TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: The Order Of The Vine (t1 mission - 30/06/2000)

Sarik

Ehh, your just not gonna tell me. Heh heh.

I guess I can figure it out on my own . . . sigh . . .

Actually, could you help me, just a bit?!
    (That brain in Sarik's mind is going: Who the hell are you?!! Can't you figure out some stupid note?!!! Sarik does not like his mind)

*Whistles innocently, as if nothing is wrong with him*

------------------
    Endlessly seeking beyond Membership the realm unknown. I'm in the land where I don't understand approx. 99.1246% of anything that is said, and will continue to ask questions which will baffle people all togethor . . .

[This message has been edited by Sarik (edited July 01, 2000).]

Viper6

Silent Sleep

I am playing on "Normal". There is no scroll in the button cabinet. You mentioned not having to work this out on normal. Where then do I find clues to the button combination?

Typically, I'll play a mission on normal because I like the "Hand-to-hand" challenges and leaving a mess when I secure the area.

Metalhead

well I'm officially stuck... how bout a hint towards that bloody safe in the master bedroom? I've scoured that room top to bottom, even the rafter & can't find a key or anything to point me the right direction. Found the scroll under the bed easy enough but that wasn't much help for getting into it

Viper6

Spoiler for a spoiler

Found the Treasury combination. Unzipped the mission file, opened the books .str files with wordpad, and read it.

Master bedroom safe. Goto bookshelf on opposite wall and frob book. Safe opens.

Now...! Got an ancient gold key from safe, got an ancient bronze & silver key from Ratman's room. How do I use them? Used the bronze & silver keys in tomb, activated two beams, gold key does nothing. What gets placed on center red pillar?

And, who now has borrowed piece from Treasury, and where is it?

Lancer

SilentSleep that was a great mission. And pretty much bug free from what I can tell. The only part where I had a glitch was after you get the seal and make your escape. I fell into that hallway, and I was a midget stuck in a slot. Could not jump, or use weapons, only could pace back and forth a couple of feet between the wall and the middle of the hallway. I reloaded from where I stole the seal, and I was able to get out after awhile, but I still felt like a midget until I got close to the end. And there were a few places during my escape whereI got stuck against invisible walls in the middle of the long hallway to the side entrance.
    The whole mission was great though. So many new things and effects. And the way you made the story was great. Knowing who she was before she said her name was eerie too.
    Yes, I managed to get myself attacked by the master. I died the first time it happened. I couldn't get away fast enough. Is he killable? He came right at me in the dark when I hit him with a fire arrow?

------------------
    Lancer
    www.banzaidesign.com

SilentSleep

On normal a scroll with the combination is hidden in a cabinet behind the treasurers desk. It'll highlight if you get close. If you're playing on hard, well, I don't want to post the combination, but it's in a file called tvCombo0.str in the zip.

There's a few hints around about what to put on that pedestal. It's the head from the dining room. Read one of the books in the library for a little background information .

Thanks, Lancer . Sorry about getting you stuck there. I thought it was possible to mantle back up onto the lower steps. Invisible walls? Wow.

The master is very killable, I don't think he's even as tough as giblen. Both of them are even blackjack-able, but only while they're human.

sp4f

Hey SilentSleep just finished the mission and boy was I impressed by the architecture at the end. A massive pyramid cool. And the lights inside. how did you get them to come one when garrett goes near them. BTW the Master is quite a lot tougher than Gilben. It took me 3 firearrows and about 12 broadheads to make him go to sleep permanently. When can we have another mission from you

------------------
    No Mini-Me we do not frob our kitties that way.

Sarik

I figured out the combonation, did the pyramid thing, but I found the strangest bug:

I picked up a broad head a guard shot at me, and it was infinate, as the supply never stopped. So, I killed the mage and the craymen from the very top where you enter, which took work because they are so far down. I got the seal, but I jumped in that whole, and thief quit on me entirely . . . bug?

------------------
    "Are you alright? Oh . . . of course your not alright. Sorry."
    Have you been DromIng too much? Yes, we can tell.

ChowYunFat

Hi! I liked the mission very much, although I haven't finished it yet. I am one of those hung up on that poem to get into the treasury. Since the combination is given to you on Normal, I'm going back to play the beginning that way to try to get it for free.

I loved the guy puking in the bathroom as well as the statue of Pan & also the one of Cthulhu, among numerous other nice touches. And you gotta love that "rare item"!! I bet there aren't many of those around!!

The only bug of any consequence I encountered was in the first mini-mission. The contact didn't recognize me even though I ran around the room jumping up & down. I finally grabbed the stuff on the table & then he called me a thief & attacked me! Playing it a second time, everything worked OK.

Great mission!!

------------------
    Give him a gun & he's Superman--give him two guns & he's God.

Beerworm

Hey sp4... uh, thanks for ruining the end.

Really appreciate it.

Viper6

Ok, progress.

Got the seal, whacked the old Geezer guarding it. Sword to the back of the head trick worked just fine. Took a couple of whacks, but down he went.

Got back outa the place, across the ropes and all. Now, I gotta get out. Heh! All the damn doors are locked, and there's no one left alive or awake to tell me how to get out.

Where do I find the key to either the front door, or side door?

Viper6

Ok, finished it!

Key was right in plain sight (if it had teeth, it would have bitten me).

Man, if this one doesn't rate the first ever Gold Hammer, then I don't know what does.

BTW, jumping into the hole at the bottom of the pyramid is NOT a shortcut out. Freezes computer solid requiring power down reboot.

There are still a number of locked rooms that need opening. Clues as to where other keys are to open them?

SilentSleep

Oh, dammit. I'll see if I can replicate that crash... If you fall down there you should get teleported to... somewhere, to die.

One room is inaccessible on normal, and you can't get out the front gate on normal either. That should be all.

Gold hammer?! Heh, well, thanks, but I don't think so .

Wynne

*sighs and plunks her head down on her arms in double depression*

Lancer

You can get in that one inaccessible room on normal. Just set off the alarm and when the occupant runs out, BJ him and leave the door open, or you're going to have to swim back to the powerstation. Gee SilentSleep, I wish you gave me a way to get those front gate guards and the one on the balcony. Hehe!
    I'll play it on the higher settings and see what happens.
    Gold Hammer? Perhaps. I'm not sure. But certainly 3 silvers at least.

------------------
    Lancer www.banzaidesign.com

HammerTime

I loved this mission. One of the best in a long time. Kept me interested the whole way.
    I like the way the story line was done. Excellent ending. I would score it very high.
    (That was your voice wynne??? MMMMMMMMMMM. To bad your so young. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

[This message has been edited by HammerTime (edited July 02, 2000).]

Wynne

Yesiree, that was my voice at the end. Glad you liked it! Well, now, Hammer, I know to a grizzled old-timer like yourself I may seem young, but if I were a canine, I'd be cheating death.

sp4f

I'm sorry i ruined it for you Beerworm

------------------
    No Mini-Me we do not frob our kitties that way.

Nightwalker

This is a great mission! I played it through once on hard, and am going back again on expert. One question, though. In the prologue part, the stats at the end say there was 1125 gold available. I've been unable to find anything other than the 1000 your contact gives you. Can anybody tell me where the rest is?

Saturnine

Wheres the key to get out?? (normal setting btw)

------------------
    On this violent night, Unholy night, Winds lash their limbs together as the ether vents its wint'ry sprite.

Saturnine

Nevermind, found it. (don't know how i missed it!)
    Anyway WOW! that was a hell of a nights work for Garrett.
    Excellent stuff Silentsleep. I'm actually quite jealous!
    sorry I didn't get back to you about testing in time.
    SEEEXXXYY voice Wynne....ooooh baby!

------------------
    On this violent night, Unholy night, Winds lash their limbs together as the ether vents its wint'ry sprite.

Wynne

Why, Saturnine... I do believe I'm blushing! Seriously, thank you for the compliment. I giggled like a schoolgirl.

SilentSleep

The rest of the loot in the Prologue is hidden in 2 places around the level. For one of them you'll need to jump from a barrel.

Wynne's voice acting was great, especially for such a tough character.

Four silver in the review too! I'm surprised. I expected around 2.5 to 3. I suppose all the flaws are hard to see if you haven't built it yourself.
    Last edited by nickie; 13th Jan 2013 at 09:20. Reason: Fixed link

Wynne

Thanks, Conor. You're a dear. I'm happy that your mission is such a glowing success.

camelhammer

Great Job on the 4 Silver, Conor!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast