TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: The Order Of The Vine (t1 mission - 30/06/2000)

Nightwalker

It's kind of hard to give a hint. The verse IS the hint. If you just want the code, highlight here: 3241

Keeper of Metal and Gold

Well, you probably already read the exact code above, but the verse lines are just a riddle. Just take each one and figure what number it must be referring to. I played this mission a long time ago, but i remember the first line being something about a TREE, which is like THREE. The second line you just count the 0's, then you just think what a hammer looks like (is that the next one?), Aw heck, I can't remember

------------------

Lobster

Thanks for the help.

I cheated and read the code in the hidden text, and the answer seemed so obvious afterwords.

MrDuck

Need a little help with TOOTV!!!!!

Anyone know that 4 number passcode I need to raise the gate???(the one that gives you electric shocks if you err the passcode).

Wee wee....

------------------
    -MrDuck, Master Duck of Dubious Foot Gnawing at Clan MBOP(aka Clan Foofie), first disciple of the OOTWM(Order Of The Wee Master)and head publisher of LITOQ(Life In The Old Quarter, visit us in our forum at: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/ubb/Forum...L/003778.html, now a fan-fic at The Circle).

"Quack at dawn, quack at noon and quack in the night....what about between meal quacks??"

Daffyd

theres a piece of papyrus in the same romm, hidden. I cant remember where and i cant be bothered re-downloading it to find out. I think it is either under the desk or behind a secret door in the wall behind the desk.

Nightwalker

Here's the numbers, just in case you can't figure out the riddle. Highlight - 3241

MrDuck

Dang...I actually solved the riddle except on the 3rd digit.....why 4???

Wee wee....

------------------
    -MrDuck, Master Duck of Dubious Foot Gnawing at Clan MBOP(aka Clan Foofie), first disciple of the OOTWM(Order Of The Wee Master)and head publisher of LITOQ(Life In The Old Quarter, visit us in our forum at: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/ubb/Forum...L/003778.html, now a fan-fic at The Circle).

"Quack at dawn, quack at noon and quack in the night....what about between meal quacks??"

Nightwalker

I guess it just finishes the sentence. I wasn't smart enough to solve it myself, but my husband took one look at it, and knew. "What am I writing this......for? (4).

tripathi

order of the vine

how do you get into the lockbox in the masters room. Also, what goes on the altar w/the red star? I got the silver and bronze key and pluged them into the secret portal room. need help from there. please help.

Spitter

There should be a "book-button" gag in the master's bookcase. Look closely.

------------------
    A malfunction! -- A brother of Karras. -- Dangerous conditions!

Geller's Pride screenshots. For Thief 1, ETA - When It's Done (tm)

Spamlet

You need to put the head of the ancient dude onto the altar (which you get from the pyramid in the dining room).

------------------
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me." William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

[This message has been edited by Spamlet (edited April 13, 2001).]

The Order of the Vine

I have completed all the objectives, I have killed the master, though I have found the hidden note in the treasury room. I cannot figure out the note. Does anyone know how to figure out the number to the combination. This note is not all that clear. It realy stinks when you think you finished the level and then one things stands in your way.

Don't get upset. A lot of people had a little trouble with that one. Highlight here for the code: 3241

Taking a break

I also struggled with that one, but after much figuring and racking my brain, I eventually got it, and after that I felt like it was an excellent riddle, since they are usually so freakin' obvious and simple

Please tell me where to get Order of the Vine?

The Circle doesn't seem to have it, and in the keep of metal and gold it says "this file is frozen" on i-drive, so...

Try the FM archive here: http://www.thief-thecircle.com/missions/

Which link is also convenient located at the top of this forum...

Order of the Vine is definitely there, I just checked it myself.

wtf! How did I miss that before...ah well, thanks! =)

aack! Order of the vine help, please!

Well, I can't find the secret entrance to the basement. I found the passage under the toilets and such but that didn't seem to lead anywhere except back outside to the sewer where I came in at.

What have I missed? Please help?!?!

Saturnine

If I remember correctly, its been a while since I played this excellent mission....

Spoiler:
    Theres a lever hidden behind a crate in the cellar where the drunk guards are

Spoiler:
    There is a secret lever hidden in a cellar, but not the one with the drunk guards. It's in the one directly across from the garden entrance.

Bear with me if this doesn't work, first time:

Spoiler:
    I thought there was a secret entrance behind a fireplace somewhere.

Am I even in the right mission?? Oh, well, I tried.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist in this mission, Hit Deity. Maybe you're thinking of Mystery Man?

Thanks! I was able to finish up after finding the lever. Can't believe I missed it just sitting there.

What's the treasury code in Order of the Vine?

I got the secret scroll but I cannot make sense of the hints. Can anyone tell me what the code # is and/or the meaning of the cryptic scroll? Thank you!

Very good mission, BTW!

Thanks.

Spoiler:
    The code is 3241.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast