TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Equilibrium (07/12/2000)

SilentSleep

T2 FM: Equilibrium (07/12/2000)

Well, despite IE's attempts to foil me I am going to post this.

I've made a new FM! It's called Equilibrium, and, moving swiftly on, it's 2Mb.

It's up at the following sites now:
    Cheap Thief Missions
    The Circle
    The Keep
    Darklurker
    TTLG.de

I'll paste the blurb now. I've having to use a text browser right now, so I'm sorry if this post is a mess. Anyway, enjoy.

"Some days you just feel lucky. A local fence told me some homeless
    guy stumbled on something very interesting. From the sound of it,
    the bum found an entrance to a Keeper facility. Standard practice
    for the Keepers would be to seal up the place after that, but I'm
    hoping I might find some way in. I'd love a couple of hours inside
    to catch up on old times, and maybe find put why the hell they're
    so interested in me these days. "

------------------
    /~sleepy/thief
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 8th Jan 2013 at 12:23. Reason: updated links

Keeper Hellzon

Is this thing finished? Then maybe you´ve heard of a place called "The Circle of Stone and Shadow"? I think they host FM:s.

------------------
    Webmaster of the keepers' library, and violent member of SIDE.
    "To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer." - P. Ehrlich

SilentSleep

I've sent Dan a mail already, but I imagine it'll take a couple of weeks. It should be up on the Underground too sometime, probably sooner.

So nyah.

twisty

Despot at The Underground got my FM posted up half a day after I contacted him, so I think that its a very good place to send yours. By the way, do you need this beta-tested, or have you already finished?

Check out my New FM
    The Ritual

You can download it at The Underground

SilentSleep

No, it's been betatested, but as always I reserve the right to make a 1.1 version.

Why on earth is everyone so surprised it's finished? I hope you're not basing that on having played it. *lol*

Sarik

Woah. Congrats on the first mission that succesfully scared the sh*t out of me at the beginning.

Larson

SilentSleep..

Wonderful, wonderful atmosphere. The place really gave me that "presence" feeling of being in a ancient forbidden place, filled with unknown elements. The way you used the very dimly set fog really did give the place the sense of being old and dusty and forgotten.

Thanks.

- Larson

Loanstar

Excellent mission. The story carries it FAR!

I'm not a dromeder. but I can tell that there were a few things that could have been tricky.

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT! Trust me, you don't wanna spoil this wonderful plot, so stop reading unless you've played it.

Okay. If you're down here, then you must agree that this has some amazing elements to it, That whole "skills of the Keepers" thing is just great!

I am slightly confused though... I think I got the just of it, but if my calculations are correct, then this means I need to make 16 trips to the sealed door??? Hmmm. I hope I'm wrong, or I'd have to say that Murus has met his match as far as "go get me this" and "fetch me that", and "wipe all the counters in the whole place down before you go" stuff goes.

I don't want an answer, yet if I'm wrong, could someone let me know?

Cheers, and congrats on a truly immersive mission SilentSleep!!!

SilentSleep

Hehe . "Tricky" is a bit of an understatement... The plot was a bit tacked on near the end, but I'm glad you still liked it.

You don't need to make 16 trips, 1 will do if you get the right talismans first time.

Spanker

Hey i loved your FM, but its damn hard! cause i cant see where the damn keepers are, there wayy to hidden, and i keep on getting either an arrow in my eye, or a sword over my skull!

also the keepers seem to know where i am even though im completely camoflaged.

------------------
    The Dark shadows are music to my ears.

Avalon

I just got done with this one, and there's not much to say other than it's fabulous. It ranks right up there with Benny's Dead.
    If you want to fear the shadows as much as you fear the light, this one's definitely for you.

------------------
    T2x Project Lead
    Beware the coming of the Machines...
    Visit The Sanctum for tutorials on the Soulforge Machinery, all with working demos included.
    The Sanctum Discussion forums, for all news related to my FM series entitled, "The Chaos Cycle," which features the Keepers and their struggle with the lasting legacy of Karras...

camelhammer

I beta'd this gem, and I decided to not make a stink about the AI being too easy to kill. From spanker's comments, it's a good thing I didn't! I consider myself a master Thief swordsman, but I've got a tip for seeing the Keepers. Up the gamma all the way when you hear them. They blend in even better with fog, so be careful. And remember to use those flares.

TLuk

Superb! Superb! I was scared when I played this gem. The keepers moved swiftly and unseen. I had to pay an attention very carefully. It's small but neat. Congradulations!

SilentSleep

Yep, the flares are one of your most valuable tools in this FM.

Keeper Hellzon

Seems I´ve got something to do next week then. Sorry about being so harsh on you in my first post.

Nightwalker

You don't actually need the flares. I played it through on all difficulty levels when I tested it, and I never used even one, or any water arrows. It's a marvellous level, especially on Expert.

Gonzo

Thanks, I needed a new FM.
    It`s just what the doctor ordered.

------------------
    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."

SilentSleep

Hmmm... Would the concensus be that the Keepers worked then?

It's up at the Underground now too.

[This message has been edited by SilentSleep (edited December 09, 2000).]

Sneaksie Thiefsie

Get this one! Forget about all the other ones; this is, without a doubt, the best of the bunch. The architecture is superb, and the enemies...well, they're far more challenging than any you've seen before.

Two words: DOWNLOAD IT!

Sneaksie Thiefsie

------------------
    Thou Shalt Not Rob From The House I Have Built, Or Commit Any Theft Or Unrighteousness, Lest Ye Be Struck Down And Driven Into The Earth Forthwith, And The Land Of The Heathen Consume You

Now here: The Hand of Karras. Check out this fanfic at www.thief-thecircle.com

sp4f

Brilliant. So when do we get another FM from you????

picklocke

Very, very nice FM. I'll still be swinging my sword at spectres that aren't there in other missions. This is what I imagine Thief multiplayer to be like.

------------------
    "I don't know & I don't care. We go through this all the time. You ask these stupid questions & something goes wrong. Lord Bafford, Lord Donnell, Sheriff Truart, we worked for all of them and always got fired because someone broke in, something got stolen, or someone got killed. I'm always too distracted in answering your stupid questions. When this job is over, your on your own. I'm done with ya."
    -Guard 1(with a cold) to Benny

Mazur

A very stealthy mission with great thiefy ambience. Thanks for sharing Silent Sleep

------------------
    Mazur

Previously Important

It's also a kick-ass tutorial on Keeper AI. When you've done playing, rip it open and see the wizardry...
    There are some things going on in here that would make even Totality sweat, I'll warrant.

Northon

Yah, wow, that AI is crazy.

How did you control opacity of the keeper models? Were you able to get it so they appear more visible in lighter surroundings?

One thing I really liked was the way they were extra paranoid over things like opened doors.

SilentSleep

I used a few different tricks to change their transparency. They do appear more solid in brighter areas, yes.

This could be my last FM, at least for a long while. I might do another small FM for T2, but nothing big for the forseeable future.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast