TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021

Thread: The Order Of The Vine (t1 mission - 30/06/2000)

That's OK.
    Thanks for the reply anyway!

Gloria Creep

The doors to his room are pickable but you have to pick BOTH of them separately before they will open.

I have notes and walkthroughs on quite a few missions but not all of them by a long shot.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 10th Sep 2010 at 11:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    The doors to his room are pickable but you have to pick BOTH of them separately before they will open.

I have notes and walkthroughs on quite a few missions but not all of them by a long shot.
    I did that, but I got stuck after one lockpick.
    I retried on both doors and they opened!!!
    Thanks Nightwalker

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Finished on Normal in around 1 hour and 30 minutes. In the main mission, I got 1717 of 2089 total loot and found 3 of 5 hidden scrolls. This was a superb release in 2000. By today's high standards, I would rate it as a 6/10. The story is masterfully conveyed through readables. I learned just enough about The Master, Giblen and Horten to feel engaged with what was happening at The Order of the Vine. The Master's hidden journal and the scroll in Horten's room are highlights in this regard. As far as architecture is concerned, the beginning is very good: Each room feels different and is carefully designed. The servant operating the faucets and stoves in the kitchen was especially impressive. The upper floor was not designed as well: It got boring wandering through bedroom after bedroom after bedroom. I became engaged with the mission again when I finally found all the ancient keys and beams of light shot out as I opened the portal to the final area. In the final area, I thought it was great you can fail by jumping into pit that leads to the Trickster's realm. That was a nice touch. One final remark: The German voice acting in the prologue and epilogue is really bad and not even synced up correctly, meaning the characters do not sound convincing in the slightest and they talk over each other. It sounds like one person and their parents did the voice acting. I would recommend playing this mission with the voices of Loanstar and Wynne.

Ahh people still playing this, I remember this one fondly but the details are murky. When I play these missions now they are so ridiculously easy though takes all the fun out of them.
    Still an excellent FM

Quote Originally Posted by Thelvyn View Post
    Ahh people still playing this, I remember this one fondly but the details are murky. When I play these missions now they are so ridiculously easy though takes all the fun out of them.
    Still an excellent FM
    You can try new play styles

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021