TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast

Thread: The Order Of The Vine (t1 mission - 30/06/2000)

Chiller

Oh, and about making it easier:

Obviously the difficulty is very realistic. The.. er... Chiller tries to remember name... man who wrote it just had to take a short look at the scroll to remember what was it all about
    But for game purposes, yes, maybe a bit easier.
    I don't think it's that hard, no. (now that I know the solution ) But I still think that the first line can be a bit confusing...

-Chiller

------------------
    Earth is full. Go home.

SilentSleep

*phew*, okay, thanks.

The scrolls are around... Oh well, I may as well tell you. 2 is hidden in the upstairs store room in the west wing, 3 is in a secret room in the ceiling of the little room in the bar (you'll need a rope arrow), and 4 is behind a frobbable painting in one of the northernmost guest rooms in the east wing. Number 6 is in the epilogue, behind a bashable, but unfrobbable wooden door. Bash it with your sword a few times.

That's them all then.

Kyra

Spoilers:
    .What an awesome mission! It was very funny (the marriage proposals), super challenging, excellent attention to detail, cool nail-biting ending with freaking firearrows whizzing past my head on all sides and a nice first meeting with Viktoria! Voice acting was wonderful! The way the story was split into three was an interesting idea. The Trickster statue behind glass was neat, so was the little pyramid. Crawling through the latrines and dropping into the sewage was gross - I enjoyed the "realism"! I liked the King's head and 2 little bronze and silver thingies set up to open the portal. The effects were all cool. Took a few tries to get the combination lock..that was neat too. Story was good, sub plots were good, msg boards were good (Dirken's (I think - the construction manager) msgs were hilarious).

There were two doors I didn't get opened, those being the iron ones on the second floor main hall, one on the east side and one on the west. Is there a key to those? Oh, and the two to the left and right on your way out the grand double doors on your way to the drawbridge.

Well done, Mr. Armstrong!

Kyra

Mugsy

Kyra: Those can be opened using the "battlement" keys, which are hanging on the wall in the Armory.

SilentSleep

Thanks, Kyra. I try.

Ithel

SilentSleep, I just started this mission last night (after downloading it last night only to discover I'd already downloaded it a week ago, d'oh!) The map is a bit confusing, but above in this thread I see that it was meant to be so. I'm playing on Hard because the blackjack is my friend. As I said, I've only just begun. The only objective I've completed is entering the building. But I'm upstairs now poking about in dark corners and admiring in wide-eyed wonder your truly thorough architecture. The place just looks fabulous so far--I'm really enjoying! (And I'm taking notes, heh.)

------------------
    Looking for love? Play Hush...Hush, Sweet Harlot, awarded 3 SILVER HAMMERS! Then rate the mission at Tel's Voting Site

Kyra

Thanks Mugsy. First time around I got spotted in the practice room and didn't notice the key. I grbbed it this time and got to where I needed to go!

Kyra

SilentSleep

Thanks, Ithel, but remember: all the cool kids break into the treasury before they do anything else .

Ithel

Yep, I figured that out this afternoon. I suddenly realized I'd walked quite close to the treasury and that it was my major objective. I wish you could have seen me blackjack the two guards. I only got zapped three times before I decided that a hammer has one leg, not three (I was thinking a claw hammer).

I've got the "rare item" and have swept most of the guards off the upper floor (I think). I'm looking for the master bedroom. The map really throws me sometimes. But don't tell me...I'm enjoying the challenge.

And I have to say again that the architecture here is incredible. I really feel I'm in an actual building, with weighty ceilings over my head. Very nice. And the light-sculpting... the best I've seen since Bloodstone Prison.

I have only a teeny complaint and that is the near absolute silence. A little ambient sound would have been nice. So far I can only recall a little in the treasury and somewhere else (but I can't remember where). No big deal, but in halls that wide, I'd expect something like the "cave" wav file.

Kudos to a really fun mission! I'm very impressed.

[This message has been edited by Ithel (edited July 11, 2000).]

Ithel

Okay, I need a couple more hints, I guess. I cannot for the life of me find the hidden switch for the safe in the Master's bedroom. I feel like I've looked everywhere in that room...I even tried getting up on the rafters there. Another clue?

I also could use a little hint about where the entrance to the basement is, unless that will become apparent after opening the Master's safe. I've already "introduced" myself to the head servant (creepy!) and have found the "cat's tongue," etc.. (I feel incredibly guilty for stealing the engagement ring).

This mission is better than "The Sword," in my opinion. I'm loving every minute of it (I'm at six hours now...I'm a cautious thief).

Ithel

I got the safe open. I guess I wasn't as thorough before as I'd thought. I also found the basement...very nice effects, btw. I've been trying the last forty minutes to kill the Master from up above, but all I have left are two fire arrows and six broadheads. So I'm afraid I have to go down to his level after all (I REALLY don't want to). You got the Lost City lights working...I'm impressed. I can't wait to dissect this mission under dromed and see how you did the neat tricks. Truly outstanding mission, SilentSleep. Right up there with Death of Garrett, Bloodstone Prison, and Lord Edmund Entertains. Great work! (And I still have Wynne's voicework to look forward to.)

SilentSleep

Yeah, I know what you mean about the ambient sound. I was going to do another pass for that, but then Purah posted he was releasing CC in a few days, so I panicked and zipped it up. Dumb, really.

------------------
    The Order Of The Vine
    ...and other stuff.

the_grip

Where the heck is the main guard's room? the archer who is sleeping? i can't find a key in there. i'm getting sick of running around the place soon... any help would be appreciated

------------------
    "Whadda I look like, a guy that's not lazy?"

Lancer

The head guards room is on the second floor at the opposite end of the building from where you came in. You will find the key ot the master's bedroom there.
    The Golden stone key which opens the pyramid in the upstairs dining room can be found in the master's bedroom safe if I remember correctly.
    Hope that wasn't more than you wre looking for.

------------------
    Lancer
    www.banzaidesign.com

High John

I've got gold & silver keys, and most other stuff I can find, but where do I get BRONZE key please?

[This message has been edited by High John (edited July 14, 2000).]

Netzach-Keter

Wheres this hidden room? I've searched the wine cellar and basement with opposite the garden but I cant find anything

------------------
    Covert ops and director of silly names at the SPCB

Lord High Combat Capybaras Trainer of CAEDSWOB

www.3dactionplanet.com/thief/uph/NK/honest_trade.html

[This message has been edited by Netzach-Keter (edited July 15, 2000).]

Nightwalker

Look in the basement opposite the garden, with the crates and a few stacked chairs. Look carefully, there is a lever in there.

SilentSleep

High John, the bronze keys' position changes depending on your difficulty. There's a note in the master bedroom that should give a hint.

Netzach-Keter

Thanks but it comes to late as I recently downloaded Calendras Cistern and I doubt I will be able to tear myself away from it (Order of the Vine is still one of the best FM's I've played though)

------------------
    Covert ops and director of silly names at the SPCB

Lord High Combat Capybaras Trainer of CAEDSWOB

www.3dactionplanet.com/thief/uph/NK/honest_trade.html

kfgecko

Order of the Vine- where's the silver key on hard?

I'm playing hard... I found gold and bronze (near cat fountain) but I can't find the silver... hints? Thanks

Ithel

Maybe you should pay Giblen a visit.

pbucko

How do you find the combination number for the lock in the treasury, been everywhere

need spoiler.

------------------
    Hey! Seezie you minze plumzies....

No! Plumzie taker, gimme 'em backsies!

SilentSleep

It's right there in the treasury. Just read the treasurers note again, then look around.

Kfgecko, there's a key you need to get in though. It's location in hinted a few times in the surrounding diaries and angry letters .
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 16th Feb 2013 at 12:40. Reason: added spoiler cover

SilentSleep

Oh, and here's a little something I found when adding some things for the German version...

The master's attack is NOT meant to look like a giant, flying white wedge. It's supposed to be a Viktoria-style stretchy vine attack. I didn't change the model name in the final version. Why did no-one tell me?

*sigh* You can fix it by opening up the mission in dromed, typing "find_obj paganclaw" and changing the model name from "clawb" to "paganclaw", then saving the gamesys. The German version won't have this problem.

Oh no! It's on the PC Gamer cover CD! Awwwwwwww..... I wish they'd taught me how to curse in Irish...

[This message has been edited by SilentSleep (edited July 17, 2000).]

SilentSleep

If you haven't finished it yet there's a fix at http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30981 you might want to do...
    Last edited by nickie; 13th Jan 2013 at 09:22. Reason: Fixed link

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891419 ... LastLast