TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cult of the Resurrection: Thief 1 FM (May 24, 2000)

Kimberley

Cult of the Resurrection

Can anyone help me with some advice re the above FM? I seem to have been everywhere - have knocked out Katrina, and permanently disposed of Constantine's corpse, got the jewel, but can't find the sword! Spoil me please... also are you supposed to do anything in the room with the coffin and the statue opposite where you find the zombies?
    Thanks

Kimberley

Walkthrough? There's a walkthrough?? Please somebody tell me where I can find this. This FM is driving me crazy! Done everything but find the holy sword. Thanks

Rain76

Yeah I cant find that damn sword either. How the hell do you get it?

Rain76

Oh yeah Pediat, to answer your question...do the following to get into the underground base.

1. Go to the Hammer Cathedral from your starting location.

2. On the right hand side of the cathedral is a hole in the wall (it goes through a tower and around to the side of the building)

3. Once you get on the side of the building go down the steps to a doorway. Unlock it, and follow the rooms till you get to a room with a small hole in the ceiling..use your rope arrow to get up to the next level.

4.After you leave the room you just hopped into, you'll enter a room with a guard carrying a light and a balcony (I think) Theres treasure to get here but I'll let you figure that out. Just head out the door to your left.

5. You'll come into another room. Keep going left.

6. You'll enter a third room, theres a shed type door floor level, go to it and go downstairs. You'll wind up down in a basement type area. Theres an old trashed hammer sanctuary in here, you can go through or around..just watch for guards.

As you make your way to the back you'll eventually see a gated off passage that leads to a lower level (theres a small pool of water that you can see at the bottom of the passage...now just face the gate/door and look up and to your right "Walah!" A lock you can pick. (Its kinda hard to see, very easy to pass by) Follow the passage down and your in the base.

Hope that all helps.

labrekk

T1 FM: Cult of the Resurrection (help, please!!)

Hello,

Once again, I need some help to finish that mission. I'm playing the easier level, but I cannot find the goddamn Holy Sword of St. Edgar (all the other objectives are done). Where is it?
    Also, I found the well and went in the water, there seems to be a passage there, but I cannot enter it. Is it the way to the sewers where we have to escape at the end?

Last thing: I didn't my "own" sword anywhere. Is it on purpose that there is no sword available for the player in that mission or did I just miss it?

Thanks.

labrekk

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Amazing what a couple months will do to your memory. I finished Cult, but I have no idea the answer to any of your questions! Sorry

------------------
    - The Keep of Metal and Gold - Fan Missions, Upcoming FM's, Screens, More! (old address)
    - March 28 - NEW FM's "Gervy's Archery Tourny" & "Mystery Man", updated "Curse Carnival", 3 upcoms

Sledge

Yeah, the water is the sewers where you have to escape at the end. In retrospect, I definitely should have put a Garrett VO there letting you know, but it's good ya found it.

(SPOILERS)
    The sword is down in the depths. Go to the center of the yellow bricked hideout area, then look for a door that leads east on the first floor. It should be the only door that exits east on the first floor. Through here, you'll find a passage to the barracks, then a series of steps and ladders leading down. Keep following stuff down until you reach a huge cave with some rafters overhead. Use your rope arrows and the sword is on the other side.

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

labrekk

Thanks Sledge!

I'll try to complete the mission as soon as I have time to play.

labrekk

P.S. BTW, congrats. The mission was very nice to play. I would have preferred to have a sword in my inventory, but oh well...

Sledge

Originally posted by labrekk:
    I would have preferred to have a sword in my inventory, but oh well...
    Yeah, heh heh, some people did complain about that. Reason you don't have weapons is because I wanted to gear Burglar towards total non-violence. Assassin, on the other hand, is the exact opposite, where you're forced to kill everybody, and Thief difficulty I geared towards standard knockout style.

------------------
    =======================
    T2X Level Design Lead

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

FM: cult of resurrection: looking for spirit stone

I suppose I've yet searched everywhere (burglar level), where is it, please?

NoCokePepsi

IIRC, it's in the chapel, sitting in front of the sarcophagus upon which Constantine's mummy lies.

I'm the worst thief since the stone age, by far

Cult of the resurrection where's the trusty black jack?

High people! Can anyone tell me where to find my sword and blackjack in this mission? I'm kinda lost without them. Kinda like Linus w/o his security blanket I've got plenty of broadheads but it takes too much to take the thieves out ad I don't want to get blasted trying to draw & nok arrows while they're after me! There is a sword and black jack in this mission right?

I wish I could help out on this one, but I don't remember if I ever found the blackjack or not. I remember getting a sword fairly near the end. I even played it a bit to where you get to the zombie cell, but finally gave up.

What I need to do is make a transcription of every FM I play and save it in Word. Then I can search each FM and answer questions like these!! Has anybody done this? It would take many, many days of effort. Maybe that will be my next project. Like I need some more.

I take it you're playing on Burglar, ay? The blackjack will be in the weapons room (along with a bunch of arrows and 3 chests) on the first floor of the hideout. Look for a door to the south.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

Cult of the Resurrection help

Is that super sword of Saint Edgar(?) in the level somewhere? Do i use it to kill that
    Spoiler:
    Haunt-Beast thing
    if not, how do i kill that
    Spoiler:
    Haunt-Beast thing
    ?

Who's Robert also?

huh, spoiler code came out kinda funny...

Spoiler:
    Yes, it is... it's in the lowest depths across a huge pit of lava (you'll find stuff to help you in Captain Thulus's room). Look for a door to the east on the ground level of the hideout. Robert is Katrina's body guard, but isn't present on Burglar, only Assassin and Thief levels.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

Well, the man himself!
    Thanks for the tip. Also I'm playing on Assassin, what does this Robert fellow look like?

Well, I finished it up. That's the first mission that's ever asked me to kill 27 people. I'll make sure to play it on Burglar and Master Thief to check out hte differences in the level. Oh, plus i've got Inverted Manse all set up to play also, i'll have to do that next.

Originally posted by O.T.2000:
    Well, I finished it up. That's the first mission that's ever asked me to kill 27 people. I'll make sure to play it on Burglar and Master Thief to check out hte differences in the level. Oh, plus i've got Inverted Manse all set up to play also, i'll have to do that next.
    Cool, the Inverted Manse is a lot more sophisticated, so hopefully you should like that better. The Assassin difficulty on CotR is the only place where you have to kill anyone... Burglar is geared towards straight sneaking, Thief difficulty is geared towards KO-ing guards.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Help with Cult of Resurrection

Please help me with the riddle.

I've moved the stones, fired a fire arrow and put out torches until my eyes and fingers hurt, but I can't seem to get any further. What should I do instead?

Rgds.

Highlight here:
    Spoiler:
    Hopefully, you found some body pieces in chests down in the armoury. Take the skeletal arm and put it in the hole with the rocks around it. Take the torso and put it in the hole with the water. Take the head and sit it on the altar and then use a fire arrow to light the torch the statue is holding. That does it.

Originally posted by Nightwalker:
    That does it.
    Thanks, my life (or at least evening) is saved.

I've done all that (arm, head, etc.)....nothing happened after I lit the torch.

Also, when I climb down the well, I found what looks like a little passage way to the right, but I cannot get through to it. Should I be able?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast