've started it on Expert (I do it all the time with new missions nowadays... must be getting good at it) and some of the bluecoats on the streets... irritate me. And there isn't even a zombie or haunt to let lose in the streets either (if there is, I haven't found it yet). Ghosting past the police gets boring rather fast for me

Running?!

Hi zapman,

You mean to say you're actually "running" down halls and around the guard house?!!! Are you playing expert? Man, you must be good. :-)

zapman, to find the keys you need to
    spoiler:
    go into the jail, up the stairs and into the cell with the chest in it. That springs a trap, which locks you in. Pick open the window, drop down onto the ledge and follow it to the far end. Jump over to the balcony and in that room, you'll find the keys you need to continue with the mission.

Stunning
    Thanks, but I already found those keys. I've just about cleared the guardhouse, even found a zombie. To bad it's not going anywhere, I would've liked to let him indulge in some cops, but alas. I've returned the poor captain to the starting house (how many times do you have to sneak past those cops there, this was my fourth time I think), but now I'm in doubt as to who is the captain of the guard. I don't want to make that whole trip again with the wrong guy on my back

And running through the guardhouse becomes really easy once you find out that
    spoiler:
    you can blackjack all of the guards except the ones dressed in blue
    , which makes life inside the tile ridden building a lot easier.

After that all you have to deal with is
    spoiler:
    one of those stupid golden children
    which I've become to hate by now.

And I'm embarrassed to say I can't find my way into the evidence room

But a great mission overall

The captain of the guard is the guy in the balcony room, where you found the keys.

To get into the evidence room,
    spoiler:
    go back into the room with all the skulls around the doorway, into the secret tunnel, up the ladder and turn around! You'll see where to go from there.
    It's funny, because it's really in plain site, but most people miss it.

Stunning
    I never look around in secret tunnels, there's never a second branch. Well, this is the first time I've seen it. Must be getting sloppy.

I'm glad to say I've found a solution to the police problem. Thirteen poor sods have drowned themselves in waist-high water so far

oh man, I feel so silly.....

zapman, you mean that I could have...

spoiler:
    conked all the guards except the ones in blue?!!!!! OMG! thats just......thats just......oh!!!

so,......I suppose ghosting this mission is just this side of impossible then? Has anyone ever ghosted this mission, I wonder? If so, I'd like to know how they did it. There's so much marble/tile flooring, and the guards are sooooo sensitive to noise in this mission too! I was beginning to think that my sneak/creep key didn't work! So I wonder why the blue boys have immunity? Interesting twist.

SD :-)

Stunning
    Sorry to break the news to you, but the objectives state that you "can't blackjack or kill the police (blue coats)". So I tried to knock out the first guard that wasn't dressed in blue, and it worked

I've now drowned the entire police force, except one. Anyone have a clue how to drown an archer that doesn't run up to you like swordsmen? I'm a bit stuck

You've drowned almost all police officers? As in blue cotes?
    How can you do that on expert? I've tried but if I drown someone I kill them, and you can't kill police on expert. Is it a bug?
    -->My webpage<--

If a guard falls in the water and drowns, it doesn't register as you killing them, so you can get away with it. In some levels, like Durant, you can also use things like frogbeast eggs, which also don't register as you killing the guard. I've never tried drowning the guards in this one. I like the sneaky aspect of going through the streets.

As for ghosting it entirely, someone at the Eidos forum is attempting it now. If your interested, his name is Vanguard and he'll probably post a report here when he's done.

Nightwalker:

spoiler:
    In the library where there's a mask on a table in the middle, there is a book in the shelf near the door. I push it but can't figure out what it does. You know?
    -->My webpage<--

Stunning
    Well, you're right when you say that you can't drown them, like blackjack them and dump them in the river. However, there's no rule preventing them to drown themselves. To let them take a voluntary dive, alert them and then run (look back a few times, they can lose your trail sometimes in dark areas) to a place where there's a big enough pool of water. Waist high does the trick in my experience, anything deeper is luxury. Now comes the tricky part. You have to somehow (don't ask me, every spot has a different way to do it) tease or lure them to the very edge of the water. Due to the engine, they can actually walk over the edge, just like knocked out guards can "hover" because their feet are still on the platform you're standing on, while the rest of their bodies are in mid-air. Now all you have to do is get a live guard in such a position (patience is recommended) and then quickly save and load. On loading the engine will realise that guards can't walk on water, and it will drop the poor sod into the blue abyss. He will then drown, and you didn't do anything. It won't show up as damage dealt in your stats either. But he's dead, and that's the point.

Usefull on anything you aren't allowed to harm or that you can't harm because of big helmets

Edit: the archer that bothered me... can be put down with a gas arrow. In fact, any police officer can be gassed without consequences. Now to me gas arrows count as a knockout, but the mission allows it. Strange.

Edit part 2:
    spoiler:
    that book opens a part of the bookcases along the wall on expert, revealing a niche where the mask is. Not on the display as in normal I assume.
    Last edited by Zapman; 27th Sep 2002 at 09:21.

Hey cool

Gotta try that, probably solves alot
    -->My webpage<--

Stunning
    Here's what I did:

There are 17 dead people in there I think

Nice Zapman! Very nice!

That picture should be in Hall of Fame or something
    -->My webpage<--

Another Crazy Taffer

Does something I never heard of before and it works! Goldie is right that pic should go in a hall of fame or something, maybe next to the one of the 7th Crystal that shows something like 80+ bodies piled up in a nice hallway..
    The problem is choice...

Stunning
    Maybe I should post the pictures of the other half of the police force you encounter before you reach the guard station, who are also swimming with the fishes... but my brother just warned me about stroking my ego too much. He has a good point

smuggler's request problem

Hi all.
    How can i get into the evidence room?
    i only have the guardhouse masterkey.
    How do i use those buttons in the alarm control room?

You need to post what difficult setting you are playing on for a lot of FMs. Things quite often change depending which one you're playing on.

In this one, on Normal,
    spoiler:
    you can just open the door on the top level of the jail. I don't have a save on Normal, so I can't go check, but I don't recall anything tricky about getting in.

On Hard and Expert,
    spoiler:
    first use the buttons in the alarm control room, because they open the actual evidence lockers in side the Evidence room. Then go into the room with all the skulls around the doorway that's in the hallway behind the lower floor of the jail. Go into the secret passageway from that room, climb the first ladder, then turn around and look behind you.

Stunning
    And:
    spoiler:
    Don't forget to shoot a moss arrow at the floor before dropping down, or you land in the arms of a very unhappy guard.

Hi again.
    Unfortunatelly i cant get it...
    I play on expert.The only objective ive completed is the armour...
    How can i open the door in the lower level of the jail?By using the buttons in the control room?Which ones?`

If you're playing on Expert, then you should have another key. It's found in the same place as the other key. Maybe you just missed seeing it? Once you have it, you'll be able to get into other areas that you can't access with the key you now have.

Smuggler's Request Ship question

I have read all the post for Smuggler's Request but havn't found and answer to this question...what is the easiest way to get onto the ship and how do you get into the locked door down in the torture chamber? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I found the easiest way to get onto the ship is to rope arrow up at the far end (from where you enter the docks area). The ships wall is flatter there, so the rope arrow will hang down to the water. Then you can climb up on top of the cabin back there.

I presume that you mean the locked door INTO the torture room? You need to
    spoiler:
    go into the storage room on the left and rope arrow up into the rafters. There's a hole you can crawl through up there that takes you into the torture room itself.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast