TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cult of the Resurrection: Thief 1 FM (May 24, 2000)

I'm not sure about the passageway, sorry, but the door outside the room with the puzzle should have opened if you did it right. If you have a save before that, try again.

Thanks for the reply. I did find the door!!

It looks like I'm done, except for locating some additional loot (gems) and escaping out the sewer. That passageway under the well looks like it has a grate in front of it. Don't know if it will open or not. That looks like the only possible sewer I can find.

Once you have enough loot, you don't have to actually escape, just get to the right area (which I think is the grate you are talking about) and it'll finish.

Maybe you guys(gals? burricks?) can help me out. I tried Cult a few months ago and couldn't get started. I found my way to the church, found the moss arrows and the door in the dark alley on the right side but couldn't figure how to get in! Am I missing an obvious entrance? I'm embarrassed.

Originally posted by Splunge:
    Maybe you guys(gals? burricks?) can help me out. I tried Cult a few months ago and couldn't get started. I found my way to the church, found the moss arrows and the door in the dark alley on the right side but couldn't figure how to get in! Am I missing an obvious entrance? I'm embarrassed.
    Just beyond the right side, there are two doors, one on ground level, one down some steps. The one down some steps is pickable, leading to teh basement. In the basement, you should be able to rope arrow up to the first floor through a hole in the ceiling.
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

CULT OF THE RESURRECTION

I know I must be stupid, but I can't find the necromancer. What obvious thing am I missing, folks.
    Ta.

I don't know if this is the right place, because I didn't play it on a level where you had to find the necromancer, but did you solve the puzzle in the room with the statue down by the zombies? If not, that could be what you need to do.

Taking a break

Unfortunately, I haven't played that FM since something like summer '00, so I can remember almost nothing!

So that's the secret to getting a 5000+ post count.

Nightwalker's right- in the statue room, put the body parts in the appropriate holes. Read the stone marker for a hint on which goes where.

Hey, thanks for that tip!
    You know, I thought I had tried it, what a thing. ugh.
    Here I go.

analein

Cult of the Resurrection

Somehow my questions got deleted, so here they are again.

How do you destroy Constantine's corpse? I've dragged him all over the map, and I cannot seem to hack at him with the Holy Sword. Fire arrows and exploding mines do not seem to work either.

Also, in the chamber beyond the body parts puzzle (and past the hall with the skull windows), there appears to be a hidden door to the right of the bed (near the statue). Is this just a graphichs glitch, or is there really a door there, and if so, how do you open it?

Thanks for any help.

KoMaG's new contest thread was pointing to your questions, for some reason
    Drop him in the furnace thingy (Constantine, that is, not our fair and benevolent moderator )

[ September 27, 2001: Message edited by: zacharias ]

How very strange! I answered your questions last night, then they were in the wrong thread and now they're gone altogether. zacharias has the Constantine thing right. There is a hole in the floor in one room and if you look down it, you see lava. Drop him in there.

As for the "secret" door, I've looked and looked for a trigger and never been able to find one, either. Maybe Sledge will come along and enlighten us as to whether there is really anything there or not.

Yes, that is a secret door. It will lead you to the Necromancer whom you have to kill if you're playing on the expert level. I always play just on expert so I can't say for certain but if you're playing on one of the other levels I'd be willing to bet that the trigger for it has been removed since you don't have to go there.

The best way to find out would be to see if there's a lever on his desk which is in the adjoining room. The trigger for that door is quite easy to see so if it isn't right there you'll know.
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

Cult of the Resurrection is kicking my...

I don't want to be a whiner but I'm finding cult very difficult. I can't get a clean blackjack for my life. I usually prefer knockouts to slinking but maybe I need Lytha lessons. Any general advice? I got through the temple without much (too much) trouble, but in the hideout it's another story.

Need help with Cult of Resurrection

I'm playing on Hard and one of my objectives is to kill all Cult members, but I can't find anymore of them. All my other objectives are completed except from getting outta there. Does anyone know where to find more Cult members to kill?

-Burt

It's hard to say since I'm not sure whether you've done everthing else. If you have completed all the other objectives, then you should consider backtracking to the level with the hammer style altar and pews. I think there was a guard there patrolling in a circular fashion. The easiest way to be sure you aren't missing him would be to do one lap clockwise and then one counterclockwise. If you haven't killed the Necromancer that's another issue. If that's the case, you may want a spoiler (I'm assuming the Necromancer is present on the hard difficulty since I only played it on Expert).

Yes, please, where is the Necromancer??

-Burt

Heya Burt!

Like Kogger I only played on expert, but to get to the Necromancer's area you have to solve the puzzle in the statue room (right near where the zombie filled torture room is). You'll need those dismembered body parts you've found plus a fire arrow. Read the stone plaque on the floor in that room for instructions on how to open his door. Also make sure you get the guard upstairs in the cave area if you haven't yet.
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

Thanks everybody, now I've backstabbed the Necromancer. Wow, killing all the enemies in the level was tougher than I first thought! How I missed my blackjack... I hope this will teach me to be more sneaky in the future

BUT, I still haven't finished the mission!! The objectives tell me to get out of the fortress and enter a sewer (or something like that) but I have no idea where to go. Yes I am lame... ... help me please... again...

-Burt

Did you see a place where you can take an elevator up? Go up there and look around.

Cult of the resurrection entrance

I am having trouble finding the entrance to the hideout. I found a gate with two switches on the other side, but I can only reach the bottom one (apparently the top switch opens the gate, but I cannot reach it). I believe everyone to be knocked out in all the rooms that I can find. Any help would be appreciated as to how to proceed from here.

Thanks in advance.

Look for a lockbox on the wall to the right of the gate. It's really hard to see, but it's there, and you can pick it open.

I feel pretty silly having stood at that gate for over half an hour trying to lean in to hit the top button with the lock right next to my head. oh well. thanks for the help... back to the mission.

Cult Of The Resurrection

I thought I was close to the end when I retrieved Saint Edgars Sword, thinking it was the Spirit Stone. Now I have no where to go. The sword allowed me to kill the haunts, but I'm supposed to kill everybody and that hasn't been acomplished yet either.

So I'm guessing there is a continuation somewhere that I missed. Can anyone tell me where the Spirit Stone is?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast