TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief Chess

kfgecko

Thief Chess

You've seen classic chess pieces, D&D chess pieces, the Hobbit chess pieces, space age chess pieces, and probably even Star Wars chess pieces.... Well, now it's time for:

THIEF CHESS

<a href="http://members.xoom.com/geckobeach/pcgames/thief/chess">Check out a few screen pics</a> of the "demo" mission. (It'll be a demo thing, not a real level.)

------------------
    It waits fo' yo' bad self.. check into Bloodstone Prison (A Kung Fu Gecko mission)
    Have you visited The Library? "gem of a level" "tons of replay" "1.5 to 2 silver" - TDP TEG

[This message has been edited by kfgecko (edited December 13, 1999).]

Cratus

kfgecko,

I went to look at the pics but I get an error. It can't find "index.html".

Just thought you'd want to know.

------------------
    -----------------------

~~Cratus~~

The Falleen Database

kfgecko

Try it again... the server (either yours or Xoom) may have temporarily been down. I checked it on a PC, and on a Unix station already; the link works. But thanks anyways.

------------------
    It waits fo' yo' bad self.. check into Bloodstone Prison (A Kung Fu Gecko mission)
    Have you visited The Library? "gem of a level" "tons of replay" "1.5 to 2 silver" - TDP TEG

Flakeman

<marquee>!!!AAHHH... Sweet!!!</marquee>

kfgecko... you da man.

------------------
    "I thrive in the darkest of night...
    and the depths of hell are my home...
    and I shall..."

wait... where's my cigarettes?

[This message has been edited by Flakeman (edited December 13, 1999).]

Thief_ZeR0

So how in hell are you supposed to play it though?

------------------
    Take care, and remember the most important Thief level designer maxim: Don't forget to eat.

The Maw of Chaos - Official Site of Coming of the Trickster
    Descent4.net

Autolycus

What a great idea! Can't wait to see it done !

Mr.Mojo

Well actually I discovered (I think, if not anyone did it before me ) this idea half a year ago. The reason why I didn't do it was because I couldn't get it to work. So I wish you good luck.

kfgecko

Mr Mojo, yeah, you did have the first published evidence of Thief chess. Kudos to you.

Anyways, I'm gonna post ThiefChess up to TDP as a demo. And if my first post wasn't clear (I said it was a DEMO not a mission), then I'll make it clear: it's not a mission. And you won't be able to actually play chess. It's just to see the characters moving in that fashion.

Actually, I already did several moves (see the full board screen shot). The guard/apebeast "pawns", the priestess/bugbeast "queens", and the Haunt/Hammer "knights" move in position in their legal moves in succession (like a real chess game). Then the priestess (yeah, a priestess, she shoots magic hammers like a Hammer priest but looks and sounds like a woman) kills a piece. It all looks a lot like BattleChess from back in the day.

That's just the effect I was going for. And that's all the effort I'm gonna put it.

------------------

Fred Chook

Ah, BattleChess. The noisiest Knight-Taking-Pawn ever.

Croooowwwkkkkkkk
    WOSHHF!
    JFJNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!