TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Thread: The Order Of The Vine (t1 mission - 30/06/2000)

Saturnine

4 Silver! Nice one mate. You deserved every one. Looking forward to the next Silentsleep FM.

------------------
    On this violent night, Unholy night, Winds lash their limbs together as the ether vents its wint'ry sprite.

Emok

The Order of The Vine, a little help please

I've Dispatched everybody in the mansion, but can't find a way into one room upstairs (lone door at end of hall with noble who runs out locking it behind him without a key when you hit the alarm), 2 rooms downstairs (buy the main entrance gates one door on each side of the hallway - can hear voices their but can't get a reaction to anything), and finally...I can't find the basement! (my thief skills must be lacking. Oh I found the small basement with all the shovels etc, but it doesn't seem to have a secret door, also found the wine cellar off the kitchen type area, the one with the teny tiny elevator ) well, anyway..any help would be appreciated.

thanks

SilentSleep

You can't get to some areas if you're playing on normal. I should've made those doors frobinert.

The small basement does have a secret door . Throw some crates about. HTH.

Emok

thanks...I'll try it..

ChowYunFat

I found several doors on expert that I could frob but could never get unlocked. Two were just outside the front door, two more were on either wing of the walkway in the foyer & another was near the armory (I think). Are there keys for these I just didn't find or some other way to get in there?

Slight spoiler for Emok...
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    On the door with the noble who runs out, there is another way into that room other than through the door. Just think what other ways there are to get into a room!

------------------
    Give him a gun & he's Superman--give him two guns & he's God.

SilentSleep

Yes, there is a key for those four doors, but only on Hard&Expert. They're the battlements, so maybe the key would be in the...?

Emok

How about the safe in the master's bedroom? is there a key? a switch?

I found the secret door in the basement, went in and put the 2 stone keys into their holes and all that happened was it turned on 2 color sprays...is anything else suppose to happen?

thanks again

Emok

I got into the room upstairs that was locked...I set off the alarm and ran to the door, when the guy opened it I blackjacked him and the door couldn't close

SilentSleep

There's a switch, in the same room. One of the standard hidden switches.

You should know what to do then.

Mugsy

fm: "Order of the Vine": Some hints please

Very good mission. I am playing on "Expert", I have found over $1700 loot, have only two more knock-outs left (of limit of five), and I would like some small hints. So please point me in the direction of:

1. The key to the safe in master's chambers.

2. Ancient key to open pyramid container on second floor (which contains the head, I believe?). I already have found the secret basement opening and the two other ancient keys which activate the two pillars.

3. Which guest bedroom holds the valuable item (one of the objectives)?

4. A nice deer-leg sandwich with a side of cucumber salad.

Viper6

Spoilers for Emok

Upstairs bedroom with old guy in it.

Set off alarm, then run to the room and wait outside. As old guy opens the door, run in and frob the door as it's closing. It then stays open. BJ'ing him is optional.

Tomb. It's in basement off main hallway. Switch/lever hidden under beam at crouch behind crates opens door.

Bronze & silver key does light beams. Gold key is in master bedroom in safe. Frob book on opposite wall to open safe. Take gold key to main dining area to pyramid. You'll recognize it. Open it with gold key. Take object to tomb and put it on the certer pedestal. That opens portal. Go thru portal, save game, be careful, have fun.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Feb 2013 at 12:35. Reason: added spoiler cover

SilentSleep

Mugsy,

1. No key. Hidden switch, close by.

2. Do 1 first.

3. It's mentioned at the start that the best rooms are in the East wing. If you find a locked room there, try to get inside, but maybe not through the door.

4. The kitchen is located in the northern part of the east wing. One of our talented chefs will perpare your meal. Then, why not toast your sandwich in one of our ovens, and perhaps retire to the breakfast bar for coffee and an unsettling stare from a Trickster motif?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Feb 2013 at 12:36. Reason: added spoiler cover

Emok

thanks everybody...it's been a fun mission....

V. Equinox

Loving this so far, but there's only one problem. It keeps crashing back to DarkLoader at a certain point in the game:

Spoilers

There, near towards what I presume is the end, the Master is walking (neat trick with the eyes!) and the seal swirling over the portal. I grab the seal and jump into the portal....and *bamf!* Back to DarkLoader. I tried it several ways and rebooted, but to no avail. Am I doing something peculiar? Any help is appreciated.

V. Equinox

Mugsy

Thanks, Silent sleep. I still need some tips on the following objectives:

1. I still haven't found the four-digit combination to the treasury.

2. I still haven't found that valuable item in the guest room. I checked every room in the east wing (2nd floor). There are no doors that remain locked, as you said; I have them all open. I know you mentioned getting in through means other than the door, but I don't even know which room to which you are referring.

the_grip

Order of the vine spolier needed

I found the secret room in the basement, placed both the silver and bronze keys... what do i do next? i can't seem to find a way to get into the master bedroom, so i'm stuck. Spoilers, not hints please.

------------------
    "Whadda I look like, a guy that's not lazy?"

Fat Burrick

Im not sure as I havent DLed it but from reading another post about it, you need the golden key from the master bedroom (in the safe) as well as the bronze and silver.
    If I am wrong then you can beat me up

------------------
    Official Burrick and head bodyguard of the SPCB

Watch out for my Thief 2 FM, "Frostbite" ETA July 2000... but before that check out my page http://www.timco.freeserve.co.uk .
    Icq 79208427

[This message has been edited by Fat Burrick (edited July 09, 2000).]

SilentSleep

V. Equinox, you need to get the patch from the Circle. This is the problem that that fixes. Check this thread: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37746
    But you don't jump down there to finish the level. Why does everybody want to do that? It's death if you do, but it's an interesting death you might want to try . Just don't save over your game.

Mugsy, finding the combination is one of the first things you should've done... it depends on what difficulty you're playing, but the solution is always very close to the treasurer's desk. I suppose I didn't make that clear enough.

I'm confused about your other problem... If you set off the alarm, it's possible the room could open, but you'd still spot the chest when you went inside. Are you getting mixed up between east and west? The room is in the wing with the guard quarters, and it's close to a room with a balcony. The map is a little inaccurate (deliberately) there, but the automap updates it.

HTH .
    Last edited by nickie; 13th Jan 2013 at 09:25. Reason: Fixed link

V. Equinox

Okay, thank you, SilentSleep. It just looked so inviting.

V. Equinox
    (I thought I'd downloaded the post-patch version, d'oh.)

Mugsy

Silent Sleep: Thanks for your help, but I still feel like an idiot. I found the treasury riddle, but it's not working. I'm assuming it's 3 (tree)-6 (number of "0"s)-4 ("what am I doing this...four)-2 (legs on a hammer. I keep getting shocked.

Also, I think the guest room I'm trying to get to is down a hallway that clearly is blocked now. The alarms are going, and I have zero knock-outs left (on expert). I know I'm looking in the east (right on map) part of the building. I'm just confused about the balcony clue. I know of no rooms with balconies. The only balcony I know of is in the main entrance with a main stairway, etc..

SilentSleep

"Here" just means on that line. Hammer has a small 'h', so it actually means a bog-standard hammer. Err, that you'd hit nails with. That's made of metal. So just one leg then.

Let's say you're in the main hall, and you enter the door the leads to the east wing, on the second floor. To your right there's an alarm button, and a corridor just before it. The room you're looking for is at the end of that.

If the alarm is causing you problems, you can turn it off in a room beside the armoury, but guards can still turn it on afterwards.

Chiller

SPOILERS.

the_grip: Use the head on the third pedestal. If you don't have it yet, it's in the yellow pyramid in the second floor dining room (large room). Use the gold key on the pyramid.
    Spoilers you asked for, spoilers you get.

-Chiller

------------------
    Tired of all the good guys ? Tired of SPCL, SPCB, SPCF and whatsoever ? Well, here's just the place for you ! SIDE - the Society for Inflicting Damage to Everything ! Violence is accepted and encouraged !
    The link to the SIDE thread is a few words back...
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Feb 2013 at 12:37. Reason: added spoiler cover

Chiller

BIGTIME SPOILER:

SilentSleep... the code is actually 3214... not 3241 as it should be according to what you've said here... plz XPLAIN THIS !
    Sorry, just that the puzzle really got me mad at the time and to solve it I read the scoll for the 'normal' difficulty... figured out only the '2' at that time but still...

-Chiller

------------------
    Tired of all the good guys ? Tired of SPCL, SPCB, SPCF and whatsoever ? Well, here's just the place for you ! SIDE - the Society for Inflicting Damage to Everything ! Violence is accepted and encouraged !

SilentSleep

Jeez, Chiller, you nearly gave me a heart attack .

I whipped open the mission, and the combination 3214 gets me shocked, while 3241 opens the portcullis. Any chance you could check again?

Everybody seemed to have trouble with that puzzle.. should I make it easier for the (possible) T2 version? Did anybody actually get it? I didn't think it was that hard... but then I made it.

the_grip, if you're still stuck outside the master bedroom, the key is in the head guard's room.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Feb 2013 at 12:39. Reason: added spoiler cover

Chiller

Yup you're right Silent... WHAT THE F*CK IS WRONG WITH ME ????!!! I feel like such an a$$hole...
    You know, it's these kinda' days when I feel like I'm constantly switching between slightly different dimensions... I'M NOT KIDDING !!! It's scary !
    Or, maybe I just have very short-term memory
    Anyway, I'm very sorry. I really should check before doing things like that. But I was so sure... I guess you'll understand.
    Say, since we are here, where are secret scrolls number 2,3,4 & 6 ? Spoilers or hints, whatever, but rather spoilers. Thnx.

-Chiller

------------------

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast