TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
Results 326 to 350 of 350

Thread: T1 FM: Autumn in Lampfire Hills (Nov 14, 1999)

  1. #326
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Austin, TX
    Cool. If you are so inclined, I would also suggest breaking out the loot counts into gold/gems/goods together with the cumulative total. The breakout makes it easier to figure out which loot type you may have missed when you can't find that last piece of loot.

  2. #327
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: arizona
    I replayed Lampfire Hills last night and the loot count is 4206.

    You may have missed the silver nugget in the bunkbed room in the Hammerite Temple or the ring next to the Hammer weaponsmith (it's VERY tiny)...those are the easiest to miss. I followed my walkthrough to the letter as if I had never played it before so I'm not sure what you missed...Maybe the purse on the dead thief in Sorrack's lair? All of those I mentioned are 100 loot each.

    It would take way too much time to sort the loot into different categories. I don't want to bug Jason or Linda with more work if the walkthrough is correct, plus I've officially retired for the moment with my illness being bad. I would have reworked on it if there was an error somewhere (I even mentioned in the walkthrough that I thought I might have made a mistake but after last night, it was confirmed there wasn't any).

    P.S. The other hard to see 100 loot are a third hard to see floating chest in Sorrack's Lair and the silver nugget at the bottom of the pool in the zombie area in the Abandoned Factory (If I remember correctly, it's 100, that is!). If you match the loot you collect up with the walkthrough while playing it, you'll come up with 4206, I promise!

  3. #328
    Member
    Registered: May 2001
    Location: Austin, TX
    Well, thanks for checking. I got all the loot you mentioned, and still came up with 4106, so I must've overlooked something somewhere. Since I have too many FMs to play, I'm not gonna try for that last 100 now. Maybe I'll replay it someday and go for the max loot. Sorry about your illness and I wish you the best.

    Now, on to the Death of Garrett...

  4. #329
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: arizona
    Thanks Stevo!
    It's nice to see other folks still playing the classic Thief 1 FM's!! Sometimes I feel like the only one.

    P.S. If you haven't yet, play "Awaken!". It's a 3-mission pack wherein you arise from the dead. Very interesting and different. Doesn't get a lot of mentions here but it's a cult-classic (at least to me it is!).
    Last edited by Ponterbee; 14th Nov 2004 at 21:55.

  5. #330
    Member
    Registered: May 2005

    Autumn in Lampfire Hills

    Where is the key to the mysterious lock at the cottage? I believe I have explored almost the entire map. This mission is quite good btw.

  6. #331
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Texas
    Check at thiefmissions.com for the walkthru.

    Sting

  7. #332
    Classical Master 2008
    Registered: Jun 2002
    Location: Civitas Quinque Ecclesiae HU
    To get things going, go to the belfry of the hammerite belltower and search for a hidden room.

  8. #333
    Member
    Registered: May 2005
    The hidden room in the Hammerite belltower is really difficult to spot. Had to look up it's exact location in the walkthrough. So thanks for the hints.

  9. #334
    Archivist
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Museum of the Ancients
    Very nice mission! Took me over 13 years to find out. I like the mystery-solving element, concerning the mysterious lock and the previous occupant of Garrett's cottage. The starting point, with Garrett living in his own cottage, made me smile, while the shady guy at the gate and the sign "No Thieves Allowed" is hilarious . Nice work on the riddles and the texts. The design of the small Lampfire district - with accessible buildings and narrow streets - is pretty well done and the halloween pumkins are a nice touch. In addition, several cool technical effects are implemented (like guards that run toward a gong or lightswitch and use it when spotting Garrett, impressive ).
    Good gameplay overall, with plenty of swimming and mantling, traps and fearful enemies to avoid, clues to solve and a fair bit of tomb raiding. I tried to ghost the whole level and pretty much succeeded, save for the hidden underground Keeper hall. Finished in 1 hour and 38 minutes on Expert, with 3731 out of 4906 loot found.
    Unfortunately, some flaws spoil the fun factor a bit, like sleeping AI who wake up when the player walks into a light source nearby, and a map that displays a TG map rather than the one included in the miss zip. Also, I thought some switches are a bit too tough to locate without spoilers or leads (like the entrance to Sorrack's lair). Nevertheless, this remains a solid and immersive debut mission by an author who would outdo himself with other adventures in the years that followed. Thanks Purah, wherever you are these days!
    Last edited by The Phantom; 9th Mar 2013 at 07:53. Reason: Scrapped "debut" as it's not the author's first FM

  10. #335
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Very nice mission! Took me over 13 years to find out. I like the mystery-solving element, concerning the mysterious lock and the previous occupant of Garrett's cottage. The starting point, with Garrett living in his own cottage, made me smile, while the shady guy at the gate and the sign "No Thieves Allowed" is hilarious . Nice work on the riddles and the texts. The design of the small Lampfire district - with accessible buildings and narrow streets - is pretty well done and the halloween pumkins are a nice touch. In addition, several cool technical effects are implemented (like guards that run toward a gong or lightswitch and use it when spotting Garrett, impressive ).
    Good gameplay overall, with plenty of swimming and mantling, traps and fearful enemies to avoid, clues to solve and a fair bit of tomb raiding. I tried to ghost the whole level and pretty much succeeded, save for the hidden underground Keeper hall. Finished in 1 hour and 38 minutes on Expert, with 3731 out of 4906 loot found.
    Unfortunately, some flaws spoil the fun factor a bit, like sleeping AI who wake up when the player walks into a light source nearby, and a map that displays a TG map rather than the one included in the miss zip. Also, I thought some switches are a bit too tough to locate without spoilers or leads (like the entrance to Sorrack's lair). Nevertheless, this remains a solid and immersive debut mission by an author who would outdo himself with other adventures in the years that followed. Thanks Purah, wherever you are these days!
    Ah! One of my favorite missions! I play it every Halloween. I love how the one street that ends near the church is the same area at the beginning of Calendra's Legacy!

  11. #336
    Archivist
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: Museum of the Ancients
    Now that you mention it!

  12. #337
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    ...with 3731 out of 4906 loot found.
    FYI, 700 of the loot is not obtainable. It's tied to unfrobbable loot items in Garrett's house.
    So you did better than you might have been led to think.

  13. #338
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2004
    Location: Pennsylvania
    This is one of those awesome must be played missions.

    In fact I think I shall play it again!

  14. #339
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Location: Ten, USA
    Hi I just started to play your Autumn in Lampfire Hills and I am having problems with the controls. The keys have changed and I can only use the left mouse button.
    I can't figure out which keyboard key I need to use to read the note by my house. I also can't scroll to view the items I have. I've checked under Options but it doesn't have which keys/buttons to use.
    I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks

    I've been reading through the help forum for this FM and I noticed several posts that mention the .str files being in the wrong place. I don't have a Thief sub-folder, I do have some .str files in a couple of different folders other than the book folder but I don't know anything about whether I should move those or not.

    Another thing that happened is that when I hit the M key to view the map, the game crashed and went to windows.
    Last edited by llanita; 7th Jun 2013 at 10:14.

  15. #340
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Hmmm.... sounds like you are playing vanilla Thief-DarkProject with all it's nasty little problems.
    I don't think the old Thief1 had support for scrolling via the mouse wheel.
    And the crash indicates you playing Thief-Dark Project and not Thief Gold and you havn't installed TFix either.
    This mission doesn't have a valid map anyway ... on my ThiefGold it displays the map of a Gold OM which doesn't make sense.
    So... just don't use the map button for now. Actually quite a few older Thief1/Gold mission don't have a map and will simply crash, so this is nothing to worry about too much.

    At any rate : install Tfix and then check the configuration of the controls. The mouse-wheel should get enabled with that as well.
    And most many of the missions without an own map should behave much more forgiving as well.
    All the download links here seem ok and issues with the books have been resolved long ago.
    Last edited by gnartsch; 7th Jun 2013 at 15:50.

  16. #341
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Location: Ten, USA
    hi gnartsch, thanks for the response.
    I do have tfix, and as I mentioned, under the game options, I am not given any choice as to which buttons or keys to use. I 've already played several thief 1 and thief 2 FMs with no problems. I'm able to play TG on the T2 CD.

  17. #342
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: swirling in the night wind
    Wow - what a coinkidink! I recently played this mission again as it was one of my original favorites - and almost posted how much I still enjoyed it! Also found myself enjoying a few more Thief Gold fms. What they lack in sophisticated graphics, they more than make up for in quirkiness. I really still like the atmosphere of the Thief 1, the garish colors and clashing patterns - a lot like what medieval decor was really like.

  18. #343
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    hi gnartsch, thanks for the response.
    I do have tfix, and as I mentioned, under the game options, I am not given any choice as to which buttons or keys to use. I 've already played several thief 1 and thief 2 FMs with no problems. I'm able to play TG on the T2 CD.
    I am sorry... but what you say doesn't make any sense to me.
    You can not play TG on the T2 CD. Impossible.
    And about the controls...
    In the Control-screen there is 'Use Item' at the very top. It should have the 'Enter' key and the 'Right mouse button' configured.
    You might want to try loading one of the default bindings (e.g. 'Thief Default Bindings') if things got messed up there.
    At any rate this does not sound like a mission specfic issue - unless you managed to grab a bugged version somewhere, where the texts would still be broken.
    Where did you get it ?

  19. #344
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Location: Ten, USA
    I'm getting confused here Gnartsch
    I do have tfix, and I am playing Thief Gold missions on Thief 3, (sorry, my bad).
    Which Control Screen? The in-game control screen, under Options? That's the only one I know.

  20. #345
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    I'm getting confused here Gnartsch
    I do have tfix, and I am playing Thief Gold missions on Thief 3, (sorry, my bad).
    Which Control Screen? The in-game control screen, under Options? That's the only one I know.
    Yes, the in-game Control screen.
    And Thief3 is actually 'Thief-Deadly Shadows' - a perfectly different game as well.
    So, I guess you are trying to say that you are playing it with NewDark.
    And that's OK.

  21. #346
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Location: Ten, USA
    Ok please bear with me gnartsch, I'm trying to make heads or tails of this.
    I have this website that has this
    'Thief:The Metal Age Zips
    Thief gold convertions '

    Where I'm able to play the missions from Thief Gold (which I didn't own) on Thief The Metal Age (thief 2)
    So with newdark? I should be able to go to the in-game options screen and adjust the controls right? I have looked and I don't have that option. All I have in the game screen is the usual:
    Customize Controls
    Joystick, Lookspring, Invert Mouse, Always Freelook. that's it. then I have other tabs with Video, Audio

    I own Thief 1, thief 2 and thief 3. I have them in the boxes with the cds.

  22. #347
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2013
    Location: Ten, USA
    Is there a blackjack in this mission?

  23. #348
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Is there a blackjack in this mission?
    Serious?
    Check your house as you start.

  24. #349
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    i stuck, i'm looking for the key of the grill or lattice door in the sewer , when you go down from the secret room in the hammerite's chapel.

  25. #350
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2020
    Location: Germany
    Fantastic mission!
    Funnily this is another mission by Purah, but it was by pure coinsidence that I played it now right after calendras cistern. Gotta say I enjoyed this mission way more than calendras cistern.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •