TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cult of the Resurrection: Thief 1 FM (May 24, 2000)

Alright, I got it.. She actually WAS the cult leader (I think you were talking about the Necromancer, Nightwalker), I was just trying to kill her wrong.. I got the way you kill her and the way you dispose of the mummified body mixed up in my head, so as soon as I came across the mummified body, it dawned on me....heh Now I'm just stuck on the loot requirement...aaarrgghh...

I should have gone and checked it out. You're quite right. She just has to look like she died by accident, right?? It's very different on each difficulty, so it's easy to mix up. I haven't played it on the one where you have to kill all the cult members, because I don't like doing that, so I'll never sort out that difficulty. Sorry if I steered you in the wrong direction.

Hello again, Nightwalker.
    Well, I killed the two sleeping guards and made my way down to where the sword is kept. I roped across the lava pit but the door/gate remained locked. I know I must have missed something. Can you give me a hint as to what I need to do.

By the way, I don't have a blackjack on the assassin level. I might have missed it in the armoury. Do you know if you get one on this level since it is the "kill 'em all" mission?

Thanks again for the assist. This is a great mission.

Spanky

If there is a way to remove that "field" in front of the sword, I never found it. I just blasted it with a fire arrow and it disappeared.

I can't answer you question about the BJ on this difficulty setting, because I haven't played it. I don't like all the forced kills.

Success. I finished the mision. I had to back track and take out a few roaming guards I left behind in the upper levels. Thanks for all the help.
    Spanky

Ack ack ack.

Well, I pulled a dumb move and now I'm faced with starting over the mission.

I'm playing on Master Thief. Generally, I only use quick save/load and keep one or two "temp" saves for when I'm not sure what's ahead.

I entered one of those areas, keeping a save file called "temp".

spoiler:
    The area is the one-way elevator. Yay for me! I poked around a bit, then prepared to reload quick save which was before the elevator.

And hit F11. F*ck.

Please, please, please, tell me there is a way out of here...?

spoiler:
    The well appears to be a dead end (I'm guessing that's what ends the mission). The zombies - ugh. They ignore my fire arrows and sword, and I have no holy water at all. Tried shooting the top button to lift the gate with a broadhead to no avail. Tried running over to push the button then scrambling about trying to stay alive while the gate goes up. No luck

If I must replay, I must, but boy would that suck!

Thanks for the help!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

I'm afraid that through the zombie room is the only way back down, so it's either that or start over. That's a shame. That's also why I have tons of saves for every mission, so if I screw up, I can go back a bit and try again.

Melissa,
    I found you can kill one of the two zombies in the room with a fire arrow. You can kill the zombie in the red outfit that throws fire balls with the sword you get from across the lava pit. If you have the sword, go for it. Otherwise, I think you are stuck starting over.

Hadn't gotten the sword yet so I started over. At least I was more efficient this time since I'd already been to that point

I was delighted when I found a hallway that lead to the other side of that gate. I spent a good five mintues taunting the zombies from the other side, chortling madly, finally prompting my boyfriend to state, "Hey, now, no more zombie baiting!"

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

No matter how hard I try I can't seem to escape this mission lol! To answer a few things directly:

spoiler:
    1. The one way elevator is to make things difficult (probably way too difficult looking back), but not impossible. You can get out of the zombie room by frobbing the button through the gate - it's placed very close to the gate.

2. There are a couple hints about how ordinary weapons won't harm the necromancer. Use St. Edgar's Sword, not your normal one!

3. The exit route is in the water tunnel with the portcullis. I should have made this more obvious and allowed you to escape through the way you came in as well... no excuses except that I was a total newbie when I made this map
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

Hi Sledge,

No worries. Firstly, I saw the button. Trouble was, I could run over there and frob but the gate was slow and I got killed while waiting (not much room to run in there!). I didn't yet have St. Edgar's sword, so the most damage I could do was use the mine I found near the spine and skull and blow up the zombies. The haunt was impervious to anything I had at the time.

I've replayed far past the point where I was so no harm, no foul! It may have been a newbie mission but I'm enjoying it quite a bit! I plan on taking on Inverted Manse next and wanted to full story before starting.

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    If there is a way to remove that "field" in front of the sword, I never found it. I just blasted it with a fire arrow and it disappeared.

I can't answer you question about the BJ on this difficulty setting, because I haven't played it. I don't like all the forced kills.
    One whack with the blackjack does it quite nicely. It's just glass.

I'm done with everything except the loot requirement - I'm short 150 gold Playing on Master Thief so there's no getting out of here until I find it!

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Ah yes... that full loot was another obtuse objective on my part

Sounds like you're missing a gem from the church... that's the one most people can't find. If you read the note in the priests' room, there's a mention of two diamonds one guy found stashed in some food rations. He threw one of them away out back, but it was "too late" for the other one. Use your imagination, it's in the church somewhere
    =======================
    Designer, Thief 3

Cult of the Resurrection for Thief 1 and The Inverted Manse for Thief 2 now available for download

Tutorials:ambient sounds, custom schemas, and beginner's sources and receptrons.

Actually, I found both diamonds first thing. Instead, I managed to completely miss the door ot the dining room, passing it by dozens of times before I Nightwalker pointed the way!

I've moved on to Inverted Manse now - TOO MANY UNDEAD!

Thanks for the hard work

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

OOOOH! You're gonna LOVE Inverted Manse, Melissa! Lots of scary parts and teeming with undead critters. It's one of my favourites.

Sledge, it's nice to see you still have time to drop by once in awhile.

Well, I managed to finish this one on the hardest setting without needing any hints but ...

spoiler:
    There's a locked door on the outside of the cathedral to the left of the stairway that leads into the basement (and the rest of the mission). Before finishing, I went all the way back up there with every key I found and still wasn't able to get through it.

I already have all the loot and I can't find the door from the inside so a red herring perhaps?

Thanks!

I think you're probably right about the door. I've never found a way in and I've gotten all the loot, too.

Cult Of The Resurrection - Expert

I'm re-doing this level as a prelude to it's sequel...The Inverted Manse, but I've run into a problem.

The torso is properly placed, as is the arm. But placing the head does nothing, and I KNOW its supposed to trigger the metal door outside. I re-did the sequence, thinking that might be important, but got the same results. Could I have picked up the wrong head??? If I recall correctly, all three body parts were found in the same room.

If it's the "Rotten Head" that goes into your inventory like a normal item, then it's the right one. Did you do the extra step in the ritual involving light as hinted at in the inscription?

Oh, yeah....that was it. I forgot to light the torch. Many thx

Cult of the Resurrection - questions

first off, i love this level, very fun, especially on the 'thief' difficulty. the 'assassin' difficulty is too hard for me, though, since i suck at killing people

anyway, my questions are about the 'things to try' that are in the notes in darkloader. first, what's so special about hitting the lantern guard with an arrow? also, is there a reason to collect body parts, other than the obvious? and, to go along with that, what's the head use for?

thanks,

-toad : ~ )
    Sings we a dances of wolfs,
    who smells fear and slays the coward.
    Sings we a dances of mans,
    who smells gold and slays his brother.

I don't know about the lantern guard thing.
    spoiler:
    As for the body parts, the only way I know of using them is to open a door near the zombies. I don't know if that's what's referred to in the Darkloader screen, or if there is something else I've never come across.

yeah, that's the only use i found for the body parts too, but i only played it through once, and i still am not sure what the head is for.
    spoiler:
    i don't think it's necessary for opening the door, anyway. i tossed it around a bit, but no yellow smoke appeared when i let the torch

the only thing that happened with the lantern guard is
    spoiler:
    when i hit him with an arrow when he was unalerted, he didn't die, he just dropped the lantern and came looking for me with his sword. but he drops the lantern anyway when you knock him out, and presumably when you backstab him too. maybe that's it, i dunno

anyway, thanks for the input,

-toad : ~ )
    Sings we a dances of wolfs,
    who smells fear and slays the coward.
    Sings we a dances of mans,
    who smells gold and slays his brother.

Sewers?

Ok, Im a newbie to thief and i play on the easiest setting and it seems everytime i go to beat a level theres some little reason i cant finish it. Well in CotR ive finished all my other tasks and got outside the cathedral but i cant find the sewers! The game even called me a cheater when i went on top of the buildings (Nerve of some games), just because i cant find the sewers.

Plz Help

Geez, it's been a loooong time since I played this mission, I don't remember having any problems finishing it on the "normal" setting, I forget what it's called in this mission. I can't remember where the sewers are, but I don't remember having any trouble finding the sewers. I seem to remember having to jump down a well, that's how you get to the sewers, but where the well is in relation to anywhere else I can't remember But if you know where the well is, that's where you need to go.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, Somebody who's played this recently, help this guy out.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast