TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Cult of the Resurrection: Thief 1 FM (May 24, 2000)

I don't think it's got anything to do with XP. I've played that mission on my computer with XP installed and it was fine. There are a few spots near the beginning of that mission that can cause problems with your computer. I don't know the technical names but try to avoid any spots where things get jerky and there's one doorway where it's best if you keep Garrett looking at the ground and just get through as quickly as possible.

Thanks Nightwalker!

Cult of Resurrection - missing loot?

I'm playing CotR on expert and all I have left to do, is to collect all loot - and there's the problem. I've searched through the entire friggin level, and 150 gold along with 30 goods is missing (the gold is important here). I've checked the loot list, and found a combination that matches the missing stuff. It says it's in the dining room - I suppose it's the room near the incinerator, or what. The room however is empy, meaning I've recovered all the stuff from there - Loot cannot be dropped from inventory, AFAIK. So what the heck? I searched through the whole level - according to the loot list, and don't seem to find any more stuff. Could it be a bug, or is there a problem with my machine? Thanx for any help!

If I remember correctly, there is a bunch of loot(golden silverware) hidden in the dining room behind a tapestry. Whack it with your sword.

Whack tapestry? I can't believe it! Thanks man, the stuff was there - finished at least!

No problem. Don't feel bad. I had that same exact situation happen to me, which is why I still remember after all this time. The more fan missions you play, the more you will realize that tapestries exists solely to be whacked in order to find hidden loot and buttons/switches.

Enjoy.

Interesting observation in 'Cult of Resurrection'

I mention it in the hope that it'll offer yet another interesting angle to the old tradition of struggle between the living and the undead.

spoiler:
    I lured a zombie in the torture chamber to a thief outside.
    After a few hilarious lines like "What are YOU doing here?" and "You're gonna rot in the sewers", all while mistaking the zombie for Garrett, the thief won hands down! In more than a dozen of re-runs of the fight, the zombie won only once! Maybe this's because zombies are slow and have to be right at your face to hurt you, while the black thieves are very skillful (and fast) in sword-fight? Going by this reasoning, i can imagine a thief perhaps even killing a hammerite, seeing as the hammerites are not that fast. Perhaps that's the reason why cragscleft prison houses only petty thieves and not these black ones? Has anyone witnessed such a fight? Enlighten me with your observations.
    One last detail - The thief kept hitting at the zombie possum even after it went down; Two more thieves (one of them a black archer) joined in, and started hurting one another in their rage towards the poor zombie! I had to intervene to stop the madness. Of course, that was a fatal mistake.

Voice Actor
    The thieves weren't winning, they were fighting a holding action. If you backstab any zombie with your sword, or hit it with a few arrows, it will go down. A few seconds later it will get up again. A non-holy weapon does only temporary damage to a zombie.

Since pretty much everyone, including the AI theives, are better swordfighters than Garret, they were basically keeping the zombie on the ground by continuing to attack it. They can't permanently damage the zombie. They kept attacking it because, though it was laying down, it was still "alive," and they can do enough damage to keep it on the ground.

I saw the same thing in Calendra's legacy.

Don

No, actually, it's just because AIs don't trigger zombies into waking up again.

Once they've been awakened don't they stay awake? Garrett can knock one down and run away but it will still get up. The AI fighters keep attacking it on the ground because it never "dies" again.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    where the blessed hammer of a believer can smite the undead, ka-boom!

To my knowledge, zombies don't wake up unless the player is standing near them. So this is a really nifty "cheat" you can exploit: Just hack down a zombie and run away. As long as you don't return, you've effectively neutralized the threat.

And for the most part, some creatures are "better" than others, but it depends a large part on things like who gets the first hit in. You can run trials and stuff experimentally if you want with the Creature Clash missions.

I sometimes like to stick a load of AI in a room and watch them battle it out with each other, to see who wins. Hammers vs Hammers, Thieves vs Hammers and so on. You could make a Superman and give him lightning speed and watch him take out a whole room of AI, on his own! It's fun!

Cult of Resurrection question

I am playing this again more than 1 year. Cannot find a way into doubledoored room in hallway with plants in floor. Believe stones I need are in there.

Where is the key? Been everywhere else except 1 way elevator to conclude the fm.

got Edgar's sword, wasted almost all guards, killed zombies.

thanks.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

You have to come out those doors from another area. Have you been into Lady Katrina's rooms?
    spoiler:
    Go through her rooms, down some stairs and you'll find a key in her bathing room. If you go through the gate that is to the left before you enter the bathing room, you'll find yourself in the area behind those doors.

cult of the resurrection

I cannot use in this game. That means no doors will open or chests open. The picks will move over the object but will not work or make any sound to show I need a key. No doors will open either. So I cannot start the game. Anyone had the same problem.
    Mary

Have you tried playing any other T1 FMs? If they do the same thing then you are probably missing the convict.osm file required for TDP to play FMs. Check the FAQ Thread at the top of the forum and you'll find a download link as well as instructions on how to install it.

cult of the resurrection

Thanks nightwalker will check and rectify if necessary.

Mary

Assasinating Katrina in "Cult of the Ressurection"

The Thief difficulty level requires the killing of the cult leader so as to make it look like an accident. I assumed this involves blackjacking her and dropping her in the bathtub.

However, doing just this seems to have no effect whatsoever. Does she just take a long time to drown, is this a bug, or is there some other method I'm not aware of?

(Otherwise, this mission is a gem. Nice one, Sledge!)

That should work. That's how I've always done it. Maybe you just have to wait longer?

Well, I dropped her in before visiting Constantine. Even after C's drop into the furnace, the objective remained incomplete. I'll try waiting around a little more to see what happens.

It shouldn't take that long. Only a few seconds. Is it possible she's not right down in the water somehow? Otherwise, I'd have to assume you've hit some kind of bug.

I took her out and chucked her in again, and it worked this time. Must have been something to do with the exact positioning of the model in the water.

Thanks for the help.

Voice Actor
    I tried taking care of her by chucking her in the fireplace and/or the furnace, but each time I get a failed objective when I carried her too far from the bathroom. I think the level designer had the bathtub specifically in mind for the "make it look like an accident" objective.

This is a great mission. I was annoyed that the assassin level of difficulty gives you a sword but no blackjack; when killing enemies, I prefer drowning or roasting to the simple backstab. But it's great fun on the other levels.

Don

FM...Cult of the Resurrection

I have been trying it on Medium...and have been thru the few room that are available, is there some kind of secret passage that I am missing?

Any help would be great.
    Last edited by arcana imperii; 1st Aug 2005 at 05:28.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast