TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: The Order Of The Vine (t1 mission - 30/06/2000)

Too Much Coffees

tootv version 1.1
    TDP version 1.33, not Gold.

Yeah, I finished a couple of days ago. It only took a few seconds for that objective to check off. Felt good to not lug that body around anymore.
    After that, all I had to do was get out of the joint (now how did I know that getting across the drawbridge wouldn't be so easy?)

Now I am indulging in another FM, Bloodstone Prison, looks like another winner...

oldgeezer

The Order of the Vine Fan Mission

Can anyone help me open the safe in the "Masters bedroom" and how do you open the steel door in the room with the archery targets????? Thanks

Nightwalker

To open the Master's safe, look on the opposite side of the room for a book that lights up. As for the metal door, you need the key off of the guard practicing with his sword. It's labeled "Armoury Key".

SilentSleep

One of the books in the bookcase opposite the safe should hilight when you look at it. If you use it then, the safe should open.

That door is to the armoury. The key is on the belt of the guard who's practising sword-fighting on the dummy.

I suppose I should plug the faq. Not everything is answered there, so post again if you need any more help.
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/missi...v/tootvfaq.asp

------------------
    /~sleepy/thief

oldgeezer

order of the vine -fan mission

How do I find the Kings head to set on the pedestal ? Playing in normal mode and have version 1.1 --Thanks - Geez

SilentSleep

Ah, there's something I missed from the faq.

The head is in the small yellow pyramid in the dining hall. You need the gold key to open it.

I_Hide

Need some help on The Order of the Vine

Okay, I've broken into the treasure room and found the note saying that one of the guests has the seal. I've been through everywhere but the toilets. I'm pretty sure that the guest who has the seal is in the one seriously locked room in the middle of the east wing. The problem is I can't figure out how to get in there. I can't find a key to that room. I can't find a secret door to that room. I thought that maybe the double-doors that lead outside from the room down the hall might go to a balcony that will get me there, but I can't find the key to those doors either. Please help.

------------------
    Has anyone else ever noticed that space is rather inconveniently large?

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I can't remember for sure, but did you say you've been everywhere except the toilets? Was that just a hyperbole? Because you really do need to explore under the toilets! Maybe you already have, and that's not what you meant.

I loved TOOTV, but now I just can't remember all the little details, sorry.

------------------

I_Hide

I've not been into the toilets yet, I was kind of under the impression that I needed to get into that locked room before I bothered going down the crappers. :-)

------------------

Nightwalker

To get into the locked room, try looking down the hall for a room with a balcony, and get some fresh air!

I_Hide

That's the second part of my problem. I can't find the keys to the balcony.

------------------

ThiefinRain

This fan mission is well done, but in my opinion it is a bit difficult. I remember spending two or three nights on it without being able to complete it. I'll try again some time soon. Sorry I couldn't help.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

I agree about the difficulty, far harder than any of the original levels, not because of the skill required, but because of having to retrace your steps so much to search for such small things forever and ever. But the level is sooooo good, that I didn't mind the difficulty.

------------------

birdbrain

This is a cool mission with nice plot twists.

I have the exact opposite problem as you. I've found the seal but can't break into the treasury. If you find the Master, you'll find the seal. Look near center of the building, towards the bottom. There's a small secret door that leads to a special room. Hopefully you've found it by now (older post I realize). You'll need three ancient keys too.

------------------
    birdbrain

Some day I'm not gonna be a guard anymore. I'm gonna be a manor lord. And I'm gonna hire lots of guards to make them go on patrols at nightwatch. And I'm gonna sneak up on them and say, "Didn't you hear something?" and watch 'em jump.

canoli

Help with FM The Order of the Vine!

I am having a difficult time near the end of this mission. I can't beat the magician (who I assume is the Master of the house) after I go through the portal. I have even went directly to the center of the screen and jumped in the portal there, only to be confronted by a Constantine-like figure. I have dealt massive damage to the Master character but he never dies; he just ties me up in webs. Help if you can- I need a hint!!

Nightwalker

Don't jump into the centre portal. It's certain death. You get out the way you came in.

frobber

Also

Don't try to beat this "magician" guy as you call him. Even on Normal I could not take him out with a half dozen fire arrows and about 15 sword hacks.

Grab what you need and just scram.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Can't you beat him? I thought I did, but now I can't remember...

------------------

SilentSleep

It's an awareness thing. At first he's an average, blackjackable guy, but if he spots you, I add some metaproperties and everything changes.

------------------
    /~sleepy/thief

canoli

Thank you for the tips. I have found this mission to be very entertaining, but I was really starting to get frustrated. I normally pride myself on beating games without any help. This time, though, I was at the end of my rope. I only recently figured out how to download and play fan missions (I have played 5 so far), and I am having a great time! This increases the replayability so much. I guess the next step is to try out Dromed! Thanks again all.

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Hope you do try Dromed, and keep trying

------------------

radioman

Of course I'm not all right! I'm standing in front of the lock to the Treasury with everything I need (I believe) except the combination. I have the scroll from the guy saying he expects to be shocked by the lock, so he made a note to himself. I assume he's hinting that he wrote down the combo somewhere. My problem is I can't remember where I got this note a month ago - when I started the great mission, then foolishly put it aside until today. Can anyone tell me where I got this note - or point me in the right direction? Like a good taffer I'll find that combination myself, but a little clue would sure make me all right again. Thanks.

canoli

Well, the note that contains the clues for the combination to the safe are somewhere in the Treasury office. It took me a little while to find, too, but just search all over the office and I'm sure you will find what you're looking for!

radioman

Exactly the level of clue-ness I was seeking. Thanks!

Lobster

The Order Of The Vine

I finally beat Thief Gold a couple of days ago, what an incredible game. I don't think I've ever played one better (that's not saying to much since I've only played a couple of others)

I downloaded a few FMs soon after and started playing TOOTV. It's great, certainly rivals some of the original missions in terms of architecture and creativeness.
    I've become stuck though. I can't figure out how to break into the treasury. I've found the hidden note, but I can't figure out what it means. I'm guessing the last line means I should press 1 on the elecric zap switch pad, but the first three lines are beyond me.

Could anybody give me a hint?

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast