TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Library - T1 FM by Kung Fu Gecko (Jul. 29, 2000)

O.T.2000

The Library - T1 FM by Kung Fu Gecko (Jul. 29, 2000)

Who knows if anybody but kfgecko will remember this but anyways. In the tower I pickpocketed two of the same yellow keys from hammer priests. I couldn't find any doors to use with these keys. Is there some secret or hard to find area in the tower or other place to use these keys or are the keys pointless? And to clarify I'm not talking about the silver keys the guards carry or the gold key.
    I've finished the mission and it's very good also.

Download links:
    http://thiefmissions.com/m/library
    http://thief-thecircle.com/missions/
    http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/fmarchive.htm
    http://www.ttlg.de/de/download/navig...M-Download.xml

kfgecko

Those keys are the priests' keys to their bedrooms... which most people pick open any ways.

------------------
    In development: "Embracing the Enemy" progress: 32% |#########--+--!--+--+--+--+--|
    My Thief 1 missions: Bloodstone Prison (rate it!) and The Library (rate it!)

Help needed with "The Library"

I don't know how to open the metal door (behind the gate that can be raised with a switch) on the upper floors of the Library. I've gotten the Golden Skull from the Cathedral, is it supposed to do something? Anyway, help please. Thank you.

-Burt

You must have missed a room downstairs. There is one with a wooden door that you can pick open. Inside that room there is a gold key lying on the bed. That opens the door behind the grate.

Ahh, thanks once again, can't believe I missed that one [Tsk Tsk]

heh, I should start a thread named "Burt's stupid FM-questions to Nightwalker". It would never leave the top of the list

-Burt

The Library

I am playing on expert and have completed all the objectives in this mission except the 800 loot requirement. I have 600 and have combed the place several times without finding more. Of course the tower is a difficult place and I may have missed some there. I found two candlesticks, a vase and a ring in that area.

There is one place that you can rope arrow way down to the bottom and find some loot down there
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

I found a gold wine bottle at the bottom of a shaft near a body, after roping down. Still need 150 more and didn't see any other likely spots. Is there more in the tower?

Did you find the secret door in one of the bedrooms? There's a scroll that says something about Brother Michael being missin, which is the clue. There's a chest holding 200g. in there.

There's a nugget in the fountain outside the front doors worth 50g.

In the room where you find the gold key to unlock the tower, there's a tiara on the shelves worth 200g.

Thanks. I missed that secret door. I turned toward the bed after picking up the scroll and didn't see it. Also found the nugget, so I have plenty now. A very nice mission.

I've got a different problem. I found enough loot, but can't find the book in the tower. Now I know there are rooms I haven't gotten to, and the ramps never seem to take me there. Am I supposed to jump onto the window ledge and crawl though ? I've already tried this without success.
    Please don't tell me the book is stacked somewhere on a shelf and you have to have your nose right up to it before it "lights up"

No, it's not on a shelf. It's in a room on a table. The Library tower is pretty much a maze, so it's hard to tell you exactly where it is. In one of the upper level rooms, there's a set of stairs that leads down to a small room and the books on the table in there.

The library tower maze isn't as nearly as maddening as people first think... the easiest clue is this:

spoiler:
    Make to the highest room any way you can and cross it. Then you'll realize that it's one linear path from that point on...

I'm glad people are still enjoying my first real mission. I have the incling to make Return to the Library my next FM, if I ever make another.
    My Thief 2 missions: Embracing the Enemy, Creature Clash 2, Warehouse 51
    My Thief 1 missions: Bloodstone Prison,The Library, Creature Clash

"And dost the blackjack say to the knoggin, 'be still, for I shall bonk you?'
    Nay! 'Tis the allies of darkness and surprise that belet club meet skull for glorious bonkitude."

- Tennents of the Master Bonker

Originally posted by kfgecko
    ... if I ever make another.
    ?huh, you retired? I wondered what was going on, what project you were working on, etc. Return to Library would be cool, but a whole new library or a very heavily revamped one or something. I'm SURE that if you did it I would like the results no matter what, though
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

The Library - Can't find last bit of loot.

I'm playing The Library on Expert and managed to find 725 of the 800 loot I need to complete the mission. I've also met all the other objectives but I'm starting to pull my hair out for that last 75 loot. I've been over the place numerous times but am obviously missing something. Can anyone list the loot locations for this mission?

Thanks.

Drove me really nuts trying to find all the loot for this FM...I thought it worse than The Haunted Cathedral on Expert!

Once place I missed that is perhaps not so obvious is
    spoiler:
    at the bottom of one of the towers, where the guy is lying dead at the bottom. You need to use rope arrows to get down and up again, but there's a gold wine bottle, IIRC.
    Interrogation Technologist,
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

And on the other side of the tower at the bottom, there is a hammer mage...I don't remember if he had loot or not though. Also, did you go through all the secret passages in there? I think there were at least 3 or 4 of them. Personally, I found it kind of annoying since I couldn't make logical sense of the map...but I am suprised that you can't find at least 800 loot. Go back out there and search!!!

Kiech

Well, I searches some more and found the last bit of loot. I ended up with all the loot from the level. It was a gold piece on the shelf in the bedroom but I missed it because it was rendered flat. The only way I could see it was to walk up to the shelf and look down at it! Finished the level though. Was a bit of a challenge for me though since I never did Expert where I couldn't kill people.

Thanks for the help.

what are the yellow keys for

pickpocketed 2 yellow keys from each of the priests in the library tower. Haven't been able to figure what they are for? Still able to complete the mission on expert but am 100 short of the 925 total loot possible even after
    spoiler:
    the secret area off the bedroom, the fountain and the shelf in the bedroom the tower key was found in.
    Are these yellow keys just bogus or do they open another secret area that holds another 100 in loot

The keys from the priests in the tower work on the pickable bedroom doors... so you really don't need them. I put them in just for consistancy, but in hindsight (this was my first mission) they didn't need to be there.

Tough loot spots:

spoiler:

- dead drunk guy with fine wine at bottom of one of the tower ramp areas. Use a rope arrow to get down
    - silver chunk in fountain
    - various chalaces, candle sticks and gold ring in the tower
    - secret door to chest in a priest bedroom.

Library, Book of Feauxton?

Hey,

I'm playing old T1 FM's today...I'm in this one called "Library". I'm supposed to get into a "library tower" and get the Book of Feauxton...I've cleaned out and searched the entire level except there's a large locked door behind a gate. I opened the gate, but can't find a key or switch for the door.

Anybody remember this one?

Thxs

There's a gold key lying on a bed in one of the bedrooms that opens that door. The bedroom opens off of the hallway that is north of the dining room.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Linda, you're absolutely amazing.

I agree Yandros!!! THIS IS AMAZING!
    I gues she has an archive of Thief missions in her home .... or at least in her mind! That's freaky! I can't do that!

So: YES Linda, you're absolutely amazing!!!

Thanks for all the help you give to us, taffers. ..... and more!

BTW: I'm still trying to play the T1 FM's. So I don't have an answer to the original question here ..... I think Nightwalker already did that.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

LOL! Not so amazing if you could see the pile of notebooks in my drawer and the folders full of notes and a huge Allsaves folder on my computer. Besides, I find it easier to remember the really old missions. They weren't as complex or long as the newer ones so I generally had time to play them quite a few times before something new came out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast