TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: So what's the current status of Flight Combat?

So what's the current status of Flight Combat?

I'm sorry if I don't read the news or check every TTLG thread posted, but I had to ask this question even if it was already answered.

Just the usual questions is all I'm really going to ask (but if there's any other bit of info on this game that you'd like give... please do). Who owns it now (the product that was worked on)? Have they said what they're going to do with it?

If it's only the creditors, has anybody expressed any interest in buying the license?

And if it's not too much trouble, try to be as thorough as you possibly can (I'm a sucker for nit-picky details ). Thanx.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Nedan ]

In a nutshell, I don't know...

I would expect that the primary owners are the people who were paying for the development. Alternatively, whoever picked up LGS's remains may have a claim.

EA (bastards) I hope have absolutely no ownership rights whatsoever.

I certainly haven't heard of anyone wanting to pick up the project (the team did look for a new publisher for about a week or so, before time ran out...)
    If anyone had been truly interested, I can't help but think they would have stepped forward -- it wasn't as if LGS's passing went unnoticed...

Sad, frustrating, infuriating

Excuse my language Shadowcat... but that's really f***ed up. A great game that was shot down before it had a chance to really shine because EA is run by nothing more than a bunch of pricks.

Can anyone contact one of the team members that was working on it to find out if they know what happened to it?

You don't need to apologise; it _is_ completely fucked up

* The team wanted to finish the sim (they estimated another two months work.)

* The people paying for the development wanted to keep paying to get it finished.

* All that was needed was for EA to agree to still publish the game, as had been planned. EA decided to dump it.

Whoever made that decision is an absolute bastard.