TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Cult of the Resurrection: Thief 1 FM (May 24, 2000)

Its been a while since I played that mission. Where are you?

spoiler:
    I am assuming that you managed to break into the storerooms. Go to the last enclosed room and look up.

Is there another way to destroy Constantine's remains besides the furnace?

Sledge/Raen seems to indicate that possibiblity in the Mission Readme.

I think there is a walkthrough for this game. If you are really stuck, take a look on thief missions.

Quote Originally Posted by metal dawn
    Is there another way to destroy Constantine's remains besides the furnace?

Sledge/Raen seems to indicate that possibiblity in the Mission Readme.

Not sure. I can look back, but the furnace seems to work fine.

Just finished Cult of the Resurrection

I just finished Cult of the Resurrection by Sledge, and I wanted to mention that this was a great FM. Excellent readables, an interesting storyline and characters, and some cool effects made this FM feel like a Thief OM. I'm sure the vast majority of you played this long ago, but just in case you haven't, this is one that shouldn't be missed.

Now, on to the Inverted Manse!

I agree, excellent mission.

I liked Cult of the Resurrection a lot, but Inverted Manse is right up there with some of my favorites.

cult of the resurrection

anyone that has played cult of the resurrection... does it have any movies / briefings?

Voice Actor
    No briefings. Everything you need to know is in the ReadMe.

Don

ok sweet

In case you are new to fan missions approximately 9 in 10 of them don't have movies, which is of course understandable.

Voice Actor
    That is changing. Some upcoming FMs will have briefings, and we're sharing what we learn as we go over at TEG.

Don

Good to hear

how do u get rid of the mummified corpse????

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    There is a furnace somewhere. Throw the corpse in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    There is a furnace somewhere. Throw the corpse in it.
    ah.... thanks i never would have figured that out. and how do i get to rathis?

Have you found some rather disgusting rotted body parts? You need them to get into Rathis' rooms.

Bigger spoiler: Have you found a room with a big statue in the middle? That's where you use the body parts. The poem on the plaque gives you the clues about what to do with them.

Total spoiler: Drop the skeletal arm into the hole surrounded by rocks (hard earth), the torso into the hole with the water and place the head on the altar. Light the torch on the statue with a fire arrow and go out into the hallway. You'll see the door on the right opening. Head through it and down into Rathis' bedroom.

Look on the desk in the lab for a button and push it then go back out into the bedroom. A secret door will have opened in the SE corner. Enter, turn left and go through the water-filled doorway at the end. Beyond is a hallway and at the far end, you can see the Necromancer pacing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Have you found some rather disgusting rotted body parts? You need them to get into Rathis' rooms.

Bigger spoiler: Have you found a room with a big statue in the middle? That's where you use the body parts. The poem on the plaque gives you the clues about what to do with them.

Total spoiler: Drop the skeletal arm into the hole surrounded by rocks (hard earth), the torso into the hole with the water and place the head on the altar. Light the torch on the statue with a fire arrow and go out into the hallway. You'll see the door on the right opening. Head through it and down into Rathis' bedroom.

Look on the desk in the lab for a button and push it then go back out into the bedroom. A secret door will have opened in the SE corner. Enter, turn left and go through the water-filled doorway at the end. Beyond is a hallway and at the far end, you can see the Necromancer pacing around.
    thanks i actually had the body parts and what i had done was, I had put them ALL into the pit with the rocks.... lol i promise you i never would have figured that out if u didn't tell me because i read the poem and it didn't make sense to me. i knew to light the torch up with a fire arrow and to put SOME body parts into that pit but i didn't know where to else to put the rest of them. anyways thanks i appreciate the help. Great mission btw! i like the new reactions and sounds. and that one conversation with the bad reception, i actually found to be humorous. (dont know if it was SUPPOSED to be... but still

I've found the torso and the head, but where was the arm? Up above ground in a chest somewhere?

I think it's in another chest in the armoury which is the same place you found the torso and the head.

Crash in Cult of Resurrection v2.2

I'm playing this great FM but it crashes in various spots. It is always in the same exact spots (On the right side of Katrina's bed, down the stairs from Katrina's place, the room which Katrina is in,...)

When I load my save game in DromEd and enter any of this places DromEd crashes with "Index 1 out of bounds" error. If I use DromEd to bypass the problematic spot it all works until I discover a new crash area.

It is not something that is on the screen, it is Garrett entering a certain location. I have not dug into it deep enough yet, but I am sure it is not happening at room brush boundaries. It seems like a pathfinding error, but why would it trigger when Garrett enters those locations? Tonight I will try rebuilding room and pathfinding databases as well as checking the monolog.

Has anyone seen this problem before?
    Last edited by Haplo; 28th Oct 2010 at 07:31.

I don't recall ever seeing it mentioned.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Never heard of that one. I have played it at least 50 times. One of my Favs.
    I know the area you are talking about Haplo. It could be a High Polygon area, but I dont see why it would be.
    It will be interesting to hear your report of what you find.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 27th Oct 2010 at 22:22.

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    I know this doesn't help at all, but I played it about 4 years ago and experienced no crashes.
    I have other problems getting Thief 1 FMs working for me. Darkloader somehow messes up my install and errors out of the game when it loads up the Thief 1 levels. When I eventually go back to playing them, I'm going to try manually loading each Thief 1 FM.

Ok, I spent a couple of hours playing with this, mostly because it was fun. (I wonder if this thread should be moved to TEG)

First of all, I can't optimize this level. I get the good old "ERROR:PortalClipPolygonByPlane: Didn“t find exactly two spanning points" error. No amount of grid snapping seems to help (didn't try moving the dodecs around). I wonder if the released .mis file was optimized? If yes, I wonder how Raen managed to do it.

Secondly, the level has 64 bad rooms. However getting rid of them and rebuilding all the databases didn't help with the crash.

I have three saves close to three crash points. I used EDIT_LOAD_GAME to load and investigate them. One of the is particularly interesting because I am standing in a corner of a room, when I walk towards the centre the game crashes. I have tried getting rid of all the objects in that room, even its room brush, but no luck. I walked out of that room (hugging the walls of course), saved, deleted the room and all its brushes and contents, portalized, went to game mode, my way was blocked as the room didn't exist (of course). Went back in Editor mode and added a small air brush in the same place. Portalized and went into game mode, and the game crashed as I tried to walk to the centre of the room.
    I tried playing around with the other two locations, same story. The monolog only shows "[dynarray.h@425] Index 1 out of range", nothing more.

Long story short, I still have no idea what is causing this. It seems to be a save game corruption though, if I open the level in DromEd, jump into that area and go in game mode it all works fine.

I am too curious to just let this one go.
    Last edited by Haplo; 28th Oct 2010 at 09:00. Reason: Typo

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast