TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T1 Prodigal Corpse- 2000.12.23

T1 Prodigal Corpse- 2000.12.23

Edit. Important Unna Oertdottir has made a fix for this mission so that it will end on Hard and Expert. See here for details.

-------------------------------------------------

OK I put the guy in the tub,all cameras disabled,and the Guards...Out cold.Heres the
    problem, I got the key out of the room
    in the library,went to the room out in the
    hall and the key didnt work. Whare do I use this key? And how do I get the door outside the library open ? (the metal one between two fires)

You're still missing something. Have you been in the Library and seen the puddles? They're a clue. If you want a spoiler, highlight here
    Spoiler:
    You need to take a water arrow and hit the tapestry(painting? It's been awhile) down at the end where the desk is and the floor puddles are the largest. That opens a secret room farther back in the library shelves, where you'll find what you need.

Nightwalker I finished playing Prodigal Corpse and when I get to the front garden the level does not end??? Also I want to take this time to thank Nightwalker and Dreamwalker for all their help in my last two missions I played. I am moving to a new house and will be off the net for some time until I unpack and reroute my network in my house. I would also like to Thank all my fellow Thieves for any help you have given me in playing these missions, especially to those that build them for us to play. Looking Glass Studios is Dead!!!! Long Live Looking Glass Studios!!!! We will never forget you!!!!

I think, in this one, you have to go back to the exact spot you started, way on the far side of the front garden.

Good luck with the move to your new house, and I'll look forward to your return to the forum.

I fixed the problem with things not finishing in the latest version, which is the one that's up at the keep. That also includes a helpful hints document, and a source of water arrows (some people ran out before needing one for the puzzle).

Help please!!! I've looked everywhere and have yet to find the talking rat. I did find 4 small rats in where the water entrance is. Knocked a few of them with my blackjack and got a "dead rat"...still no talking rat.

I'm not sure why you feel you have to find the talking rat. His room is on the same floor as the master bedroom. It is the room just south of the art gallery. It's a big bedroom, but over in the corner there is a little house (looks like a dog house) and a small fountain. Once you let him out, he quite often runs around the house, but I think he usually ends up back in his room. He sounds like an ratman (apebeast, whatever they are supposed to be) by the way.

Thanks for the reply Nightwalker. The objectives state that I have to knock out and ratkip Dulcinea's enchanted pet. It also states that I am not to kill that rat. When I first went into that room, I saw the rathouse, but no rat! Am I misinterperting something here??? I'm figuring I have to find the rat and put it take it with me or something to that effect.

I don't think I've played this one on Expert. Maybe that's why I didn't see this objective. If he's not in the room, then he's out running around the mansion and he could be really hard to find. You'll know him when you "hear" him, though. I don't know if he has a predictable patrol path or not. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Thanks for the effort Nightwalker! Much appreciated.

Pseudonymouse - HELP!!!

I restarted on Expert to have a look. Did you set off the alarm before you got to the rat's room? If the alarm goes off he runs out and around the mansion, so he would have been gone before you got there. If the alarm didn't go off, when you opened that room,there should have been a girl standing over in the corner and the rat running around on the floor. I tried to alert him and then follow to see where he went, but every time he got stuck trying to run up the stairs to the top level. Have you checked those stairs? He doesn't have to be blackjacked, he is frobbable and goes into your inventory. He also runs on ceilings and walls, so you really have to look all over. If you can't find him, I can only suggest restarting and making sure you get to that room without alerting him and then it's easy to pick him up.

My goodness Nightwalker...you are the most helpful person! How very kind of you to go to that much trouble to help me. Yes, of course I managed to set off the alarms before I got to the second floor (although I did turn them off). I'll give the place another good look all around and if I don't find the rat....well, I may have to restart it myself. Thanks again for going the extra distance!!!

Well, I ended up restarting to see what he looked like and how he acted/reacted. I tried several times to follow him to see if there was a pattern, but didn't find one. Heck, I even had trouble keeping him in sight for very long once I ran into a guard. So, I ended up restarting for good as I don't think I would have found him any other way. He just blends in or was stuck somewhere and never appeared. Thanks again for the help!

Your welcome, vandi. He's really hard to find once he gets out of that room.

As is typical for me, I'm stuck on a problem that seemingly no one else has had (at least it hasn't appeared on the forum).

Playing on Expert, I've achieved every objective except for the Hammerite faction plans one. I think I've been everywhere including the secret Hammer area under the chapel and read every book and scroll I've found. Anyone remember the solution?

Thanks!

Thiefmissions.com

I had a little trouble there as well. Look closely in the secret hammerite area. In particular look very closely at the
    spoiler:
    floor
    - J<

Found it, thanks!

Although I completed all the objectives and found all loot, the mission still wouldn't end for me so I concluded it by bungee jumping off the balloon without the bungee cords.

About the rat.
    Sneak into the room then close the door behind you and the rat won't run off! Unless he knows how to open doors!
    Go easy on me, I'm a girl :oP

I seem to be having a probmel.
    I found the key in the secret room in the library where you have to shoot a water arrow at that painting or whatever. But the key it doens't open that metal door! What do I use that key for?

You need 2 keys to get in there. The one you have opens a grated inside the outer door. You need to go to the Master bedroom, go into the side room and get a key from on top of the bookcases. That will open the outer door.

ooooh kewl... there must be something very valuable in there since its locked up so tight!

Quote Originally Posted by naarmo
    About the rat.
    Sneak into the room then close the door behind you and the rat won't run off! Unless he knows how to open doors!
    The rat, in fact, can open doors, at least the door to his room. No kidding, I saw him do it (on Expert) 7 times today. Tried sneaking in, tried crouching and grabbing the little ... rat ... finally I just gas arrow'd him and picked him up.

I about peed myself the first time he "talked" to me, though. BWAAA HAAA HAAA!!!!

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    I made a fix for this mission as requested by fortuni (It wouldn't end on hard+expert difficulty)

Code:
    DML1

//Fix for Prodigal Corpse: Mission not ending on hard/expert; also fix for no-kill objective with the rat

+ObjProp 8 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }

+ObjProp 8 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_7
    }
    +ObjProp 9 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 1" TrigRoomPlayer
    }
    +Link 9 8 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 535 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }

+ObjProp 535 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =3:goal_state_7
    }
    +ObjProp 1074 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" Trigslain
    }
    +Link 1074 535 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 23 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 23 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_4
    }
    +Link 9 23 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 7 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 23 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_5
    }
    +Link 9 7 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 14 "Scripts"
    {
        "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 14 "TrapQVar"
    {
        "" =1:goal_state_6
    }
    +Link 9 14 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    Save this as miss19.mis.dml or download dml
    Instructions how to install dmls
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145374

Download
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/dg...is_dml_fix.zip

Thank you very much for that - I've added to the first post.

I'll work my way through all the ones you've done and add to the OPs. Let me know if I miss any.

Finished on Newbie in 59 minutes with 1729 of 1929 total loot. Standard mansion heist with rather basic architecture. Download this only if you absolutely want to play every fan mission ever released. Some weird design decisions, like a staircase hidden inside a larger staircase. Most of the rooms feel like a bit too large. I started bunnyhopping towards the end to save time. The ingame map is rather ugly. A scroll in a secret room the player must enter in order to complete the mission contains a message from the author thanking the people who helped create the mission. In my opinion, this is an immersion breaker and the text should be either in the mission's readme file or in a less accessible easter egg.

The most memorable thing about this mission is probably the talking rat. I just don't understand why it was there. The journal in the same room hinted at someone missing their loved one. Was this supposed to be a failed attempt at a resurrection?

Here are potential stumbling blocks in The Prodigal Corpse I noticed:
    1. Getting inside the locked room with the blueprints #1: The key for the outer door lies on a bookshelf in the room next to the master bedroom. (easily missed)
    2. Getting inside the locked room with the blueprints #2: The key for the metal grate is hidden in a secret room in the library. It opens when a water arrow is shot at a banner next to a desk. Water puddles nearby provide a clue. (illogical)
    3. Getting inside the locked room with the blueprints #3: Players might miss the lock on the left side of the metal grate. (hidden in darkness)
    4. Getting the Hammerite plan #1: Players might miss the frobbable statue in the chapel. (mandatory secret)
    5. Getting the Hammerite plan #2: The plans are hidden under a hatch on the floor of the secret Hammerite basement. (hidden in darkness)

I myself had problems with 1. and 2. and needed the hints in this thread. Thanks, Nightwalker!