TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Maddoc's simulator

Lars Peter

Maddoc's simulator

Hello!
    Anyone here??

I am a new member here, and I found this sites interesting.
    You have to beer with me, because I am an old man of 43 and my English language is not always correct.
    I have searched for information about the old/new L.G/MADDOC simulator
    "Combat-Thunder over Europe/janes attack squadron".
    I can not find much information about it on the internet.Besides the sites of "Maddoc".
    Does anyone know when it will be released??

It seems to be a miracle that this is to be saved for the sim.communities around the world.(this should also being done for the FU3 enthusiasts).I mean- that many people are trying to develop many addons for FU3, and some "supertalented" people are very succellful doing just that!!
    You can visit the sites/download library of avim.com to see it.

Is the new sceenery compatible to import into FU3??

Best wishes.
    Lars Peter.

> Hello!
    > Anyone here??

Hi Lars! Welcome to our little Flight Unlimited forum. It doesn't get a lot of conversation, but we're glad it's here

The latest news is that JAS is due to be released in March! I'll post the press release after this reply.

If you've looked at www.maddocsoftware.com in the past few days, you'll have seen the new screenshots they've posted. As always with LG's sims, the terrain looks beautiful.

The official site aside, there's not much out there, but with the release as close as this, I suspect that we'll start to see more about it in the coming weeks!

> It seems to be a miracle that this is to be saved for the
    > sim.communities around the world.(this should also being
    > done for the FU3 enthusiasts).I mean- that many people are
    > trying to develop many addons for FU3, and some "supertalented"
    > people are very succellful doing just that!!
    > You can visit the sites/download library of avim.com to see it.

Yep, it's wonderful that people are still out there supporting FU3 -- the fact that they're doing it says a lot for just how good that sim really is, even now. We all just wish that more people had discovered it in the first place :/

And yes, I just about shouted out loud in happiness when I heard that Flight Combat/JAS had been revived... truly a joyous moment!

> Is the new sceenery compatible to import into FU3??

No, it won't be. The terrain engine for JAS is totally new -- it had to be; the area modelled is far larger than in the previous Flight Unlimited sims. (In fact, I'm pretty sure that most of the design and code in JAS is brand new, and not based on FU3 at all.)

[quote]
    Xicat Interactive have announced that Janes Attack Squadron will be releasing around the world this March. Xicat, who took over from Electronic Arts as the publisher of all Janes games, released details of the game late yesterday.

"The focus of gameplay is on low-level attacks of tactical targets, over ground and sea. Missions include air strikes on a wide range of targets including warships, subs, trains, tanks, airfields, and factories. Other mission types add variety, and include Patrol, Intercept, and Strategic Bombing. Missions are set in the Western European Theatre, primarily in Western France, Western Germany, and the Low Countries. Sea-based missions are flown over the English Channel and North Sea off the European coast.

Jane’s Attack Squadron offers single missions, campaigns, quick missions, and training missions. Campaigns combine single-style missions, and put the player in the role of squad leader, while quick missions allow the player to set a few parameters and jump into the fray. Training missions cover basics (takeoff and landing) and attack maneuvers (such as dive-bombing and using rockets and torpedoes). The game also includes robust multiplayer support for up to 8 players via LAN or TCP/IP. Multiplayer options include deathmatch style Dogfights.

Jane’s Attack Squadron will feature up to 14 flyable aircraft. Each has an accurately modelled 3D cockpit with fully functioning dials and gauges. The game also boasts one of the most detailed aircraft damage systems in any aircraft simulation. Each aircraft is composed of multiple components, each being completely damageable and many which can also break off. Bullet decals also appear in the exact location of bullet strikes, ensuring that battle damage will never look the same way twice."

Lars Peter

Thank's for the info.
    Good to see that it will soon be released.
    I signed the internet petition for this simulator during the falling days of L.G. and I am looking forward to again be able to fly into a "new prima" high.res. sceenery.
    Those screenshot's looks fantastic.

Thank's again.
    Lars Peter.