TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM - The Art of Thievery (Dec. 8, 2001)

[quote]Originally posted by Nightwalker:
    If I read your list right, you did miss the same one I did.

Right on both counts. The missing secret is a fair one, not too obscure, not too obvious. And now the Lord and the Captain are sleeping soundly together in the cage in Angel's Hall. They look like two toddlers in a playpen. [Joke]

Footpad - I haven't heard of anyone having problems with it crashing at all. Sorry, I don't have a clue what could be causing it. You could try e-mailing RiCh to see what he thinks. It would be a shame to not be able to finish it. The only other thing I could suggest would be starting over with a new download, but I know how long this missions takes to play so I realize this may not be an attractive option.

Anyone else have anything to suggest??

Arrgh! I LOVE this fanmission! I love to poke around and explore places and this has got a lot of that.

But I do have a couple little problems -

Spoiler:
    First, I did read the hint on the other page about going to an attic that has a view of the Lord's Study, and finding a scroll that will tell how to unlock the bars in front of the Lord's study, but...um...I can't seem to find that particular attic.

Second, I know I'm overlooking something obvious, but how the heck do you open the gate box that holds the fire element stone?

Thank you!

Spoiler:
    You have to go into the library through the door that takes you to the second floor of the Lord's library. Go over to the window and out onto the ledge. Look up and you'll see and overhang from the next building. Rope arrow up to the next ledge. Look up again. Do you see the window up near the roof of the next building? Rope arrow up and jump in there. That's the other attic.

The fire talisman -
    Spoiler:
    You need to go up onto the 3rd floor of Angel Hall and look around for a bench with a water arrow on it. Look under the bench for a lever.

And what a tremendous honor it is Nightwalker.

I loved this level, it is truely a masterpiece of not only graphic designing, but also story, gameplay and everything else that goes into making a Thief mission the best it can be.

What I really enjoyed about it though was the non-linear feeling the mission gives to the individual, you're not forced to go key hunting here and there, and not forced to be bored with conversation after conversation, he gives you the freedom to do what you want and when, and at the same time, grabs you with a great story and architecture that is right on par and above the original missions.

Very well done Richard!

I tried restarting and I spent half the night playing, as soon as I reached the North Wing it starts to crash again,. It's agood mission,but I have had enough, it's hard enough playing on expert without it crashing. I even reinstalled Thief 2 again and it just keeps crashing. I'm a networker and all computer are diffrent. I do not care if they are the same model. They are unique in their own way computer wise or operating system wise. So it might be my computer no accepting this particular zip file. Anyway thanks Nightwalker.

Footpad

That's too bad, Footpad! You're probably right, though. There have been a couple of missions that my computer really didn't do well with, too, but it's truly a shame to not be able to finish this one in particular because it is so outstanding.

Is it possible to get into the "attic" on the easy level? I'm a bit confused about the "Lord's Library, and Lord's Study" that were referenced in an earlier post, so I'm guessing that they might be in the North Wing.
    Someone was asking about getting on the roof: I don't think it's possible. I spent an hour attempting it in several different locations.

All those things are in the North Wing, which you can't access on Easy. They're only available on Hard and Expert.

Art of thievery, need help.

Where is the key to the Lord's study? It seems that the "lord's library and study key" won't work. I know that there is a little note by the library key saying that he dropped it before his bath, but where is it?

thanks.

Spoiler:
    You can lock pick those doors or, there is a window on the right hand side of them (in the library) that you can go out, and then rope arrow up to the attic of the house there.

Lurox -
    Spoiler:
    The door to the study, itself, on the upper floor of the Library is pickable on Expert. The key in the bath is only another copy of the same key "Lord's Library and Study" key that you already have. On both Expert and Hard, you have to find another area before you can get into the Study, though. You need to go out the window onto the ledge (on the same floor as the Study door) and look up. You'll see an open window up under the eaves in the next building. You can rope arrow up and jump into it. Go look around in there and you should figure out what you need to do on either difficulty. If you're still stuck, post again.

Whoa!!! Thanks a lot!

Euh...
    Spoiler:
    Where is the vault I need to open in order to get the sword??? Is there a switch I need to flip???

thanks.

I don't want to give you more information than you need. I'm assuming that you're playing on Expert. Is that correct?

You should have found a scroll of instructions that lays out the steps you need to follow pretty specifically. If you check that, it might tell you what you need to know.

If you're in the Study, but don't know what to do in there:
    Spoiler:
    Look under the chair for a switch.

If that's not where you're stuck, let me know where you are exactly. I'll check back shortly.

Nope, NW, that's not where I'm stuck. I need to find the vault that contains the sword. I found the talismans, the code but not the vault.

Yup! I'm playing on expert and I indeed found that scroll, it says that I must flip a switch in order to open the secret door to the vault. But I don't know where it is!!!

Spoiler:
    There is a switch on the back of the grandfather clock that stands on the landing of the South Staircase. It opens an panel that hides an elemental door, which should be open if you went down into the area under the study.The vault entrance is in the centre of the ceiling in this room.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 5th Feb 2002 at 16:09.

There are NO grandfather clocks in the main staircase...Just in case you misplaced some rooms, I'm going to check all of the staircases. Thanks.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Lurox ]

Hey!!! It worked!!! Thanks Nightwalker, Ethne, I would never have succeded this marvelous mission without you two. THANKS!!!

Art of Thievery

Hey I am almost done on expert, if any one knows any other secrets I'm missing four, I wouls appreciate any help. Oh Nightwalker I reloaded the mission and it works fine. I had to start over, I was almost finished last time.

Footpad [Sly]

YAAAAY! I'm glad you got to play it.

I'll e-mail you the list of secrets.

I'm having a little trouble myself... I've been on the top levels of both libraries (unless there are more), and in and around the lord's room. I can't find these windows you're talking about. I can't get into the North Wing, either. Or the mechanist chapel. The locks on the last two are not pickable. (I'm playing on expert) This is getting really frustrating!!! Help!!

Stauf

PS- Nightwalker, if you could email me that list of secrets, I'd much appreciate it. It might give me a clue as to what direction to go next.

stauf - I'll e-mail you the list, but your best resource for information on what to do next is the instruction list that you can find in the Captain's room.
    Spoiler:
    He also has the key for the North Wing, which you have to get. It sounds like you've missed his room, which is an important stop. The library that was being talked about earlier is the Lord's private library in the North Wing.

Thanks, I found the Captain's bedroom. I thought I had found it before, it was the one across from the chapel. And is that the lord walking around? Looks an awful lot like Karras. I found a secret, I'm up to 12. [Thumbs Up!]

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: Stauf ]

The Lord of the Manor walks out of the Captain's room and comes back later. He has a key you need, as well.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast