TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cult of the Resurrection: Thief 1 FM (May 24, 2000)

Well, I've found the Spirit Stone. But I apparently haven't killed everyone yet. And I've gone over the whole map looking for whoever I missed. Plus I don't understand this sewer comment for leaving the fortress. Lots of puddles around, but no sewer.

So the question now is....where is this sewer exit? The only place that could possibly be involved is a passageway at the bottom of a well located in a top section only accessable by one way elevator. And that well passageway is obstructed by iron bars. No switch that I could find.

Am I missing something ??

This is more or less to keep the thread around the top so people will be aware of my problem.

One of the objectives is to kill ALL cult members. I'm assuming anything that walks is therefore killable, and I even offed the three haunts, using St Edgar's Sword. I ran around lifting the casualties to make sure they were "corpses" and not "unconscious". Two exceptions : Lady Katrina simply says Lady Katrina and not whether she is dead or unconscious, and the same for her friend Robert.

Now I must be missing an entire section which contains heretofore unkilled cult members and the access to the sewers for my escape. But where is it ???

push push push.......keeping this thread alive by myself. Is there an etiqette saying I shouldn't be doing this?

Gone, but never forgotten
    Did you put Constantine's body in the incinerator of the kitchen?

Did you put Lady Katrina in the water of the bathtub so that it's supposed to be for an incident?

Did you kill Robert?

The exit is indeed in the top of the elevator and it'll be necessary to dive into the water of the well.

* I pass by an automatic translator *

Thanks for responding Lady Jo.

Constantine's body was deposited into the incinerator.
    I didn't put Lady Katrina into the bathtub, and will do so right away.
    I think I killed Robert, but when I pick him up, all it says is "Robert" .Not whether he is unconscious or dead. Either way I'll chuck him into the incinerator for good measure.

I THOUGHT that water well was important ! But its gated shut a short ways and I can't go anywhere. But maybe those bars disappear when I dispose of Lady Katrina and Robert.

If this works I'll post another thank you.

spoiler:
    Did you put the body and the members of (I forgot the name), on the grave and in holes with ground to be able to open the iron door close?

Well, I chucked Robert into the incinerator and tossed Lady Katrina into the bathtub. It still says I haven't killed all cult members. The water well still has bars preventing me from going anywhere.

But there is no one left to kill !! I even went back to the beginning and offed the two guards, who I didn't originally consider members of the cult.

The only possibility left is that I may have allowed one of the haunts to kill a guard. I know that I spent some time orchestrating an encounter between them, but I didn't think I saved it. Could that have somehow screwed things up ?

That spoiler comment throws me way off.
    spoiler:
    Graves? Holes in the ground? Iron doors?

spoiler:
    In expert, I remember that I've of to put the head of ??? on the grave in front of a big stone statue and something in 2 holes with ground, it's just in front of the room with zombies and when I'd the green and orange-coloured smoke, the iron door opened.

Either I make a mistake about Fm!!!
    Last edited by Lady Jo; 4th Mar 2002 at 17:05.

I know where you referring to!! If its those body parts i've been lugging around, then that will make some kind of sense. I used the head to smash my way to Saint Edger's Sword. Just tossed it and heard shattering glass. So I thought THAT was the purpose for carrying the head.

I MUST check this out immediately ))

spoiler:

It's necessary to read the panel which gets clearer on the grave, I know that head goes above, it seems to me that a cliff goes to one of 2 holes and for the other one I don't know any more

All Done !!!!

Thanks Lady Jo. I would never have figured that one out for myself. There was just that one haunt left to kill and the water well itself marked the end of the level.

The head went on the coffin or pedestal thing, the torso in the puddle, and the skeletal arm in the hole in the ground.

Clock

and

the automatic translator
    Last edited by Lady Jo; 4th Mar 2002 at 17:42.

Cult of the Ressurection Help wanted

I read somewhere in my searching that there was a walkthrough for this level. Does anyone know where this walkthrough is? I like the level which is surprising considering the author, Sledge. I recognize his talent and pay it full homage , yet everything I have played from him has either been a little buggy or just too darn hard. Waaa.. For example
    spoiler:
    Is there any way to sneak up to and knock out the two thieves sleeping in the bunks in CoTR?
    Every time I try it, he jumped up and makes mincemeat outa me. *sigh* Inverted Manse just left me frustrated like this too. To each his/ or her own I say. Thanks in advance for any help.

If there is a walkthrough, I don't know where it is, but I've just recently replayed this on the expert difficulty, so I should be able to help you out when you get stuck. Those thieves are very touchy. I found it best to just leave them alone. You can open the chest and get what's in it without waking anyone, if you're quiet, then creep between the two beds to get to the far door and they won't wake up. Let me know what you're having problems with, either here or by e-mail and I'll give you a hand. It's really a good FM and I think you'll enjoy it. This is one of the ones that I enjoyed more after I'd played through it once and had an idea of the layout the second time through.

In a word: No.

In two words: Gas Arrow.
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Cult of the Resurrection

I searched through past threads about CotR, and did not find any answers.

I am playing on the easiest difficulty and have everything I need aside from the Spirit Stone. I have searched everywhere (of which I'm aware), 20 times, and have accumulated over 2000 in loot. I keep trying to decide if the Sermon notes are meant to help find it - "If they be in the spirit...If not...".

Any hints or spoilers would be helpful.

Thanks.

You need to go back to the room where you found Constantine's Mummified body and look behind the altar that he was lying on.

Thank you very much, Nightwalker! I was back there checking out the inverted crosses previously, but apparently never looked down upon departing. That location was very anticlimatic after all of the erroneous riddle solving and searches I had attempted.

Cult of the Resurrection Help

Hello all, I am playing Cult in Assassin role and need a few pointers. I found the necromancer but cna't figure out how to dispose of (kill) him. I'vetried my sword, arrows and fire arrows without luck. Any help?

Also, I've made my way down to the locked gate with the sma; pool of water in front of it in the chapel. I've looked around for a lock or switch but can't find one to open the gate. Any suggestions except "get a life"?

Thanks for your assistance.

Spanky
    Oh by the way. Do I need to kill the sleeping guards in teh bunk room?

Hi! The easiest way that I've found to get rid of the Necromancer is to BJ him first. Just put out the torches in that room and it's easy to sneak around behind him. Once he's down, you can just whack him with your sword until you hear this ghostly howl. Then he's dead and the objective should tick off. It takes a LOT of hits with the sword to finish him off.

The locked gate with the pool of water in front of it opens from the side that you access from Lady Katerina's rooms. If you go into the bathroom where she's standing, very close to the gate, there's a chapel key on the table. Then you can go out and use you lockpicks on the lockbox on the wall to open the gate and the chapel key opens the doors at the other end.

No, there's no need to kill the sleeping guards, as far as I know, unless you have an objective to kill all the cult members. I think you get that on one difficulty setting, but I don't recall which one.

I have a question about this one.. I recently played through it again on the hardest difficulty (I believe I played through on the easiest one before..which gave me the kill all cultists objective).. Anyway, I'm having a problem.. Killing the cult leader (yes, I believe I'm killing her in the correct manor since I beat this level before..and I think I'm killing the right person..Lady Katrina, right?) triggers the no kill objective and I'm done for... Anyone else have that problem or am I doing something wrong???

She's not the cult leader. You need to go into the rooms that you access by putting the parts into the ground depressions, etc. and in the "lab" you'll find a button on the desk. Push it, then go out into the other room and you'll see an open door. That's where you'll find the cult leader.

Nightwalker,
    Thanks for the help. I found the lockbox and was able to get in. I'm off to do in the Necromancer. As for the sleeping guards, I don't know what I did but they are awake now. So.... Guess they need to go meet Lady Katrina in the afterlife.

Thanks Nightwalker..heh It's been a while since I've played it and I guess I didn't remember who the cult leader is nor did I take the time to read the notes on my second time through.. I thought the Necromancer is in the room that opens from the button on the desk, though.. I've already been in there... Hhhmmm... Maybe I'm missing something.. I guess I'll go back and check...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast