TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Cult of the Resurrection: Thief 1 FM (May 24, 2000)

You can find this well, by using the elevator in the beginning of the hideout of the cult. Taking the right tunnel after that brings you by the well. If all tasks are done just jump in it and escape via the sewers.....

Cult of resurrection

I am playing on expert and I am a bit short on loot. At the begining of the mission where you have to rope arrow inside the building in order to get, where there is a guy with a lanthern and stairs, there is a bluish metal door that none of my keys will work on. Does anyone know how to open it, its in the same room as the crack through with you can get into the building?

I don't recall that particular door, I'm afraid. If you want to see a loot list for this one, there's one posted at Cheap Mission Downloads. Just find Cult of the Resurrection and follow the line across to the right. You'll see an "L". Click on it to get the loot list.

Yeah, but the mystery of the door is still bothering me.

I went and had a look. I believe that's the locked door that you go past outside, before you go down to the basement door, where you can actually get in. You never get the key for it.

Cult of the Resurrection

Is there a walkthrough for this mission? If so, where can I get it?

I don't believe there is a walkthrough for it. Are you having problems? Just post when you get stuck or send me an e-mail. I played it not too long ago, so I should be able to help you out.

Thanks, Nightwalker. I am having difficulty -- mostly with seeing things again. It took me a lont time in the beginning to find the little hole on the right (as you look at it) portion of the church facade. I have found a door there, but I cannot pick the lock. Looking up, I think that I might be seeing beams, but am not certain. I believe that I have searched everywhere, but can find no other way in.

I'm afraid I'm not quite certain exactly where you are. Have you gotten into the big main building yet? You go down a ramp and into a basement area. If that's where you are, then there is a hole in the ceiling that you need to rope arrow up through to continue. I'll send you a few screenshots from the beginning part of the mission and maybe one of them will be the right place. This is the darkest part of the mission and I think you'll find the rest of it easier to see.

edit: I think I know what you meant now. I've sent you some screenshots to help out.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 17th Nov 2002 at 23:33.

Thanks, Nightwalker. That is exactly where I was. I had no idea that that hallway continued. I kept losing my forward bearing. Hopefully the mission gets a little brighter.

Cult of the Resurrection

After a six month absence, I am back playing fan missions. I started with this one and have completed all objectives on thief level, but I am 20 short in gold. I checked the loot list and believe I have gotten everything listed. I looked again and can't find any more. The objective is the same as the loot list. Does that mean I have to find every bit of gold in the mission?

Hi, Daisy! Welcome back.

If you're playing on the hardest setting, then the first, longer set of objectives says to get everything, so yes you do need to find it all.

Everything is on the list I posted at Cheap Downloads, so you must have overlooked something somewhere. I checked the list and the only thing that's 20g. is a purse that a guard is wearing, so that must be what it is. Maybe you knocked him out and didn't see it? He's the guard in the room across from the elevator.

Hi, Nightwalker and thanks for the help. I was thinking the same thing but I remember taking the purse from a guard. I must have reloaded a save and missed getting it again. I wasn't sure which guard, so thanks for that. I kept picking him up and tossing him down and crouching and finally after I put him on a table, I could see the purse. Success! I was about to think this was going to be the first mission I gave up on.

Cult of Ressurection question

I have looked high and low.

I've search the messages here and on Google.

I've just gotta ask...

Where the heck is the Spirit Stone?

I've completed every other objective, know the way out, et al. but just cannot find this darn thing.

I know it'll be obvious once I hear it, but help a poor Griffin out so he can get on to the Inverted Manse!

You should have found
    spoiler:
    Constantine's mummified corpse lying on an altar. Check the floor behind the altar.

Thanks Nightwalker,

Sigh...as it turns out this was just one of those cases of me just totally overlooking one hallway so I had never even gotten to the room about which you refer.

Found in. Done now.

Very nice fm, can't wait to try Inverted Manse.

I've done the same thing many times, myself! You'll love Inverted Manse. It's amazing and one of the FMs that people should play on at least two different difficulty settings. All three is better. They are all very different and it's almost like playing three different FMs! Have fun!

HA! Same here. I found the hall o.k. but didn't really look around on the floor very carelully. I guess I was looking for some kind of pedestal or display (cuz that's whatcha do with ancient magical thingamajigs...)

cult of ressurection problem

hmm this is not my first post, but i'ts about time I say hello taffers!

anyway, I've a small problem in cotr - i'm playing on Assasin (yeah, this is the style I love) and I menaged to kill everyone (including Rathis and his zombies), I collected the Soul, disposed dead Trickster, got the loot and I even collected that stupid sword (which glows and this piss me on) , but I can't find a damn sewers! I've searched everywhere! I know that there is a well in the mines, but the underwater corridor is blocked with a crate! can anyone help me?

Hi! There's
    spoiler:
    an elevator near the doorway where you enter the underground hideout. Take it up and explore the passageways up there. You'll find the way out.
    Last edited by nickie; 19th Nov 2012 at 06:49.

ehm thank you I menaged to find it, I mean, I was up there, and I even jumped into the sewers, but I thought, that it will be some long half-in-water corridor, so I was wrong. thank you anyway

Cult of the Resurrection

I have all the objectives complete (Thief) but I still have a question.

spoiler:
    after I killed the necromancer I picked up some "live" zombie parts. Can you do anything with them or is this just Sledge trying to creep me out?

As far as I remember
    spoiler:
    there was some kind of puzzle involving placing the body parts at certain positions near a statue of some kind. All I can tell as to the position is that there were a bunch of zombies nearby behind a portcullis.

Thanks for the reply but what you've mentioned I've already done. My question is about something a little bit further on.

Next.

Problem with Cult of Resurrection on Win XP

I'm running Darkloader through WinXP and trying to play CotR, but I get into the first building and climb to the top and the game freezes, the textures get scattered and it dumps me back to the desktop. I have the texture fix installed for TG, and TG still runs fine. Any ideas?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast